shape
carat
color
clarity

Brian Gavin re-cut and milgrain bezel pendant redesign!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recently my mother gave me a 1 ct. family diamond that was appraised as H VVS. It was a good quality stone but poorly cut. It bothered me to have one diamond that was so poorly cut in comparison to my H&A stones. So I sent the diamond to Brian Gavin to see if it could be re-cut. He said it would probably end up around 6mm and .80, and that was fine with me to get a much more beautiful stone to hand down to my daughter!

While waiting on the recut, I did a poll here to get some help deciding on a pendant setting! The overwhelming choice was a Brian Gavin milgrain bezel pendant. The Barbara pendant has been pretty popular, but I was uncertain whether I liked the back. So I called and explained it to Jamie, and she had me speak with Brian about options to redesign the back. So I ordered the pendant to set my newly recut diamond!

On Monday of this week, I received the glamour shots of the pendant! I was afraid at first because the milgrain was SO huge in the magnified picture! However, let me just say that the milgrain is tiny, delicate, beautiful, and perfect in real life! :love: While the diamond is not a perfect H&A stone, you'd never know it to look at it! It is gorgeous and I cannot tell a difference between it and my H&A stones! I highly recommend Brian for recuts!!! :appl: The .80 with the bezel is a nice size to wear everyday. I chose a 17" chain. The pendant came today so I am posting the BG photos and then a few of my own.

Many thanks to Jamie who is always a pleasure to work with, and of course, to Brian and Lesley for their excellent diamonds and jewelry! I am proud to add this piece to my little collection! :D

BrianGa_BezelPendant1b_051311.jpg

BrianGa_BezelPendant3b_051311.jpg

BrianGa_BezelPendant2b_051311.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next are just a few pictures I took...

IMG_2338.JPG

IMG_2333.JPG

IMG_2365.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more showing the sides and back...

IMG_2329.JPG

IMG_2340.JPG

IMG_2339.JPG

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh it's gorgeous!!!!! and it looks great on you! love the redesigned back...does it flip?

I am curious, do you have the before/after stats that BGD does with recuts? I always enjoy seeing those. What do you think of the recut?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
oh... it's beautiful~~ :love: :love:
Glad you love how they did it~~

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh I'm glad you like it IRL! It looks fabulous in the pics - and the stone is killer! I was wondering which way you'd go w/ the milgrain. Can I ask what swayed you?

I love the alterations :sun: the original back is lovely in its delicacy, but I prefer how this one keeps the openness but seems safer, and cozier ::)

I just talked to Brian again about my bracelet - they must be getting quite sick of my waffling! We're at Finally Final now, though :halo:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1305752264|2925090 said:
oh it's gorgeous!!!!! and it looks great on you! love the redesigned back...does it flip?

I am curious, do you have the before/after stats that BGD does with recuts? I always enjoy seeing those. What do you think of the recut?

Thanks, slg! Gosh, I probably should have posted more about the recut! Maybe I could do that on Rocky Talky because it was quite a reformation! I'll have to see if I can figure out how to post those. It has not flipped since I have been wearing it. It sometimes turns to the right or the left as I turn my head, but it goes right back to center position on it's own! It's actually kind of neat!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1305753181|2925107 said:
slg47|1305752264|2925090 said:

Thanks, slg! Gosh, I probably should have posted more about the recut! Maybe I could do that on Rocky Talky because it was quite a reformation! I'll have to see if I can figure out how to post those. It has not flipped since I have been wearing it. It sometimes turns to the right or the left as I turn my head, but it goes right back to center position on it's own! It's actually kind of neat!

I'd love to see the before and after pic. Glad the pendant is working great for you, sure will be something for me to think about~ after I win the lottery~ :bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome DS, and so glad you like the milgrain as is. I think it looks smashing.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really pretty and looks so nice on you :love: ! I love the millegrain, the design on the back and the diamond is beautiful! Such a special stone to be able to hand down to your daughter :)) .

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much minmin,Yssie, Dreamer, baby nurse, and merilenda! I am so glad you like it!

Yssie, I had ordered inside-only milgrain and was afraid when I saw the magnified images of full milgrain, but I loved it when I saw it! It is delicate and beautiful, so I won't be sending it back to be redone, thankfully! Glad you like the back!

minmin, I'll try to post a re-cut thread in Rocky Talky later!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stunning bezel pendant DS- looks great on you, fantastic size and very heirloom material :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ds, it's just stunning! What a sparkler!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just perfect DS - i love it!!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondseeker, it looks gigantic on you!!!!!!!! It is beautiful!!!!!! I love it! I would love to see a pic from a distance too. I love
the up close shots but I love to see the sparkle on a neck or ear from a bit of a distance.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG! It is stunning! I love, love the redesign to the back as well. I cannot wait to see it in real life! Congrats J!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T, Laila, and violet..thanks so much!

luv2sparkle.....thanks! I am a terrible photographer and actually had trouble getting a non-blurry close-up neck shot! But I'll try and see if I can get one from a distance!

Tacori....I knew my fellow milgrain lover would like it! Now we both have migrain bezel pendants! I'll wear it to our next GTG! Thanks!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous pendant, DS! It looks much larger than the .80 it was cut to.
Your daughter is very lucky to have you always thinking of her future jewelry collection.

happybear

Shiny_Rock
DS, it's gorgeous!! I really like the new back design.... it gives the pendant a more classic look - heirloom quality, definitely!
Congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tigian|1305762468|2925262 said:
What a gorgeous pendant, DS! It looks much larger than the .80 it was cut to.
Your daughter is very lucky to have you always thinking of her future jewelry collection.

Thanks tigian! I actually have two daughters, so things will be divided up between them someday. This pendant is sort of an "oldest daughter" family item, though, so it will go to that one! It is funny but the younger one asked me today after she saw the pendant if I would leave her ALL my jewelry! :lol: Nice try anyway!

happy bear...thank you! I am so glad you like the new back! I am pretty much into "classic", that's for sure!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
It is BEAUTIFUL DS! Enjoy wearing it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's an attempt a a further distance neck shot at luv2sparkle's request. It is actually pretty hard to do yourself! The lighting was not good so the diamond doesn't show up as well. I may post a second one from earlier today that is a little blurry so you can see it when the light is bright!

IMG_2327.JPG

IMG_2369.JPG

libramom

Shiny_Rock
DS your bezel pendant is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! The diamond looks a lot bigger than .80..

Enjoy and wear and in good health

LM

Bibbi

Rough_Rock
WOW!!!!!! that is BEAUTIFUL!! CONGRATS on your " :appl: new" piece!!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning pendant!
I was considering a BG bezel pendant as well for my future graduation present!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Looks huge! It turned out very well! :appl: Just curious DS, did the clarity improve with the recut?

cheers--Sharon

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness,DS, that pendant looks STUNNING on you! Thank you for the extra neck shots! The milgrain gives the whole pendant a bit of extra sparkle. It is perfect and a complete success.

I can understand your daughters both longing to own it! I want to own it too!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
WOW, DS, that is STUNNING!!! The stone is just gorgeous, and that milgrain is perfect!!!!! Congratulations, and wear it in much health & happiness!!!! :appl: :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The chain is just the prefect length and I really think the size is perfect too!

And my dear, did you try three different shirts on today just for us and your photos? 8)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results