shape
carat
color
clarity

Brown/pink lab stones coming my way!

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
Going out on my own on this but I like stone 2 on your hand better. But if you have a clear favorite, of course that’s the winner!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes the one in the black box, is that the one you're going with?! Your kind of keeping us in suspense here you know :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to keep in suspense--meetings all day! The one in the black box is being sent back tomorrow. It's just too light for me. I don't see the "brown" as clearly as I do in the other one. The one I prefer is stone 2 in the hand pics.

But stone 1 is gorgeous (it has those awesome fat arrows). Anyone who wants a less obviously brown stone that has a great pink overtone (e.g. everyone except me :oops:) would be thrilled with it.

@Wewechew yeah my pics are horrific. Couldn't do either stone justice! But IRL the choice was 100% clear, and it wasn't even close. Browner stone all the way :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm so the "too pink" stone is going back??? Hmmmmmm :twisted2:

Just joshing, I'm glad you found your holy grail brown Lovedogs and it will be so fun to see what you do with it!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad one of them was the winner! Let's see some more pics of your favorite!! And sorry if I missed this, but what are your plans for it? So exciting!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: i like the more splintery one. hope to see more of these selling in the future!

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
I knew you were going with Brownie... too pink was updated to available on AV's site. And now....for the setting!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So how are you going to set it? :twisted2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to keep in suspense--meetings all day! The one in the black box is being sent back tomorrow. It's just too light for me. I don't see the "brown" as clearly as I do in the other one. The one I prefer is stone 2 in the hand pics.

But stone 1 is gorgeous (it has those awesome fat arrows). Anyone who wants a less obviously brown stone that has a great pink overtone (e.g. everyone except me :oops:) would be thrilled with it.

@Wewechew yeah my pics are horrific. Couldn't do either stone justice! But IRL the choice was 100% clear, and it wasn't even close. Browner stone all the way :)

I’m in agreement actually. Stone 2 stood out to me more as well, but I’m a “Team Brown” like you. ;)2

I cannot wait to see how you set that beauty!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last few pics before I packed the pink stone away :)
20191001_203923.jpg 20191001_194505.jpg 20191001_194519.jpg

And no idea about settings other than that I want to really highlight the color. I was thinking about having dk use a partial "cup" to make the color pop even more, and halo of white diamonds for contrast. But gotta save up :)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
congrats on your choice!!!!

NightOwlInCanada

Rough_Rock
I couldn't take it anymore.
I saw the original post on Instagram and was sad to see this gem being sold so quickly... as we were in search of a nice stone to put on a two-tone rose/white gold setting we already have. I couldn't believe it was back on the market, so I bit the bullet! @lovedogs, thank you for providing these pictures, it helped us make the final decision.
Can't wait to receive this gem :kiss2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't take it anymore.
I saw the original post on Instagram and was sad to see this gem being sold so quickly... as we were in search of a nice stone to put on a two-tone rose/white gold setting we already have. I couldn't believe it was back on the market, so I bit the bullet! @lovedogs, thank you for providing these pictures, it helped us make the final decision.
Can't wait to receive this gem :kiss2:
yay yay yay, congrats!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok now that I don't have to try to take good pics of 2 stones at once I made more of an effort with the one I'm keeping. Bedroom lighting isn't great, but it's dark so these were the best I could do.

Going to try and get good daytime ones tomorrow. Without the lighter one to compare it to, my idiot brain says "is it brown enough???":wall:

But I think it will darken a bit once set, especially if set with a cup and white diamond halo for contrast.
20191002_214402.jpg 20191002_214406.jpg 20191002_214637.jpg 20191002_214641.jpg 20191002_214643.jpg 20191002_214609.jpg 20191002_214248.jpg

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok now that I don't have to try to take good pics of 2 stones at once I made more of an effort with the one I'm keeping. Bedroom lighting isn't great, but it's dark so these were the best I could do.

Going to try and get good daytime ones tomorrow. Without the lighter one to compare it to, my idiot brain says "is it brown enough???":wall:

But I think it will darken a bit once set, especially if set with a cup and white diamond halo for contrast.
Still looks fab to me! Plenty brown with pink under tones. Yummy!!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I love them both!

Are they sparkly and gorgeous as you'd imagine a natural diamond to be like?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them both!

Are they sparkly and gorgeous as you'd imagine a natural diamond to be like?
Is the suggestion that MMDs might not look as good as Mined stones? Because both are the same material, and both can look good or bad, depending on clarity and cut ;-) lol

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Is the suggestion that MMDs might not look as good as Mined stones? Because both are the same material, and both can look good or bad, depending on clarity and cut ;-) lol

Not so much 'as good as', but I'm curious to know from someone who may have seen MMDs and earth mined stones together a lot, if there's any perceived difference. Yes, I'm aware they are largely physically identical but I'm also aware of the differences (albeit probably only discernible by a gem technician). There's not a lot of lab diamonds on display here in Australia so I can only rely on those who have had experience with both.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not so much 'as good as', but I'm curious to know from someone who may have seen MMDs and earth mined stones together a lot, if there's any perceived difference. Yes, I'm aware they are largely physically identical but I'm also aware of the differences (albeit probably only discernible by a gem technician). There's not a lot of lab diamonds on display here in Australia so I can only rely on those who have had experience with both.
Unless it's a CVD diamond with Stria creating issues, they should look exactly the same until/unless viewed using laboratory equipment!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results