shape
carat
color
clarity

Brian Gavin recut complete!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I sent a diamond to Brian Gavin to be evaluated for a recut. He did his analysis on the stone and I decided to have the recut done. I have had this stone for about 15 years and is uncerted. It was .97ct, but was so deep that it faced up at 6.1mm!! :o The stone now is a .9 on the HCA and is .79ct, but it only lost .1mm of diameter so it's 6.0mm now! I am thrilled with the results and cannot wait to see my diamond! Brian still has the stone while I decide how to set it. I'm thinking pendant but am toying with other options too.

Here are some before and after images!

jewelry-001.jpg

jewelry.jpg

jewelry-002.jpg

Wow! Congratulations! What an amazing transformation!

Do you like Pearls? Cause I've got an idea if you do.

That ASET is amazing!

Greenbling - I know, right? I'm so excited!

Gypsy - I've never been a big pearl person, but I'm interested in hearing your idea. I don't have a big budget to work with....$600.

oh how exciting! That has made such a difference!
Is it too big to set it in one of those pendent type bracelets? I dont know if you'd never wear it or you'd wear it every day, but I love those. But again I dont know if its too big for that.

How great it has worked out :appl:

nielseel|1354587258|3321835 said:
Is it too big to set it in one of those pendent type bracelets? I dont know if you'd never wear it or you'd wear it every day, but I love those. But again I dont know if its too big for that.

Nice idea, but I don't want a bracelet. It's a pretty style, but I have a tennis bracelet I wear daily.

orbaya|1354587630|3321843 said:
nielseel|1354587258|3321835 said:

Nice idea, but I don't want a bracelet. It's a pretty style, but I have a tennis bracelet I wear daily.

oh well if you have a tennis bracelet than just ignore me lol. Hmmm, i must not be very creative, all i can think of is a bracelet or a pendant for the budget...hmmmm :read:

What a huge improvement! Holy --- that's an amazing ASET! Great H&As now, too - You must be so excited Orbaya! Do you have a Barbara pendant? I love mine and haven't taken it off since I got it in June! (well, it gets cleaned....) Money well spent, if you don't already have one!

Beautiful!

That is very cool! Can't wait to see some before and after photos!

Very nice!!

Enerchi|1354588591|3321863 said:
What a huge improvement! Holy --- that's an amazing ASET! Great H&As now, too - You must be so excited Orbaya! Do you have a Barbara pendant? I love mine and haven't taken it off since I got it in June! (well, it gets cleaned....) Money well spent, if you don't already have one!

Beautiful!

Actually I'm leaning heavily towards the Barbara martini.

Yea!!! Nice re-cut. I had BGD re-cut my original stone...turned out really nice too! Looking forward to what you decide since my diamond is still unset...couldn't decide. Maybe you'll be my inspiration!!! :wink2:

It looks beautiful!!! What a difference it'll be in person! Can't wait to see more pics! Can I ask how much it cost to have the stone re-cut? I've thought about this...

orbaya|1354589566|3321881 said:

Beautiful!

sah - WEET!!! I love that new design - that would be kick a$$ amazing with your newly recut diamond!! Mine is the original 3 loop one w bezel, but no milgrain. It is a very comfortable necklace/pendant to wear and very bright and sparkly! I hope you go for it :appl:

Holy moly! that image is perrrrrrfect! Very nice job by BGD! :appl:

Amazing transformation..tell us how much did it cost you to get it look so beautiful???

04diamond<3|1354589831|3321887 said:
It looks beautiful!!! What a difference it'll be in person! Can't wait to see more pics! Can I ask how much it cost to have the stone re-cut? I've thought about this...

When I did it, it was $350 a carat.

Orbaya...that is an incredible improvement! It came out so close to mine which was 1 ct recut to .80! I am so happy you decided to do it because I know you'll really enjoy the stone now! I will tell you that I had mine set in a Barbara pendant but I am planning on resetting because it looks too small to me. I think a small halo or something would make it look a little more substantial. But I haven't 100% decided on a style.

Enerchi|1354590310|3321898 said:
orbaya|1354589566|3321881 said:

Beautiful!

sah - WEET!!! I love that new design - that would be kick a$$ amazing with your newly recut diamond!! Mine is the original 3 loop one w bezel, but no milgrain. It is a very comfortable necklace/pendant to wear and very bright and sparkly! I hope you go for it :appl:
I love your "new" diamond! and I LOVE the Barbara martini! It's gonna look soooo good with a .79ct diamond!

renogirl|1354589652|3321883 said:
Yea!!! Nice re-cut. I had BGD re-cut my original stone...turned out really nice too! Looking forward to what you decide since my diamond is still unset...couldn't decide. Maybe you'll be my inspiration!!! :wink2:

Nice! Do you have your diamond back or does BG still have it? Have you started a thread on your experience?

The price of recutting depends on the size of your stone. I don't know if it's changed but almost 2 months ago when I began the project it was $350 per carat.

diamondseeker2006|1354595000|3321971 said:

When I did it, it was $350 a carat.

Orbaya...that is an incredible improvement! It came out so close to mine which was 1 ct recut to .80! I am so happy you decided to do it because I know you'll really enjoy the stone now! I will tell you that I had mine set in a Barbara pendant but I am planning on resetting because it looks too small to me. I think a small halo or something would make it look a little more substantial. But I haven't 100% decided on a style.

Do you have yours in the Barbara martini or bezel? I wouldn't be opposed to looking in a halo with very small stones, but I don't think my budget of $600 will cover it.

It's a bargain for such an incredible result! Congratulation... :appl:

Wow! What an improvement, and with only .1mm lost. That diamond isn't going to look smaller to you at all! And I think it's the perfect size for an everyday pendant. Big enough to be seen and be sparkly, not so big that it's too much to wear with a tshirt and jeans. Or whatever you wear every day.

orbaya|1354587063|3321832 said:
Greenbling - I know, right? I'm so excited!

Gypsy - I've never been a big pearl person, but I'm interested in hearing your idea. I don't have a big budget to work with....$600.

I'd have it set in pendant. But the pendant setting should allow for a dangle 'enhancer' to be connected to it. So somehow the back of the diamond pendant should have a loop. So that if you wanted to hook a pearl or a gemstone onto it, and have it dangle down, you could. It's a small modification, but if you like variety it's a nice one that allows that diamond to be used with different dangles for different looks.

Wow, that looks great....good for you taking the plunge to get a recut.

:wavey:
My BGD re-cut was done some time ago...couldn't decide what to do with it, so I had them send it back to me. I started a couple of threads about my experience and the results (sorry, I don't know how to post a link). Can't wait to see what you do with your beautiful "new" diamond!!!

WOW!! beautiful improvement... :love: :appl:

Wow, it looks great!

What an awesome job - and to think only .1mm was lost for such an incredible transformation. I can't wait to see its new home, when you make your final decision. :appl:

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP