shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought an odd cartier

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ndkm

Rough_Rock
So I ended up buying the ring I asked about in this thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/like-this-odd-cartier-ring-anyone-seen-anything-similar.38315/

I really, really like it. A big thanks to Coco Ando-Miller from Cartier in Beverly Hills. She was a big help and a crackup to boot. I''m actually excited to take my fiance by to meet her and make sure the sizing is perfect.

Someone said in the other thread they had seen a few like this one in the 5th Ave Cartier, but their computer system definitely said the one I have is the only ring of this style in the country. I guess it''s a new style, it probably won''t be so hard to find in a few months. Although Coco says not many people stray far from the traditional solitaire.

I know Cartier''s not super popular on these boards because it''s often inexplicably expensive...but after a fair bit of looking this is the only ring that was interesting, delicate, and most importantly, subtle. Not that Cartier is the only jewler in the world that could have made this ring, but everything else I saw with a similar idea (of the band wrapping around a three-stone sort of deal) was really chunky and clunky.

Oh, and before I bought it I tested out a wedding band alongside it. While it doesn''t sit perfectly flush, it''s close enough that it doesn''t look weird and likely won''t be uncomfortable.

Anyhoo, my girlfriend and I are going on one of our regular in-town vacations this weekend (at the Chamberlain in West Hollywood) and I''ll probably pop the question after a nice room service breakfast Saturday morning.

Once a again a huge, huge thank you to the folks on this board. It''s such a great place to get help, basic info, and in my case, a lot more confidence in what I was doing (even though I ended up getting something that seemingly a lot of people here aren''t that into). This place is an invaluable resource.

Pictures attached, although they don''t really do it justice (neither do Cartier''s). Photographing a ring like this is hard as hell with a digital point''n''shoot!

P1250021.jpg

ndkm

Rough_Rock
Another pic

P1250023.jpg

ndkm

Rough_Rock
And another...

P1250029.jpg

ndkm

Rough_Rock
And another...

P1250031.jpg

ndkm

Rough_Rock
More more more...

P1250032.jpg

ndkm

Rough_Rock
Last one. Kind of yucky flash.

P1250038.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH MY, it''s fabulous...I just love it and am so glad you decided to go for it and get the real thing. Please come back with hand shots too. Congrats
36.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like it! lots!

movie zombie

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
So georgous!!!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhh, it''s just gorgeous!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you bought it. It truly is an amazing ring. She will love it. Please come back with hand pics!!!!
30.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s absolutely beautiful, ndkm! Congratulations!

And I''m with mrssalvo....I think it''s just great that you got The Real Thing!!

So special!!

widget

PS: Do you have a macro feature on your camera? I''d LOVE to see closer, more detailed shots of that treasure!
3.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I for one think that it is just beautiful, a very tasteful and graceful design. I can''t imagine your girlfriend not loving it.
I wish my husband was as good picking out jewelry!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful ndkm!! I''m happy that you got exactly what you wanted and your girlfriend is sure to love it! Good luck on your proposal and please, please take hand shots when she says yes!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! Definitely make sure to tell her how special not only she is, but the ring is as well....she''s wearing the only one in the country! I''m sure her heart will stop not only when she sees the ring, but when she sees that name on the inside of the box! Your proposal sounds lovely - good luck!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2006 12:00:40 PM
Author:ndkm

I know Cartier''s not super popular on these boards because it''s often inexplicably expensive...[...] but everything else I saw with a similar idea (of the band wrapping around a three-stone sort of deal) was really chunky and clunky.

He, he
2.gif
you said it - sometimes branded goods are ''inexplicably expensive'' - but not this one. It ''explains'' itself very well.

Congratulations for the coice
5.gif
and best of luck with the proposal!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I love that ring. It will look so feminine on her hand. Great job!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s just gorgeous and so unusual. As others have mentioned, I think it''s great that you went for it and bought the actual Cartier ring. I don''t know that this one could be easily replicated. She''s going to love it and be so excited that it''s such a special and exclusive ring! Good luck with the proposal and please come back with hand shots and stories!!!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
That ring is absolutely beautiful!!!! I love the way the sides wrap around.
30.gif
Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
The design is awesome.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool. Good luck with your proposal!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It is lovely, congrats!
36.gif

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
Holy mother of GOD!!

I can honestly say that that is THE MOST beautiful ring I''ve ever seen. That is my idea of the perfect engagement ring. Your girlfriend is very lucky to have a man with such exquisite taste. Congratulations!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. It is EXQUISITE - truly delicious.
Cartier jewelry does have a certain delicacy.
She''s going to love that! (Who wouldn''t?!?!?!)

Can you tell us a little more about it?
Center stone weight? Specs?
Pave weight?

Good work!
Scintillating...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That ring is so pretty and unique (probably just like your girlfriend). There is something special about a Cartier. Good luck with your proposal and please post hand shots of the ring on her hand and tell us all the specs.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow
3.gif

cartier really knows how to do a ring! it''s beautiful! congratulations!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh that is gorgeous - and I usually like more sleek rings. If your girlfriend doesn''t like it, there are plenty of us here that would be willing to take it off your hands!
31.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
wow! it''s piece of Art !congratulations!
36.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
that is a beautiful, beautiful ring.

I have to admit, there is nothing like the real thing in terms of the setting. A diamond may be a diamond, but a Cartier ring is...yeah.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! A Cartier ring and the only one like it in the country - I''d say that''s pretty special! There is a certain beauty about a name brand piece that you just don''t get with anything else. I have a couple name brand pieces - and they were worth every penny to me. The craftsmanship is unmistakable - they''ve been doing it right for many years!

Congrats - let us know how the proposal goes. I''m sure she will be thrilled!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results