shape
carat
color
clarity

Brian Gavin 5 stone wedding band CADS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 7:40:08 PM
Author: Maisie
I think my ering band is maybe just under 3mm. I will try them together but I have a feeling its going to be a bit much lol! Can you imagine me saying such a thing? If they look good together I will wear them together, but if not I will wear one on each hand
30.gif
I think my 5 stone is a bit much with my e-ring as well so I wear it as a RHR too. It looks GREAT there. You are going to be thrilled with the workmanship of your ring I am sure!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
maisie, it''s going to be so lovely. I cannot wait to see it when it''s all done.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Maisie that looks like it''s going to be a beauty! I can''t wait to see hand shots!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 7:45:22 PM
Author: KtIceRN

I think my ering band is maybe just under 3mm. I will try them together but I have a feeling its going to be a bit much lol! Can you imagine me saying such a thing? If they look good together I will wear them together, but if not I will wear one on each hand
30.gif
I think my 5 stone is a bit much with my e-ring as well so I wear it as a RHR too. It looks GREAT there. You are going to be thrilled with the workmanship of your ring I am sure!!

No! Don't say the 5-stone is too much to wear with the e-ring *pouts* I am already dreaming of my 10th - year anniversary ring, to go with my new (5-year anni) e-ring and plain w-band!

Maisie, your 5-stone looks really great!!
36.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
oh maisie!! i LOVE this! is the head going to be platinum or YG also? the way the band tapers is gorgeous - the whole thing is so elegant!

congratulations, girl! i hope it looks as beautiful on your hand as your heart clearly is!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 7:45:22 PM
Author: KtIceRN

30.gif
I am really glad to be going with Lesley and Brian. I know the finished ring is going to be stunning!! I can''t wait for it to get here!!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like it''s going to be beautiful. Their craftsmanship is superb.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 4:29:00 AM
Author: whitby_2773

oh maisie!! i LOVE this! is the head going to be platinum or YG also? the way the band tapers is gorgeous - the whole thing is so elegant!

congratulations, girl! i hope it looks as beautiful on your hand as your heart clearly is!
The band will be yellow gold and I think the prongs in white gold.

You say the sweetest things!!
happy%20hearts.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That is going to be GORGEOUS!!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Maisie. Are you just dying with excitement???? This is going to be so beautiful! Can''t wait to see it on your hand!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
maisie -

i really love this ring, and have been sitting here doing a web search for brian gavin''s work. as i understand it, brian and leslie used to be with whiteflash, but left and started their own business a short time ago, correct? can you pls tell me the name of the business they started? as well as cutting/selling diamonds, they obviously offer a full jewelry service; can you tell me if your new 5 stone ring is one of their designs and, if so, which one? i wasn''t sure whether they were supplying just the stones or the whole ring. i know he developed the ACA diamond, etc, but i''m just a bit confused as to the name of their current company and what services they provide.

also - do you have a website for them? i wish to copy your ring style shamelessly! (if you don''t mind!)

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be perfect with your e-ring Maisie!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2009 11:12:20 AM
maisie -

i really love this ring, and have been sitting here doing a web search for brian gavin''s work. as i understand it, brian and leslie used to be with whiteflash, but left and started their own business a short time ago, correct? can you pls tell me the name of the business they started? as well as cutting/selling diamonds, they obviously offer a full jewelry service; can you tell me if your new 5 stone ring is one of their designs and, if so, which one? i wasn''t sure whether they were supplying just the stones or the whole ring. i know he developed the ACA diamond, etc, but i''m just a bit confused as to the name of their current company and what services they provide.

also - do you have a website for them? i wish to copy your ring style shamelessly! (if you don''t mind!)
Actually whitby...... that ring is my original design. (I''m kind of proud of it too!
2.gif
) I had that ring custom made for myself by Whiteflash last April in platinum for my tenth wedding anniversary. I worked on it with Bob Hoskins for a while before he turned it over to the CAD guys for a rendering. I wanted an open gallery like the Tiffany shared prong rings, and I insisted on the cuff at the end so I would never feel the annoying "pinch" of those last prongs. It came out very comfortable. Brian and Lesley "borrowed" my design and are making Maisie the two tone version.

