shape
carat
color
clarity

Brian Gavin Dream Eternity - and Sales?

lerna

Rough_Rock
Thanks all! I don’t actually own the pave ring, it was just one I had tried. I’ll be making a decision today on whether to keep this with a spacer or go back to the pave.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi @lerna circling back in to see if you made a choice of band to go with your beautiful ering?

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Also BG is having 20% off sale now on wedding bands! I'm thinking about taking the plunge on the eternity.
An eternity is so romantic to me. My concerns are the size and sticking with it for life. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Already my wedding set is too big and I need to send it back to BG. I'm losing some weight and I also don't know my fingers will change with time. And does one want the ering, wedding band and eternity all the same size? I'm soo confused. I could order the 3/4 and that would be safe but will I be yearning for full eternity or will I be extremely happy with 3/4? I'm open for feedback! Thank you friends.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I was 100% sure I would never get a full eternity (seemed a waste, can't size etc.) but I got one and now I'm a convert. Of course, mine is only 1.68ct worth of stones and set in a vintage settings that has high prongs to protect the stones against knocks. I love @KLE's ring but the stones are a little more exposed but if you're a careful wearer, I can't see it being a problem.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Omg how exciting! I love my half eternity dream but I would probably have gotten a full eternity if there was 20% off when I purchased it. For some reason I’d rather go with a full eternity than 3/4 so as to never have to worry about aligning it properly when putting it on. They can probably do a sizing bead inside as well so you size a bit up in case knuckle size changes. Are you going to engrave something on the inside?!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered my eternity from HPD this summer, I’ve been lusting over one for a year and just pulled the trigger. Yes, my fingers may change with age, but I figure I’ll enjoy it while I can and if I need to reset it down the road I can always do that. I just adore it, because my rings spin (my knuckles are bigger than the base of my finger) and all I ever see is diamonds. My e-ring is 4.25 and my eternity is 4.75. I can wear the eternity as a RHR also. I know the sensible thing would have been to get a spacer for sizing, but with my hubby’s blessing, I decided to go for it! Im glad I did!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ok I can relate! Thank you @monipod @scouty @MamaBear you all are so sweet and I treasure your feedback. My heart wants wants a full eternity for our 1 year anniversary. I just need to decide the size. My wedding set is size 7 and I've lost some weight so I'm probably 6.5 or 6.75 and I have 20 pounds to go so I'm thinking I'm safe with a 6.5 eternity and then get my wedding set sized to 6.5. Have to make decision tomorrow!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I just need to decide the size. My wedding set is size 7 and I've lost some weight so I'm probably 6.5 or 6.75 and I have 20 pounds to go so I'm thinking I'm safe with a 6.5 eternity and then get my wedding set sized to 6.5. Have to make decision tomorrow!

If you've got the fortune of having one made, you could always ask your jeweller to make it 6.75 and add a small sizing bead if you don't find them annoying. Hopefully he/she can suggest something for you. Alternatively I've seen what I can only call a 7/8th eternity band (so a small amount of metal band at the back to allow for some sizing option but then it's not a full eternity if you're chasing that seamless look.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I can relate! Thank you @monipod @scouty @MamaBear you all are so sweet and I treasure your feedback. My heart wants wants a full eternity for our 1 year anniversary. I just need to decide the size. My wedding set is size 7 and I've lost some weight so I'm probably 6.5 or 6.75 and I have 20 pounds to go so I'm thinking I'm safe with a 6.5 eternity and then get my wedding set sized to 6.5. Have to make decision tomorrow!

I wouldn’t go smaller than 6.75 if I were you, but it’s your decision in the end. If there is a jewelery store in town where you can go and get sized today, I would do that. My ring size is 5.5, I rarely ever get rings in my actual ring size because when I stack multiple rings, the size needs to be adjusted accordingly. My e-ring is 5.75 and I usually wear it with two bands that are each a 6. Individually, they are all slightly loose, but together they fit great.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock

I’d probably go with a 6.75 minimum and have a sizing bead so it’s 6.5. Or maybe even stick with a 7 and do a sizing bead to 6.75. I prefer to have my rings slightly loose because of swelling with heat and whatnot throughout the day. The eternity is such a big commitment I think it’d be a shame to have to sell it at some later point if it got too small.

My mom developed arthritis with age and had to have her rings all sized up, just something to think about.

lerna

Rough_Rock
Hi @lerna circling back in to see if you made a choice of band to go with your beautiful ering?

Thanks for checking in! I did decide on the Brian Gavin half dream band. I was debating between the half or the full, but I was concerned about the no return policy on the full since my ering is fairly low set and I wasn’t sure it would work. It turned out that it did! I have tried on many many wedding bands and just loved this one above any other. (I was actually having such a hard time finding one I liked that I didn’t get one until 1.5 years after our wedding)

In terms of sizing, my ering is a non traditional 4 1/3 and my half dream is 4 1/4. That was perfect for me for the bands to sit together and avoid spinning. That may be something to think about even if you opt for the full — a size too big may slide up and down on your finger and not sit as flush.

I like you really had my heart set on the full band, but the half turned out to be really beautiful too! I think you can’t go wrong. I think the half has generous coverage and shows no metal from the top (at least on me) and the full is of course stunning. I think the diamonds will back so much sparkle that you can will be happy either way.

