shape
carat
color
clarity

Brian Gavin Signature Cushion Cut in Novela Platinum Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

311Hokie

Rough_Rock

First of all, I want to commend both Brian and Lesley for how hard they work, and how incredible of a job they do. Making such an important, expensive purchase over the internet from someone you have never met in person is an incredible leap of faith, and all I can say is that Brian and Lesley did such a wonderful job of always being there to answer any questions to put to rest any fears I may have had. I can honestly say that this was one of the easiest, least regretful purchases I have ever had, and I am extremely happy now that I have received the ring. Thank you Brian and Lesley.

Also, a thank you is also in order to the PriceScope community. Without you, I would never have found BGD, and never would have been nearly as educated about my purchase. I now have an understanding of my diamond, the ring itself, and the entire process of creation of the ring. This is something I never would have had if I would have went to a B&M, so thank you all.

Now, on to the ring!

I will be very honest, I really enjoy classical, clean settings. After talking with my FF, I decided that we both really liked the Tiffany Novo setting. I had originally intended on buying from BN, but once I found PriceScope, I realized that I would never feel comfortable purchasing a diamond without seeing the ASET, IS, and a Sarin report. As I was looking at the beautiful rings on the site, I kept coming across these beautiful pictures of rings from Brian Gavin Diamonds. Not only were the pictures beautiful, but every single person who purchased a ring from BGD had nothing but wonderful things to say about the entire process. I was impressed to say the least.

Originally, I thought that there was no way I was going to get anything other than a RB. The Tiffany Novo however, has a cushion-cut diamond, and as I continued to look for ideas (and with continued input from the FF, and seeing all the beautiful cushions on PS), I decided to entertain the idea of a cushion. I personally love the look of GOG''s August Vintage, but for this ring, I really felt that a modern brilliant cushion was the way to go. Then, once I saw the cushion from BGD, I became intrigued. I really want to replicate the Novo, and since BGD also had the Novela setting which in my opinion is equal or superior to the Tiffany Novo setting, I realized this was potentially a match made in heaven. However, after reading some of the comments in the posts about the new BGD cushions, I was a little apprehensive and decided to give Brian a call to discuss. I explained to him exactly was I was looking for in the diamond, and he patiently answered all of my questions. He even had no problems taking additional pictures of the stone from different angles.

At first, I was quite worried that the stone was a little too squarish, almost like a rounded princess cut. However, after seeing the additional pictures as well as the diamond in person, I can say that pictures do not do the stone justice. It is hard to describe, but as the light plays over the stone, right before you think it is going to hit a corner of the stone and make it look square, it hits a rounded facet and continues along the stone. Your eye cannot see where one facet begins, and one ends. I know that probably doesn''t make a whole lot of sense (I am definitely not a writer), but that is the best way I can describe how the stone looks in person. In short, it is STUNNING.

Now, on to the pictures:

311Hokie

Rough_Rock
Pic 1

1BrianGavin_Novela1_121509.JPG

311Hokie

Rough_Rock
Pic 2

1BrianGavin_Novela2_121509.JPG

311Hokie

Rough_Rock
Pic 3

1BrianGavin_Novela3_121509.JPG

311Hokie

Rough_Rock
Pic 4

1BrianGavin_Novela4_121509.JPG

311Hokie

Rough_Rock
Pic 5

1BrianGavin_Novella2_121109.JPG

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
wow! just beautiful! congrats :)

311Hokie

Rough_Rock
Pic 6

2BrianGavin_Novela1_121509.JPG

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this ring on B&L''s blog and I was hoping that it was made for a PSer so we could see it in more detail. I think it''s positively gorgeous! and she''s going to love it forever.

Could you please post stats for us?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
absolutely stunning!

311Hokie

Rough_Rock
Specs:

AGS Certified - 1040372630001
Cushion Brilliant
6.36 x 6.33 x 4.09 mm
Polish - Ideal
Symmetry - Ideal
Color - H
Clarity - SI1
Carat - 1.20 cts.
Total Depth - 64.5%
Pavilion Depth - 46.6%
Crown Height - 14.4%
Table Size - 60.3%
Girdle Thickness - 3.4%

311Hokie

Rough_Rock
Also of note, the stone was originally certified by GIA as an "I". However, at the request of another customer for the other BGD cushion, Brian sent all his cushions to AGS for grading, and it came back as an "H". This is why the stone now has an AGS number where previously it had a GIA number.

Thanks for all the comments so far!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Such a gorgeous ring!!
30.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! I love the fluidness of the profile!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
What a really beautiful ring... do you have it yet?? If so, some additional hand shots would be so fun to drool over....
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 9:26:21 AM
Author: 311Hokie
Pic 4
This is my favorite picture. ABSOLUETLY STUNNING
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
simply fantastic!!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! and congrats on gorgeous cushion and setting

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Incredibly gorgeous!!
36.gif

Lew Lew

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congratulations! That is a stunning ring!
30.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is simply stunning.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful!!

311Hokie

Rough_Rock
Thank you again everyone for all the great comments. I do have the ring in my posession and will be proposing, if all goes as planned, tomorrow night. I will try to take some hand shots as well over the weekend.

The ring size is 5.25.

ChicRaccoon

Rough_Rock
It looks so perfect - love it! Congratulations! Can''t wait to see some hand shots.

canada_ham

Shiny_Rock
that is GORGEOUS!!
30.gif
30.gif
i can''t wait to see handshots!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results