shape
carat
color
clarity

brand new to diamond shopping - would love some advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
hello! i just recently found this website and have been glued to my computer ever since! i''ve already learned so much, but i''m feeling a little bit overwhelmed. my boyfriend and i have just started looking into building a custom ring, and i was just wondering what the lovely people here could help me out with...i''m posting a picture of my dream ring (minus the prongs): i love the pave that has an edge around them so it doesn''t look ''bumpy'' (sorry i really don''t know about the correct terminology), and i would love a thin band with pave, i love the proportions of the corners. but i know i''m missing soooo many things in terms of what to look for/what questions to ask/etc. in buying a center stone like this, who to go for settings (i love leon mege but i live in l.a. so was thinking maytal hannah?) sorry if this is too many questions - any input would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much!

dreamring8127.jpg

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
wow that''s so similar, that''s amazing - thank you! i am actually poring over everything on goodoldgold.com right now. i think i do like the asscher, but i think i def have to go out and look at all the different kinds of square diamonds. does anyone else have any other suggestions/comments? i wish i already knew even half of what everybody on this website knows
1.gif

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
I thought this thread could help you https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-so-elated-we-are-engaged.31104/ (I hope its okay to post her thread).

It shows you what an asscher would look like in the sort of setting you like....i keep throwing asscher out there because that is the center stone in Ashley Simpsons ring that you posted.

Also, here another setting that is similar to the style you like but it can accomadate more center stone shapes: http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Tiffany-Inspired-Legacy-Engagement-Ring-Mill-Grain-Edge--1544.html

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think getting out and actually looking at all things square is a great idea! Sometimes what we think we want/love, doesn't turn out to be what we ultimately get. Once you know what type of stone you want, I would suggest purchasing it online. Goodoldgold is known for finding killer Asschers, and they also carry square H&A's. Those are great for getting the look of a square, but the sparkle of a round. Engagementringsdirect is known for cushions, if you decided to go that route.

Maytal seems to do lovely work, and that would be convenient for you. If you just showed her as many pics as possible, and told her what you're after, I'm sure she could do it. I'll post a thread with pics of a ring similar to what you're looking for. One of my absolute favorite rings!
30.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/he-proposed.24433/

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/25/2008 8:22:34 AM
Author: Ellen
I think getting out and actually looking at all things square is a great idea! Sometimes what we think we want/love, doesn''t turn out to be what we ultimately get. Once you know what type of stone you want, I would suggest purchasing it online. GOG is known for finding killer Asschers, and they also carry square H&A''s. Those are great for getting the look of a square, but the sparkle of a round. Engagementringsdirect is known for cushions, if you decided to go that route.

Maytal seems to do lovely work, and that would be convenient for you. If you just showed her as many pics as possible, and told her what you''re after, I''m sure she could do it. I''ll post a thread with pics of a ring similar to what you''re looking for. One of my absolute favorite rings!
30.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/he-proposed.24433/
I remember that ring!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2008 8:24:15 AM
Author: Lorelei

I remember that ring!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Killer.
Uhhuh.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
that ring IS gorgeous!! thank you so much everybody, you don''t know how relieved i am to have found this website...i''ll be needing everyone''s help every step of the way! thanks again!
21.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/25/2008 9:45:16 AM
Author: jjc
that ring IS gorgeous!! thank you so much everybody, you don''t know how relieved i am to have found this website...i''ll be needing everyone''s help every step of the way! thanks again!
21.gif
Just you let us know what help you need and we will do our best!
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2008 9:46:29 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 11/25/2008 9:45:16 AM
Author: jjc
21.gif
Just you let us know what help you need and we will do our best!
35.gif
Yep, what she said!
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results