shape
carat
color
clarity

Building my new yellow sapphire e-ring - advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CornishRex

Rough_Rock
Hello all - you truly have an amazing forum. Building my e-ring with the boyfriend and have been to the Natural Sapphire Company headquarters several times over the last two weeks and have picked out a stone.

It is a 7.27 ct yellow cushion cut sapphire

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Yellow/Cushion/stoneid=Y2361

For the setting I want I need a symmetrical cut and I don''t need quite such a large stone. They didn''t have anything around 6ct in the color I liked, so they are going to recut the stone - it will probably end up around 6.5ct and be more square. How should i tell them to recut besides eliminating any "window" and adding more facets? I want it to be gorgeous and sparkly.

The setting I am going for is a Cellini micro pave with a platinum wire halo. The Cellini setting is quite expensive at $8.5k so I have put in a quote request to Leon Mege after reviewing this forums advice on micropave experts in New York. Do you think it will work well with the yellow/platinum?

See below for pictures of the setting

Thanks for all your help!

CornishRex

Rough_Rock
Picture of the stone
36.gif

Y2361_1.jpg

CornishRex

Rough_Rock
Ring setting

cellini ring.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring will be absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!! I have bought my padparadscha sapphires from NSC.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
The setting and stone look wonderful. Sorry no advice for your questions. Can you tell me about your Cornish Rex? My DH would like one in the future. We have four cats though, so I think it will be quite a while.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
beautiful color! It''s going to look amazing in that setting!

CornishRex

Rough_Rock
I have had two cornish rex so far - they are the best cats. Super soft, slightly curly coats. What makes them wonderful (besides no shedding) is that they are the friendliest, most people loving cats! There are a bit needy with the amount of attention they want, in addition to sleeping under the covers, so I would wait on getting one until you have the available attention.

CornishRex

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the votes of confidence.

Linda W - did NSC cut or recut your stone?

Diaomondseeker2006 - do you know how long Jeff''s process takes and how much? NSC will recut the stone for free (of course I have to pay for all 7.27 cts)

Thanks everybody!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 9:11:32 AM
Author: CornishRex
I have had two cornish rex so far - they are the best cats. Super soft, slightly curly coats. What makes them wonderful (besides no shedding) is that they are the friendliest, most people loving cats! There are a bit needy with the amount of attention they want, in addition to sleeping under the covers, so I would wait on getting one until you have the available attention.
Well, I know about needy cats. My four are all some derivation of a Siamese. (Balinese, Oriental Shorthair ec.) They ARE needy-lol. My husband calls them "in your face cats" which translates into great personalities. You make the Cornish Rex sound great!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I think your ring is going to be beautiful! Please, please post pictures when you get it finished!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see the outcome of this project! I don''t have any ideas or advice for you right now but I just wanted to give you my virtual support! Keep us posted!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to rain on the parade, but Jeff White no longer does recuts. (although, maybe he could be convinced otherwise, considering how beautiful this stone is!)

LS

ETA: I should clarify: Jeff does recuts but only stones HE has sourced.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 10:14:20 PM
Author: LostSapphire
Sorry to rain on the parade, but Jeff White no longer does recuts. (although, maybe he could be convinced otherwise, considering how beautiful this stone is!)

LS
6.gif
39.gif

ETA: just saw your edit... PHEW! I was worried there!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 10:20:51 PM
Author: musey

Date: 2/25/2009 10:14:20 PM
Author: LostSapphire

LS
6.gif
39.gif

ETA: just saw your edit... PHEW! I was worried there!
Sorry about that! I realized after posting it could be taken the wrong way!

LS

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, my lips puckered upon seeing this! Lemony goodness!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty!

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is beautiful! And about the cats lol! I have a siamnese named Loki! Boy does that little devil live up to his name LOL! Our eyes almost match LOL!
35.gif

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 12:12:14 AM
Author: shaunrice
Wow, that is beautiful! And about the cats lol! I have a siamnese named Loki! Boy does that little devil live up to his name LOL! Our eyes almost match LOL!
35.gif

meandloki.jpg

CornishRex

Rough_Rock
shaunrice - cool eyes!

So I gues I will just tell NSC to recut the stone to eliminate the window and add as many facets as possible? I will repost the recut stone when I get it back! thanks for the support !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results