shape
carat
color
clarity

Bright Pink Things Often Come in Small Packages

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
A few months ago the wonderful Selkie invited me to join her at the West Coast Gem, Mineral & Fossil Show. I told her that I was looking for a bright pink spinel, cushion, about 1ct, but that I would have been shocked to find one there since I hadn't had too much luck looking online. Imagine my shock when I found this little beauty. It was smaller than I wanted, but the color is amazing. I purchased it from a local-ish gem and mineral dealer, John Garsow.

5.5mm square, .71ct

ericarpink6.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
It is tiny, but the color sure packs a punch. This is a great representation of what it looks like in person.

ericarpink5.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me likey.

Go back to posting pics now. You have my permission.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Here it is hanging out with an Arizona Peridot, which I also picked up from the same gem dealer.

Warning: gem shopping with Selkie can be dangerous for the health of your wallet!

ericarpink4.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love it! Bit you knew that! Where're the pics of it set??

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Fast forward a month or two. On a lovely Sunday afternoon Selkie and I set off to meet up with Athenaworth at the International Gem and Jewelry Show in Santa Monica. I went in looking for a setting for the peridot, since I was dead set on getting a legacy inspired setting for the spinel. But instead, I found the perfect setting for the spinel.

Much to my embarrassment, I forget who I purchased the setting from. There are baguettes on either side, then four small rounds. The stone didn't darken at all when set, I just found poor lighting today to take the photos.

ericarpink2.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I really just love the setting. It is delicate, which sets the stone off perfectly. Anything bigger would have overwhelmed it.

ericarpink3.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Last one. I've been wearing it a bunch with my wedding ring. I love the two together.

ericarpink1.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Next up to set is the peridot. Right now I'm liking this setting, from a local jeweler. The quality is great and the price is even better.

ericargreenpossible.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
When are you getting it set again?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
NIce rings. The spinel color is beautiful and the peridot looks so classic in that setting.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your spinel ring is pretty and I love the setting for your peridot. Not to mention the stone which seems to have no yellow in it at all!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ugh! I cannot wait for you to set that peridot! I seriously think I'm more excited than you (if that's possible)

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all!!! The peridot should be set in the next six weeks or so. I love that stone, too. And agree about the color - there is no yellow at all! I had someone try and talk me into setting it in yellow gold so I dropped it into a yg setting and yucky!!! Selkie says it looks like Jolly Rancher Green, which I think is a great description. The picture in the setting is dark due to poor lighting, but that sucker is bright.

The spinel is bright bright bright too. I have a purple spinel (which I posted here maybe two years ago?) which is dark. When I put the two of them side by side the pink seems to absolutely glow. I could not be happier with it.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would it be appropriate to ask you the name of the jeweler? I wanted something more or less similar for my new spinel ring,

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Erica, that is just perfection! Congrats on such a *lovely* piece!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
crasru|1312095077|2980973 said:
Would it be appropriate to ask you the name of the jeweler? I wanted something more or less similar for my new spinel ring,

I don't mind in the slightest, but right now I don't remember their name!!! They are located in a local jewelry mart (a bunch of vendors in the same storefront). I'll nab the name next time I go by there.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I've been missing my ring for the past few weeks (I'm on crutches and can't wear any rings! :errrr: ) and can't wait to get back to wearing it.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful gems!!!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results