shape
carat
color
clarity

Brown/pink lab stones coming my way!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For anyone who has followed my posts on CS or RT in the last year or two, you'll know that I've been searching (and searching, and searching) for a brownish/champagne/pinkish brown stone. Couldn't find what I wanted in a diamond, so started looking at zircon and found it was equally impossible to find the *exact* color that I want.

I call it "brown that leans pink", which is (apparently) much harder to find than "brown that leans yellow" or "brown that leans orange". After a super depressing experience (here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/kite-shape-stones-anyone-have-them.251466/) in which I thought I found a perfect stone before realizing how giant the window was, I gave up and decided to let @Rhino work his stone-finding magic.

Spoke with him via phone about my odd preference for color, and he asked if I was open to MMD. Since I love my moissanite and honestly have zero "mind clean" issues or preferences, I said I was totally ok with it. He mentioned that one of his suppliers has CVD stones of this exact color, and said he'd get back to me.

Within 24 hours he had 5 options (seriously, WTF, I have been looking for infinity and it takes him 24 hours?!). Upside-down pics of all of them: unnamed.jpg
(note that the one on the far left is a natural AVR to help me compare the colors)

He immediately identified the one that's the 2nd from the left in the upside-down pic as his favorite for me, but I was worried it was too *pink* and less brown-pink. Because I am insane like that, and PREFER brown. :oops:

I told him I preferred the other 4 options, so he focused on those for the videos below on you tube:

and

360 of all 5 of them here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xafecnj5ipd2hkn/Compare - LG117KVS2&LG163KVS2&LG159KVS2&LG151LVS2&LGLTPINK150LVS1.html?dl=0

But then he posted this on his IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/B27rvmxhtMa/ and I freaked out because the one I was scared of being "too pink" actually looked pretty darn close to my ideal color.

In the end, these 2 were my favorites (they are the last 2 on the bottom of the 360 video of all 5 (see the square below)

Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 10.07.33 AM.png

He posted them both to his website with the 360 videos
https://www.augustvintageinc.com/co...lt-pink-round-brilliant-cut-lab-grown-diamond

https://www.augustvintageinc.com/co...sh-pink-round-brilliant-cut-lab-grown-diamond

After trying to decide between the two for a few hours and getting nowhere, I decided to be a little crazy and just order both to see IRL.

They will be here on Tuesday! HOORAY!

What do you guys think? Guesses on which one I'll prefer IRL? I really have no idea. But if I don't buy the more pink one, there are like 10 ppl on IG who wanted it, so luckily I'm not screwing over @Rhino if I don't choose that one haha.

EDIT. Tagging @Starfacet , @KKJohnson and @ForteKitty since they were all at the G2G when we were discussing my search :)

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
The "too pink" one also my favourite!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool!

I think the 'too pink' stone looks awesome :))
The "too pink" one also my favourite!
I figure that will be almost everyone's favorite, but happy I get to see both and decide. The cutting on the less pink one is better and it faces up bigger bc it's not overly deep, but my search is mostly about color and the sparkle of the pink is nothing to sneeze at! So we will see!

muesli

Shiny_Rock
So exciting! I saw @Rhino ' s Instagram post and they are stunning!
I really like the "too pink" aswell:).

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
The "too pink" is blocked off in bottom right? if so i love it. i love the slightly fatter arrows.

eta duh, i just watched the videos, and love the too pink even more. it's slightly deeper but has that American cut feel, and it seems brighter under the table. I see a little girdle reflection in the other one.

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
I saw the "too pink" L on his website this am. I said.. now that stone is going to make someone VERY happy. I like it better than the other one you ordered.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interesting-
Glad you are getting two in to compare in person.
I’ll follow the crowd and prefer the pink by the looks of it face up too!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, my - the "too pink" one - that's the one on the bottom right, correct? It's exquisite. I actually like the cut - it's very lively and almost kind of transitional a bit.

Now, the question is: can @Rhino source that kind of rough for one of his custom-cut AVRs? :Up_to_something:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So no lie, I was looking at the "too pink" before dinner and before I realized it was sold and was sitting at the table thinking of all the pieces I would have to sell to afford it lol! Pretty much everything I own jewelry-wise.

That would be my pick!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pink! The pink! It's stunning!!! How will you set?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pink! The pink! It's stunning!!! How will you set?
Something with a halo, of course :lol-2:
But don't want it to look too much like an engagement ring, so I need to play around with halo shape, etc. But I need to save for a setting anyway, so it'll be a little while.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot wait to follow this project! They’re both gorgeous, but I agree that I prefer the cut of the too pink one as well.

I’ve coveted a brown diamond for quite a while now, so I shall live vicariously! At least now I know when I become rich and famous who to contact for options :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot wait to follow this project! They’re both gorgeous, but I agree that I prefer the cut of the too pink one as well.

I’ve coveted a brown diamond for quite a while now, so I shall live vicariously! At least now I know when I become rich and famous who to contact for options :lol:
So no lie, I was looking at the "too pink" before dinner and before I realized it was sold and was sitting at the table thinking of all the pieces I would have to sell to afford it lol! Pretty much everything I own jewelry-wise.

That would be my pick!
Just as an FYI, I think the pricing is pretty darn reasonable. 2500 for a 1.5ct stone is pretty amazing. Still expensive (2500 is certainly not a small amount), but to get the exact color I wanted and bigger than my minimum (which was 1ct) I was pleasantly surprised.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sure is very reasonable and obviously you are in the market but for me it would have been an impulse buy and I would have to make up for it by selling off some things.

It's a seriously beautiful stone, if you end up keeping it it will be exciting to see what you do with it!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
OMG - That is pretty much the sort of colour I would love to have. Rhino is amazing. I might have to see if he can source something similar but cut into an old cut or cushion... Very excited for you! Please update us!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bottom right! I'm glad you get to see them in person though and figure out what is your "perfect" color.

Please post pics!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How cool that you get to see and compare both! The bottom right one looks better cut to me. Can’t wait to hear what you think when you see them in person!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw Jon post these on IG and I figured it must be for you =)2 Can't wait to follow the rest of your journey :mrgreen2:

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
I love that AV could provide all these options, and for a lower cost than colorless lab diamonds. I’ll have to keep this in mind. I’m finding less and less stores are stocking fancy colors.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@lovedogs how exciting! I know you've been searching for this color! Drat, wish it was Tuesday! Can't wait to see how you like them!!! :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok...time for a million bad pics bc my camera really cant take good diamond pics.
Preferences??
20191001_105149.jpg 20191001_133046.jpg 20191001_101937.jpg 20191001_101116.jpg 20191001_105133.jpg 20191001_101137.jpg 20191001_101823.jpg 20191001_101830.jpg 20191001_101151.jpg

Attachments

• 20191001_102332.jpg
    20191001_102332.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 152

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one!

IMG_6503.jpg

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
Light pink one - for the win!