Please keep us posted on what you decide! 20% off bands is definitely the best deal I’ve seen from Brian Gavin. 576A8539-65E6-4B5B-AB45-237CFE48DC4E.jpeg

lerna

Rough_Rock

Thanks for checking in! I did decide on the Brian Gavin half dream band. I was debating between the half or the full, but I was concerned about the no return policy on the full since my ering is fairly low set and I wasn’t sure it would work. It turned out that it did! I have tried on many many wedding bands and just loved this one above any other. (I was actually having such a hard time finding one I liked that I didn’t get one until 1.5 years after our wedding)

In terms of sizing, my ering is a non traditional 4 1/3 and my half dream is 4 1/4. That was perfect for me for the bands to sit together and avoid spinning. That may be something to think about even if you opt for the full — a size too big may slide up and down on your finger and not sit as flush.

I like you really had my heart set on the full band, but this turned out to be really beautiful too! I think you can’t go wrong. I think the half has generous coverage and shows no metal from the top (at least on me) and the full is completely dreamy.

I just saw this post about you being decided on the full. I think that will be beautiful and totally understand that preference for the full.

For reference, my diamond is also 1.17 carats. (I believe I saw that in one of your previous posts). Here are a few more photos I found on my camera roll from when I was deciding. 79C6C43D-27B6-47D5-826E-38E26EC0A210.jpeg 79E995FA-2067-449C-BC7D-C4D5AF6A64C4.jpeg EBC85BE3-4ED7-4E2D-848D-603B3C45F05F.jpeg 872933DD-CE1D-4E58-96DF-6AAF40B8B6CC.jpeg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
If you've got the fortune of having one made, you could always ask your jeweller to make it 6.75 and add a small sizing bead if you don't find them annoying. Hopefully he/she can suggest something for you. Alternatively I've seen what I can only call a 7/8th eternity band (so a small amount of metal band at the back to allow for some sizing option but then it's not a full eternity if you're chasing that seamless look.

Thanks @monipod the heart wants a full eternity, though the practical idea is 7/8 eternity. But I know that will bother me lol! I'll keep the sizing bead in mind if it ever gets too big. I think 6.75 is a safe size for now and hubby wants me to enjoy it and not worry about the sizing.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn’t go smaller than 6.75 if I were you, but it’s your decision in the end. If there is a jewelery store in town where you can go and get sized today, I would do that. My ring size is 5.5, I rarely ever get rings in my actual ring size because when I stack multiple rings, the size needs to be adjusted accordingly. My e-ring is 5.75 and I usually wear it with two bands that are each a 6. Individually, they are all slightly loose, but together they fit great.

I wish I could go and get sized but not able to due to work. Ok good to know that you size up a half size on your rings. I think I'll wear ering and eternity or wedding band, occassionally all 3 but not often. In the winter, my set is too big and it fits very well in the summer and I think that's why I need to go down a tinge in size. Thank you for help :wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I’d probably go with a 6.75 minimum and have a sizing bead so it’s 6.5. Or maybe even stick with a 7 and do a sizing bead to 6.75. I prefer to have my rings slightly loose because of swelling with heat and whatnot throughout the day. The eternity is such a big commitment I think it’d be a shame to have to sell it at some later point if it got too small.

My mom developed arthritis with age and had to have her rings all sized up, just something to think about.

Thank you @scouty good advice as always! I'll keep that in mind. I wish we had a crystal ball to know how our fingers will change lol!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
WOW @lerna your wedding set is beautiful and absolutely perfect on you! Thank you for updating and helping on the sizing. I'm so glad you are happy - it's a stunning band.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
@lerna your set is gorgeous! This makes me want to reset my ER to a classic solitaire, right now it’s got pave on my band and I think it’s look better without when paired with the dream band!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ok folks we ordered the full dream eternity last night! Size 6.75. Hope I'm making the right size choice! I'm soo excited! Hubby will be giving it to me for our 1 year anniversary in December. Thanks for everyone's help!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Ok folks we ordered the full dream eternity last night! Size 6.75. Hope I'm making the right size choice! I'm soo excited! Hubby will be giving it to me for our 1 year anniversary in December. Thanks for everyone's help!

Very exciting!! I think a full eternity sounds gorgeous!

scouty

Brilliant_Rock

Wooohoo! I feel like I’ve seen you mention wanting this eternity band for a while! Glad you finally decided to bite the bullet. I think you made a wise decision on the size.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!!! Can't wait to see it on you!

lerna

Rough_Rock

Any updates on your ring? Very excited for you!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Any updates on your ring? Very excited for you!

Yes its here!!! Its gorgeous and super sparkly! My concern is that it is not lining up perfectly with my dream ering. 20200928_190211.jpg 20200928_190426.jpg

The eternity is slightly thicker and it's a quarter size smaller! My ering and wedding band match up perfectly 775256 753639
I need to take more pics. Am I being neurotic about the thickness? They are all the Dream ering, wedding band, and eternity. They should all be the same height off the finger? Thank you so much for thinking about me. You're so sweet to remember me. Anxious to hear your thoughts!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
It’s gorgeous! i think it is naturally going to be a bit thicker due to the diamond height. It the diamonds aren’t there they can smooth the metal down faster around the shank. Is that making sense? I still love the look and wow with the platinum band too! Will you keep it or is it bothering you too much?

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @MamaBear I twisted my wedding band and ering and even the part with the diamonds matches the metal on the ering. So if they could do that for my wedding set, why couldn't they do that for the eternity anniversary band? Here are some pics to show what I mean. 20200930_081700.jpg 20200930_081557.jpg 20200930_081554.jpg
I've sent an email to my sales rep to see what she thinks.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I'm wearing a blue shirt today lol!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
And here's the triple! 20200930_082448.jpg 20200930_082352.jpg
I don't think I will wear all three all that often. I am thinner at the bottom of my finger than at the knuckle so it fits a little tighter and the thickness is not as noticeable.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I do see what you mean...I hope you can find a comfortable resolution. Im hoping it’s an easy fix for you!! Keep us posted

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results