shape
carat
color
clarity

bought a small ruby from Gene

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful ruby! I have a serious soft spot for rubies, and yours is just gorgeous! I can''t wait to see it set.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ruby. I too think that a bezel would take away from it''s shape. And yellow gold is the way to go.

Good Luck and have fun with this project!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Ruby and love the shape!!! Totally agree with Chrono! High Karat
36.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2010 3:49:24 PM
Author: haagen_dazs
Wow

Between the time he launched the ruby on his website to him cutting and shipping you the new ruby, that must have been less than 1-2 weeks.

He cuts fast!

=)

I wonder if he has any more of this baringo material left

haha

Date: 1/29/2010 1:28:07 AM

Author: crasru

Date: 1/29/2010 1:23:03 AM

Date: 1/28/2010 11:49:25 PM

Here comes the baby

nice nice

it looks like the 0.38 ct. lake baringo ruby he listed recently..

No it was not me. When I saw that the 0.38 ct one was sold I got in touch with Gene and barraged him with questions, reminders and pleadings till he cut me another one. This one is 5.38 mm. in diameter and from Gene''s description I understand that it was very hard to cut since he did not have much material left. I usually prefer larger stones, and redder rubies, but for some reason, I liked this baby the moment I saw it.

With my pictures, though...I tried so hard to avoid ''bright tweezers'' effect that I inadvertently made pictures too dark. Sorry.

Oh, but you should have seen how I pestered him! I saw this ruby; wanted a small one. At the time when we were talking the ruby got sold. Then Gene mentioned having some material left but warned that the material was difficult to cut. I begged and begged him; got very anxious to get it before the gem show and Gene, bless his soul, cut it out in a very short time. I really like the color, it is bright and funny.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
very nice
but if he only has a little material left, how in the world did he cut you a 0.8ct ruby?
and only sold a 0.38ct online?
0.8ct (from your previous post) isn't exactly small. its almost near 1 ct.

Date: 1/29/2010 12:00:28 AM
Gene did a very good work with cutting a small 0.8 ct ruby out of a tiny piece of material, but the ruby is small.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh you may ask him. I was just after the 0.38 first but while we were discussing it via e-mails it was sold. Gene did not realize that I was not the person that was purchasing the ruby. I asked him if he had any other material left and he said, he could try although the pieces were very small and it was difficult to cut them. They were all twisted but he said he was going to do his best.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2010 8:51:02 PM
very nice

but if he only has a little material left, how in the world did he cut you a 0.8ct ruby?

and only sold a 0.38ct online?

0.8ct (from your previous post) isn''t exactly small. its almost near 1 ct.

Date: 1/29/2010 12:00:28 AM

BTW there is a big ruby on his website for sale. If not already sold. I can not answer for Gene but I assume that you have "scrapings" of material after you cut something out. To some people it is of no use. Others, like Gene, can use it "till the last drop". That''s what a good cutter is. I wish Gene were the person cutting my alexandrite...

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet little stone. I have set a couple of Gene stones, and you just can''t bring yourself to bezel his rocks. The shapes are too interesting to cover that way. I put my Mahenge spinel in an LOGR Link, even though those aren''t really my favorite style. But it does enhance the stone and the cut quite well. And, I agree, rubies are meant to be in higher carat yellow gold.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results