shape
carat
color
clarity

budget 6,000 for studs and got offer, please take a look

haagendazs0823

Rough_Rock
Hi,

My budget is USD 6,000 for one pair diamond studs. Today I got an offer from supplier as follows:

Both diamonds have EGL international (not EGL USA) certificate
Diamond 1:
1.01 ct
color J, VS I, Excellent cut
Depth 61.8%
Table 57%
Crown: 16%
Pavillion:43%
6.88*6.41*3.97

Diamond 2:
1.04 ct
color J, VS I, Excellent cut
Depth 62.2%
Table 55%
Crown: 16%
Pavillion:43%
6.49*6.47*4.03

should I grab this pair? Thanks for your suggestion

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
EGL is known to give very inflated color and clarity grade compared to AGS/GIA, usually 2 grades higher or more. So much so that these stones are traded at a discount amongst the dealers and then sold off at their grading report grade as a deal to the unsuspecting customers. It is generally cheaper to buy an GIA/AGS actual grade stone.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-international-which-is-the-best-deal.162154/

Numbers could be fine but since % is used instead of degrees, there is far more uncertainty in the cut as a 1% difference in depth of the pavilion can mean a 0.8 degree change in pavilion angle.

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, not a deal. You have no idea what you are buying or even if they are a match in terms of color since EGL is inconsistent and soft. Also the first stone's measurements are a bit wonky, 6.88-6.41? That seems somewhat out of round. I wonder if these stones would match well at all just going by that measurement.

OP, I'd call ID Jewelry and see what they can do for you. They seem to have great prices and would probably get you some nice bright earrings. Probably not going to get 2 ctw for your money, that is cheap for a well-cut 1 carat stone and you want 2 of them. But see what Yekutiel can do for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results