shape
carat
color
clarity

BROOCHES & Pins. Why Don't We Wear Them?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot that it moves. Yes. It would be a shame to make it stationary.
Here is a pic. I loved that it was small.
97DE16DA-0151-44EE-89C6-931B9FAC6E7B.jpeg

56530172-F238-4CB2-A66C-FC7674E444C2.jpeg

How lovely! I’ll let you know if I ever see anything similar.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m one of the daily brooch wearers. I work in a formal office environment and I always have a brooch on my jacket or work dress. I think I’m the only person in my company who does and people always remark on it, it’s become something of a trademark of mine.

I would give my eye teeth for that little lizard. He is so so cute. The way he looks like he has just been startled by something. Absolutely amazing workmanship. Did you find these or commission them?

Thank you, I love him too. He was found in the estate section of one of the local jewelry stores along with the frog. I had to scoop them both up!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Struggled to find an outfit to wear this brooch on today so decided to try something different. It was fun to wear in my hair and I will be trying this again. 6D012D19-D5AA-45B4-99EC-4C5A7113A794.jpeg

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought my very first brooch, a tiny owl (1.25"!!) from the 1950's.

I love that he looks slightly grumpy with those eyebrows, lol.

Don't think I'll get by Christmas, but maybe by New Year's.

Screenshot_20201219-122954~2.png

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Struggled to find an outfit to wear this brooch on today so decided to try something different. It was fun to wear in my hair and I will be trying this again.

That looks absolutely amazing!

I know I would find this in the driveway if my spouse tried that =)2

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m new to pin wearing but I’m loooooving it! I wear it as a pendant on weekends and days off but at work we have to wear lanyards so I wear it as a pin. I love it!
793172 793184

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m new to pin wearing but I’m loooooving it! I wear it as a pendant on weekends and days off but at work we have to wear lanyards so I wear it as a pin. I love it!
4B6E5C47-5066-43BA-AC9F-288BC0576982.jpeg 1BD8FBD3-FE3E-458C-9EA9-A476B8D4C058.jpeg

It must cheer everyone's day who sees it !
Major wooooooooon !

I must say im impressed how much you wear it

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It must cheer everyone's day who sees it !
Major wooooooooon !

I must say im impressed how much you wear it

Haha well I had it made as a pendant/pin so that I’d never have an excuse not to wear it! It’s definitely my most expensive piece in both money and time.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha well I had it made as a pendant/pin so that I’d never have an excuse not to wear it! It’s definitely my most expensive piece in both money and time.

Its dedinatly been worth the investment in both

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought my very first brooch, a tiny owl (1.25"!!) from the 1950's.

I love that he looks slightly grumpy with those eyebrows, lol.

Don't think I'll get by Christmas, but maybe by New Year's.

Screenshot_20201219-122954~2.png

He is so very cute!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore a vintage brooch in my hair for Christmas, it was very casual this year (hence the messy rooster look).

8FA558C4-8017-4B6C-A680-BB3FAC68B7D5.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aurora Borealis!!
Super stylish. You must start a trend with these gorgeous old pieces!

Fun right? I would love to see more people wearing pins in unique ways. There are so many pretty ones!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An acquaintance just admitted to buying all solid color pajamas and accessorizing them with brooches for their work conf calls. Said she’s totally comfortable and it looks very professional. Now I want to wear brooches on my pajamas ;-)

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An acquaintance just admitted to buying all solid color pajamas and accessorizing them with brooches for their work conf calls. Said she’s totally comfortable and it looks very professional. Now I want to wear brooches on my pajamas ;-)

:lol-2: best of
both worlds!! Very QE II in the upper half

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still wear brooches on jackets and dresses, however, the opportunities to wear them is far and between nowadays.

The majority of my brooches are costume pieces, and I currently have 3 brooches with pearls.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still wear brooches on jackets and dresses, however, the opportunities to wear them is far and between nowadays.

The majority of my brooches are costume pieces, and I currently have 3 brooches with pearls.

DK :))

so what are we wearing DK ?
Its the perfect time of year for brooches

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i got a bit depressed today because i couldnt go to the movies with the girls from work because im having trouble downloading my vacine pass
of course since then ive seen the terrible tornado on the news and im back in perspective

but i desided to treat myself some xmas cheer on trade me (NZ ebay)

nothing spectacular like @lucida818 's amazing find

i gotta admit ive never heard of Jonette jewlery
but i did do some research and i paid a fair price less than i saw on esty cat kissing.jpg jonnette wreth.png fish cat.jpg
the last one isnt Christmas of course but im hoping its pewter

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
it all started because i saw this the other day and had high hopes of buying it replacing the pearl with something spectacular from Andrew Molane (excuse spelling)
Alas it wasnt stirling so i let it pass and someone else got it for $1:(2
the freight was probably going to be about $6

As cute as is was i have more than enough projects and i dont need costume projects that wouldnt do a real pearl justice:(2
i was going to pin it to my long black wool coat :confused:

... that i dont wear :lol-2:
Screenshot 2021-12-12 at 22-44-33 Vintage Brooch Trade Me Marketplace.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
so what are we wearing DK ?
Its the perfect time of year for brooches

Not for me as I seldom wear my non sporty black coat, and when I do, I am usually running out of the door with no time to go back in to grab a brooch.

DK :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results