Do ''ya think I should ask for royalties?
10.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be beautiful! How exciting! I can''t wait to see it!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
maisie -

i really love this ring, and have been sitting here doing a web search for brian gavin's work. as i understand it, brian and leslie used to be with whiteflash, but left and started their own business a short time ago, correct? can you pls tell me the name of the business they started? as well as cutting/selling diamonds, they obviously offer a full jewelry service; can you tell me if your new 5 stone ring is one of their designs and, if so, which one? i wasn't sure whether they were supplying just the stones or the whole ring. i know he developed the ACA diamond, etc, but i'm just a bit confused as to the name of their current company and what services they provide.

also - do you have a website for them? i wish to copy your ring style shamelessly! (if you don't mind!)
Gemgirl is correct. I fell in love with her ring a year ago and promised myself I would have a similar one. The open gallery is pretty standard and the shank is different so no royalties for her lol!
9.gif
9.gif

Brian Gavin and his wife Lesley can be reached here lesley@briangavindiamonds.com

They are in the process of setting up their website. Brian Gavin has got a website which you can find by googling his name or Brian the cutter. I'm not allowed to link you to it because there is a blog attached to it.

They provide a recutting service, also a full jewellery design service, as well as providing beautiful diamonds!

They are amazing people to work with. Lesley is patient and knowledgeable and Brian is so passionate about diamonds. It comes across when you speak to him!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 1:16:27 PM

maisie -

Gemgirl is correct. I fell in love with her ring a year ago and promised myself I would have a similar one. The open gallery is pretty standard and the shank is different so no royalties for her lol!
9.gif
9.gif

Brian Gavin and his wife Lesley can be reached here lesley@briangavindiamonds.com

They are in the process of setting up their website. Brian Gavin has got a website which you can find by googling his name or Brian the cutter. I''m not allowed to link you to it because there is a blog attached to it.

They provide a recutting service, also a full jewellery design service, as well as providing beautiful diamonds!

They are amazing people to work with. Lesley is patient and knowledgeable and Brian is so passionate about diamonds. It comes across when you speak to him!

well, gemgirl and maisie...

would you both be offended or flattered if i got one also? i love the design - just love it - and would be more than willing to steal your hard work if you both didn''t mind. my contribution would probably be to make it a 7 x .25ct stone ring (big fingers need big rings etcetc)

i''m looking at something for Christmas this year and want to match the new gold band my husband had made for me. this would definitely do the trick!!

do i have your blessing?

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 2:10:28 PM

would you both be offended or flattered if i got one also? i love the design - just love it - and would be more than willing to steal your hard work if you both didn''t mind. my contribution would probably be to make it a 7 x .25ct stone ring (big fingers need big rings etcetc)

i''m looking at something for Christmas this year and want to match the new gold band my husband had made for me. this would definitely do the trick!!

do i have your blessing?

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I would love it if you got one too! 7 x .25 is going to be blingdinging!!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW Maisie, your new ring is going to be soooooooooooooo beautiful. I can''t wait to see it.
30.gif
30.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 2:27:06 PM
Author: Linda W
WOW Maisie, your new ring is going to be soooooooooooooo beautiful. I can''t wait to see it.
30.gif
30.gif
I know! Its great so soon after my upgrade!!
36.gif
Didn''t see hubby agreeing but he did!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

maisie -

9.gif
9.gif

They are in the process of setting up their website. Brian Gavin has got a website which you can find by googling his name or Brian the cutter. I''m not allowed to link you to it because there is a blog attached to it.

do i have your blessing?

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
whitby honey, that would be one fabulous ring! Go for it! Just one suggestion though, and I''m not sure this would bother you but it bugged the life out of me. Before I bought my seven stone, I tried on all different size seven stone rings to make sure I wouldn''t feel that pinch of either the stones or the prongs on the ends. The same with my five stone. Before I decided on my diamond size and bought my diamonds, I tried on five stone rings with .2o pointers, .25 pointers, .30s and 35s and I judged that I could get away with a max of five .30 pointers for full finger coverage on my size 6 finger with no between the fingers pinch. Have some fun and try on all the seven stones you see, then order your diamonds and ring from Brian and Lesley.

