shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW BN upgrade with IDJ reset

po720

Rough_Rock
I am posting from my phone out of excitement and want to first and foremost thank every PS'er that helped and contributed along the way, as well as those who may have no idea who I am but contributed such a wealth of information to PS that I am just as grateful for your time and effort. I am sure I will have to edit this to add names but AC, who found my new stone, you have a place in my heart and on my hand forever :) Mrs. B for all of your suggestions and gorgeous ref pics, Diamondseeker, Queenie, pintobean for your invaluable analysis and advice on the number of choices and msop, teobdl and blue lotus for helping narrow down the choice to the winning stone:
2.62 I VS1
8.94 x 8.99 x 5.38 mm
58, 60, 33.5, 40.8
Set in my original Gabriel setting by the most thoughtful and candid jeweler I've ever come across - and thank you again PS for referring me to - Yekutiel at IDJ. He made a miracle happen and with a turn around that left me shocked (of course in the best way!) to have to return so quickly! Run, don't walk, to IDJ the next time you have some shopping to do ;-)

So here is the before of the new stone and final product, regular phone pics until I figure out how to do anything fancier...

_5887.jpeg

_5888.jpeg

_5889.jpeg

_5890.jpeg

po720

Rough_Rock
One more with my new side view and edited to add that the prongs are pristine... No lumps!!

_5891.jpeg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhhhh Po I'm really SO happy that it all worked out for you!!! I love the way the ring came out!! :love: :love: :love: The stone looks PHENOMENAL and HUGE on you!!! And Yekutiel really did a beautiful job accommodating the stone into your existing setting and omg those double claw prongs are just tdf :lickout: He really is a gem!! More pics, more pics!!! :appl: :appl:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful and classic. :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty! Congratulations!!!!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful! We'll need a hundred more photos to be sure - lol!

Stunning - enjoy!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww that is beautiful! rocks that shine.. so happy for you.. beautiful..

:appl: :appl: :wavey: :wavey: :love: :love: :love: :drool: :drool:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That's a handful of bling! :love: :love: Very pretty rings! Enjoy your beautiful upgrade!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The profile is perfect with your wedding band. Love the detailing.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your set is lovely! :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Po!! How gorgeous!! :love:

It looks wonderful and huge and sparkly and white! Great choice - and well done, too, ac117! :appl:

Congratulations on your new sparkly, Po - wear for many years in joy and good health. :) :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful and sparkly set! It looks like a bunch of stars is resting on your hand. Beautiful!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful upgrade!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring!! Congrats!

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
Handful of bling, beautiful bling!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Beautiful bling! :love: Your rings look so lovely on you! :appl: Congrats! :clap:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness :love: :love: :love: let me tell you - your ring has made me a convert to 4 double prongs! I have always been fearful of 4 prongs making a round diamond looking "squared off", but the way the prongs hug the diamond - hot dang! I'm in love! :love: :love: :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it looks AMAZING. And they were able to use your old setting! That's fantastic!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous diamond and that IS amazing that IDJ could adapt your setting! :appl: :love:

lizzardxoxo

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!!!! So happy it all worked out!! :clap:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a super blingy set and a fabulous upgrade! :love: :love: :love: Enjoy in good health!

po720

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much!!! I owe every single part of the decision making process in this upgrade to PS and to share this with you all is just such a treat. If it were not for Mrs. B and AC I would have initially picked a subpar ~2ct i si1 stone and instead got a super bright 9mm vs1 for not much more :)! And for those who gently encouraged me to go with Blue Nile and IDJ for the setting over a family friend - thank you! Sometimes you just need a nudge to keep your head on straight when you're making such a huge move.

AC, I just have to say again, you really picked the most biggest and highest clarity stone I could have ever imagined, thank you thank you thank you!!

PintoBean and Gypsy and DS: Thank you for all of your input along the way, especially about the setting! I am obsessed with the new prongs. I had invested so much time into learning about picking a stone that I didn't realize the setting requires a whole new breadth of knowledge! The whole experience at IDJ was surreal because I went in not knowing if we would even be able to accommodate the larger stone. When Yekutiel saw the measurements of the new stone, he kind of made a face like "I don't know if we can fit this thing in here..." grabbed a book, asked me what kind of prongs I would like, made a call and grabbed my stone, ering setting and band and said "I'll be back in 5 minutes." I just handed over the single most expensive thing I own to a man I spoke to for maybe 10 minutes and took a deep breath, drank some water and asked to see some 3 and 4ct studs lol... when he came back he told me i was going to be very happy and that was it, I left with just the peace of mind that he said he could do it and he is amazing at what he does. I didn't realize HOW flawless his work would be! The prongs ARE delish!!!

We got away to the beach for the weekend and I took the bling with to check out that medium blue fluor ;-)

img_12728.jpg

img_12729.jpg

img_12730.jpg

img_12731.jpg

po720

Rough_Rock
Thank you LLJsmom! Your solitaire is an inspiration :) Thank you lizzard! I can't wait to see yours!! Thank you so much rockinruby, downsy, poshmommy, bright ice, acinom, tyty, minousbijoux, bonfire, tekate, missgotrocks, luv2sparkle and lambskin for the lovely comments and well wishes. All of your contributions to PS across the many topics provided invaluable help throughout the process and I am so appreciative of the community you have built. :appl: :appl: :wavey:

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is some real bling!
Love your new diamond :appl:
Beautiful and well done!
Congrats!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's so beautiful!!! wow..

love it!!

:wavey: :love: :love:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new stone is gorgeous! Isn't it extra special when you can re-use your existing setting? It really goes to show which vendors will go above and beyond for their customers!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results