shape
carat
color
clarity

Blueroses posting again

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw your post on Allycat's accident thread and thought... YES!!!! BLUE IS BACK.

But well, given the subject matter of the thread, I was otherwise concerned.

SO happy you are back!! I've missed you!

Best of luck to you on your shows, the boy, and unloading the dress (consignment shop is my advice). And I'll keep looking for you.
35.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gypsy!!!

Yep, I popped back last month. I wasn't ready for a while--I think my first post back was in another thread, but...needed time away.

It is so great to see all of these old "faces" and I feel bad for not naming each and every one by name (I remember scrolling through replies and I used to write down all the people I had to be sure to mention in some regard.)

Love this place.
xoxo

TG, you crack me up--dat's right!!

Oh, and Gypsy, p.s......I think I'm keeping the dress!! I just can't imagine finding one I love as much as this one--color, fit, price, style--and the thing is, I really don't associate it with the ex. I mean, of course I can't really know that until if/when I get engaged again and deal with the dress again, but in the last two years when I have seen pictures of the dress, it doesn't make me sad and think of him. It's like, it's *my* dress, it wasn't about that relationship. Does that make sense? So we'll see. It is verrrrry pretty :)
5.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 5:52:20 PM
Author: blueroses
p.s. I had spent part of New Year''s Eve day helping pack up boxes with my dear friend who''s going through a divorce....and took back the wedding dress that''s been living in her guest closet for two years. So--it was in my car the next day when I met up with him! So ridiculous, I mean, come on! Doesn''t *everyone* go to a first date with a wedding dress in their car? Sheesh.
38.gif
38.gif
2.gif
Well there''s a story for the rehearsal dinner
2.gif

What a similar situation. I also bought a champagne dress off the rack, in my size, at a huge discount. You know how my old relationship ended. I keep the dress in its bag in my parent''s spare closet. I don''t associate my wedding dress with him, our relationship, or those sad times at all. It is MY dress that suites MY complexion and MY body and it was meant to help ME look stunning on my special day. I hope you will see your dress in the same way.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I''ve missed all the exciting old-timers updates with all of the holiday craziness, but..

blueroses- woohoo on your new man! He sounds like a catch, PLUS five years younger? daaaamn girl. keep us updated!

lovey- I, too, still adore your famous ring
1.gif
congrats on the impending arrival of your new addition; so exciting! don''t be a stranger, we miss you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 5:58:31 PM
Hi Gypsy!!!

Yep, I popped back last month. I wasn't ready for a while--I think my first post back was in another thread, but...needed time away.

It is so great to see all of these old 'faces' and I feel bad for not naming each and every one by name (I remember scrolling through replies and I used to write down all the people I had to be sure to mention in some regard.)

Love this place.
xoxo

TG, you crack me up--dat's right!!

Oh, and Gypsy, p.s......I think I'm keeping the dress!! I just can't imagine finding one I love as much as this one--color, fit, price, style--and the thing is, I really don't associate it with the ex. I mean, of course I can't really know that until if/when I get engaged again and deal with the dress again, but in the last two years when I have seen pictures of the dress, it doesn't make me sad and think of him. It's like, it's *my* dress, it wasn't about that relationship. Does that make sense? So we'll see. It is verrrrry pretty :)
5.gif

I've been MIA in spurts myself, and it's always so good to be 'home'... it's like Cheers.

Good for you on the dress!!It totally makes sense and It IS very lovely. I have three in the closet if that one doesn't work out for you, gimme a holler. LOL.
2.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Out of curiosity, what does the rest of the dress look like?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Starset, what''s the latest in your world? We had such parallel journeys there. What did you do with the old ring? I hope you are happy and well--your signature line makes me think things are good indeed! (I''m sure thinking they are GOOD here!!!)

Ok, so here are a couple pics of the dress--one is the catalog photo, then a couple of me:

demdress1.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Ok, no one freak out, I am NOT engaged, I am NOT getting married. Yet.

But this is the dress that I thankfully associate not at all with my ex. (I did include one of me in the dressing room looking off.....now, I''m sorry, was THAT the face of a happy bride? Nyi don''t think so.)

So here are a few shots.

Oh, and the boy? I am totally, completely head over heels. Woohoo!

demdress2.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wooo, you look FAB in that dress!!! Great to see you back; I always enjoyed your posts!!! Love your happy go lucky attitude!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Skippy! It''s nice to feel happy-go-lucky....because it''s been a long, long time coming.

:)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow! What a gorgeous dress! Absolutely elegant and the color is wonderful on you! Good for you for having the dress be YOURS for whenever you get married!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Blue, the dress is gorgeous and your new-relationship giddiness makes me grin from ear to ear! SO happy for you!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blueroses, that dress rocks on you! So happy to hear about the new boy - sounds swoonable!

My DH is almost 4 years younger than me, and has yet to hit 30(I'm 33) and he never lets me forget it! This is the year I get my revenge!
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you decided to keep *your* dress..it''s perfect on you...seriously..AND, congrats on the new boy...sending dust your way!! pop back in when you can, we miss you!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
This dress is sooooo fabulous. It looks amazing on you. So happy to hear you have a new love, that''s awesome. All my best to you BR, you are one poster that I have truly missed. HUGS!!!!
35.gif
Lisa

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I can understand how that dress is "yours". It looks devine on you. Perfect color, shape - eveything!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi Blueroses!

I missed all of your first postings since *your return*! Honey, what I want to hear about is this new man! But you are right to be cautious (and no one is going to fault you for that). Life will bring you good things (and a good man). You sound busy and happy, rhat's all that matters to me. As for the dress....it's YOUR dress. If you love it and felt like "this is the dress I will wear on my wedding day" then it IS the dress you will wear on your wedding day.

And you totally rock it too. That really doesn't harm any at all
35.gif

Thank you thinking of me. I read your posts and it was such a comfort. Some of those nights in the hospital, it was so sad your kind words were like a hug. You are a jewel. Keep checking back with us.

Ally

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 7:26:53 PM
Starset, what''s the latest in your world? We had such parallel journeys there. What did you do with the old ring? I hope you are happy and well--your signature line makes me think things are good indeed! (I''m sure thinking they are GOOD here!!!)
It''s in my Mom''s jewelry box. My dress is in my Dad''s closet. Actually my Mom has the pearl necklace and earrings that go with the dress, too. It''s like a start-up wedding kit in my parents house. Insert groom . Things are good. We''ll have to catch up!

emnote.gif
Amanda has a boyfriend...Amanda has a boyfriend...
emnote.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Your little song/chant made me laugh, Erin....and it''s TRUE!! HA!!!

I love it--a DIY Bride kit, 100% all natural bride, just add groom!

I am a smitten kitten. It is nice, indeed.

You moved out of IL, right? It has been a long time--and I never got your e-mail back when we had pm-ing, alas.

So glad Ally is improving!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That dress is beautiful and SPECTACULAR on you - welcome back
9.gif
9.gif

Glad things are going well with the new boy
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results