carat
color
clarity

Brides, Grooms and Virginity

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cehrabehra|1309790148|2961503 said:
And the level of sexual ignorance among virgins, non virgins, and married women alike was STAGGERING. Truly. The MAJORITY of women I talked to didn't even *really* know what sex was until after they DID IT. They didn't learn in school, didn't learn from parents, don't even discuss with girl friends. It's like they get a boyfriend, they kiss, they take off their clothes, they do it and THEN they go - oh THAT is sex. Okay. And then they proceed to never learn how to do it *well*.

I wonder if a boy and a girl never got any instruction or exposure to the subject whatsoever if they'd naturally just know what to do, as in what goes where.

How would they know?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1309820364|2961692 said:
And the level of sexual ignorance among virgins, non virgins, and married women alike was STAGGERING. Truly. The MAJORITY of women I talked to didn't even *really* know what sex was until after they DID IT. They didn't learn in school, didn't learn from parents, don't even discuss with girl friends. It's like they get a boyfriend, they kiss, they take off their clothes, they do it and THEN they go - oh THAT is sex. Okay. And then they proceed to never learn how to do it *well*.

I wonder if a boy and a girl never got any instruction or exposure to the subject whatsoever if they'd naturally just know what to do, as in what goes where.

How would they know?
That's exactly it. Every one used animals as an example. A friend of one woman went on her honeymoon and didn't have sex until the 3rd day because that was how long it took for the parts to naturally line up.

Df, these were women who didn't know one another and there were a lot of similar stories. One said she knew it had something to do with kissing and being in bed because of movies, but she didn't know what it really was until it happened. I'm not making this stuff up! In fact I want to request an extension so I can ask more people.

Side note, it's funny that when you have a pad of paper and pen and say you're writing an article how people will tell you what they don't tell their best friends!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a very interesting thread! I grew up quite close to where Kinsey founded his institute for sex research, but was also a product of VERY conservative parents. A male classmate of mine told me a dirty joke in 2nd grade which prompted the birds/bees speech from my mother...but the rest I learned from other classmates and life experience. I was not a virgin when I first married and neither was my ex-husband. I think that we, as humans, are innately sexual and that from (at least) birth we begin our sexual lives. We are programmed to reproduce--in my opinion there is nothing shameful about human sexuality whatsoever, barring some deviations which may harm others.

I know that doesn't really answer the OP's "question," but I feel that perhaps Kenny won't mind if I throw in my two cents anyway. After all, people vary. :naughty:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1309820364|2961692 said:

How would they know?
it ain't that hard to figure out...the what has to go somewhere... :lol:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Umm, I'm 27 and I know one virgin in my age group. He's trying really really hard not to be one. I'm one of the few people in my group of friends who is married. So if I had to guess, I would think about 5% of people in Canada are virgins when they marry.

We were taught sex ed beginning in the second grade and birth control is readily available from local health units. I went to catholic school so we weren't taught birth control in school, but the school nurse would make an announcement directing students to their local health units for more information. I think I got most of my info on birth control from the original Degrassi :roll: I think the majority of my peers in highschool were having sex before graduation.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
+1 LOL 40% and 60% ?!?!?!?!?!?

I'd say -

US

Men 3%
Women 8%

Worldwide, well a wild guess since you have to factor in so many different cultures...

Men: 10%
Women: 15%

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results