I was in Fortunoff last Friday and they''re at the tail end of their going out of business sale and they''re starting to put out all of their most expensive things. I tried on a six stone criss-cut type diamond ring that was 3.92 cts. ($48,500) and the damned thing drove me nuts because the end prongs pinched between my fingers. The ring was gorgeous! but I couldn''t wear something that bugged me all day. I tried it on just for giggles, I don''t have that kind of money to spend on jewelry. My girlfriend is a saleslady there and I''ve gotten to try on the most wonderful things!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooo!!!!!!!!!I can''t wait to see it either!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic Maisie... I can''t wait to see it on your finger! it''s going to look absolutely stunning with your ering lovelovelovelovelove
30.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 2:53:13 PM
Author: gemgirl

whitby honey, that would be one fabulous ring! Go for it! Just one suggestion though, and I''m not sure this would bother you but it bugged the life out of me. Before I bought my seven stone, I tried on all different size seven stone rings to make sure I wouldn''t feel that pinch of either the stones or the prongs on the ends. The same with my five stone. Before I decided on my diamond size and bought my diamonds, I tried on five stone rings with .2o pointers, .25 pointers, .30s and 35s and I judged that I could get away with a max of five .30 pointers for full finger coverage on my size 6 finger with no between the fingers pinch. Have some fun and try on all the seven stones you see, then order your diamonds and ring from Brian and Lesley.

I was in Fortunoff last Friday and they''re at the tail end of their going out of business sale and they''re starting to put out all of their most expensive things. I tried on a six stone criss-cut type diamond ring that was 3.92 cts. ($48,500) and the damned thing drove me nuts because the end prongs pinched between my fingers. The ring was gorgeous! but I couldn''t wear something that bugged me all day. I tried it on just for giggles, I don''t have that kind of money to spend on jewelry. My girlfriend is a saleslady there and I''ve gotten to try on the most wonderful things!
I wish I knew someone who works in a posh shop so I could go and try lots of expensive stuff on! Take me with you next time!!

I would love a diamond eternity ring but I worry that I will get rubbing on my neighbouring fingers. That would really annoy me. I never thought it could happen with bigger diamonds in a 5 stone ring. Mind you I am that excited I wouldn''t care if it rubbed. I would just put bandages on my fingers!
9.gif

I''m sure it won''t rub though because my fingers are quite fat and the stones should sit on top anyway.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, i love this ring masie! When do we get to see it????

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

Gemgril- My 5 stone is pretty large and while I feel the sides, they don''t pinch. I''m surprised the ones you tried on did..
I also need to get my butt to Fortunoff and see what I can pick up before they close!

Maisie- when are you getting the ring??

And for the rest of you ladies with the 5 stones- there''s a thread going and some of you still haven''t posted!! tsk tsk.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2009 5:35:14 PM
Author: elle_chris

Gemgril- My 5 stone is pretty large and while I feel the sides, they don''t pinch. I''m surprised the ones you tried on did..
I also need to get my butt to Fortunoff and see what I can pick up before they close!

Maisie- when are you getting the ring??

And for the rest of you ladies with the 5 stones- there''s a thread going and some of you still haven''t posted!! tsk tsk.
As of now, they''ll be open until the end of May, so you have until then to shop the going out of business sale. The thing is though, right now you''d either have to come to the Island or go to Jersey because they''ve already closed the Manhattan store. I don''t know how long the Jersey stores will remain open. I do know for sure that all of the inventory will wind up in the Westbury store as they close the Jersey stores. Everyone said it would never happen, but they''ve included solitaire diamonds, stud earrings and the estate jewelry in the clearance sale.

I gave up wearing anything that was uncomfortable to me, from shoes on up! When I ordered my eternity band years ago, I decided to go with channel set platinum instead of shared prong. Mine is very smooth all around. I don''t feel like I have anything on. For me, that''s a good thing. I don''t even feel the squareness of the channel because my ring is slightly bowed on the outsides. My husband calls me "a detail oriented PITA"!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t realize the one in the city closed..

Any idea where the one in jersey is? Westbury may be closer to me.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am hoping to get the ring before my birthday which is May 6th
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2009 6:00:41 PM
Author: elle_chris
I didn''t realize the one in the city closed..

Any idea where the one in jersey is? Westbury may be closer to me.
Wayne, Woodbridge and Paramus, but none of the stores ever compared to the Westbury store which was considered their main store even when the Manhattan store was open.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gemgirl. Looks like i''m having a roadtrip this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results