shape
carat
color
clarity

Blueroses posting again

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
DID ANYONE SEEEEEE??????????????????

over in LIW! YEA!!!! I am so relieved I was very worried. I don't think she is planning on hanging around, just giving us an update. I know many have wondered about her, just nice to know she is around.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
*BLIND* I can''t find the post

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t find it either??

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe the kindness and interest from so many people wondering about me over the last couple of years....thank you! I am sorry that I disappeared, but I had to take a sanity break from all things engagement/bling-y.

But....It''s so strange that right when I pop back on is the horrible news about Allycat''s accident. Keeping her in my heart and prayers right now.

I won''t be as active anymore, but I will keep popping back--this is such a great community. Thanks, gals.

16.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Blue,

I missed you too!
35.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ohhh my, blueroses! How often we've all thought about you, though I certainly understand why you felt you needed a good long break from this place. I'm glad to hear that you're doing so well, even though it's not quite where you though you would end up. We've missed you
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey BLUE!!!!!

I read your update over on the other thread and you sound like you are doing well. I totally understand you needing the break but just wanted you to know how much we missed you. Please do pop by and say hi every now and then
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2008 12:22:52 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Hey BLUE!!!!!

I read your update over on the other thread and you sound like you are doing well. I totally understand you needing the break but just wanted you to know how much we missed you. Please do pop by and say hi every now and then
35.gif
Ditto. Great to see you here again. I know we all missed you a lot. Hoping to see you post when you can!!
35.gif
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I missed all of you gals a lot too!! I''m in the midst of a pretty big (8 shows a week) Christmas Carol production right now, so I''m mostly just popping back to check in news of Ally right now. Praying hard for her.

Will post more soon....need to post my mom''s anniversary pendant pics! I''m still loving my RHR to death, but no new pics recently. Really did miss you all!!!
xoxo

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back BLUE!!! We have missed you so much!! I saw the pics of your new niece, she is GORGEOUS!!!!
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome back blue, I also missed you!!!
35.gif

Linda

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Blue, I was so excited to see you post and I came to PS after you''d already left...still, I went back through every single one of your posts and was truly inspired. I was in a similar boat (dated for many years, lived together for many years, got tired of wating, lots of back and forth about marriage, I finally left, he proposed, it fell apart, I moved 1,500 miles away, changed my number, no contact for several months, he got therapy, proposed again and we finally married) and I just felt that you were so strong and handled yourself so well. I know you will be absolutely FINE no matter what and can''t wait to hear what your future holds!

Good luck with the Christmas Carol production!!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Blue, I am SO glad that you came back to tell us how you are! I really missed you and worried about you, since I figured your silence meant that things had not gone as planned. But you sound fantastic and I am very happy for you! Take care of yourself and please do come back every now and then!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Hello you great big blue dirty dancing poodle. I missed you!!!!!!!!

So great to see all the ladies. I did not know that alleycat had an accident. Is she ok? I need to find that thread.

xox
lovey

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2008 10:00:08 PM
Author: lovey
Hello you great big blue dirty dancing poodle. I missed you!!!!!!!!

So great to see all the ladies. I did not know that alleycat had an accident. Is she ok? I need to find that thread.

xox

lovey

lovey, it''s the one of the sticky''s on the top of this forum titled "accident." it was bad, but she does seem to be coming along and recovering.

I wanted to say hi to you too
35.gif

first blue, then I see widget posting and now you...almost feels like the PS of the old days.
16.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
lovey!!!!
35.gif
Where have you been??? How are you? How''s married life? How is your stunning ring?! Missed you! I know this is blueroses thread, sorry to hijack! Blue, it''s great to see you back here too!
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies!! It's like reunion time! (Curly, you can hijack my thread anytime--for Lovey or anyone else!!)

Sorry I've been largely silent since popping back--I've been keeping up with Ally's condition (hooray for her recovery!!!) but mostly am just so busy. That's really what's been the saving grace of my getting through/over things the last couple years is that I've been working so much--finally got a real foothold in San Diego theatre, teaching, work is fulfilling...so I plain old don't have time to be on here the way I was. But every time I look at my deco RHR (of which there is much blingy eye candy diamond **** on this very site) I think about PS.

Thanks for sharing your story, NewEngland! :)

I'm venturing out into the rain to Christmas shop, but hope all are well...happy Winter, more soon!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, Lovey is back, too!!!!!!
9.gif

BR, so good to see you''re doing well, dear . . . It feels almost like the old days around here, today!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Seriously!! Get Croi, Starset, and a few others in here and we''d be partying like it''s 2004!

:)

So I just had to post this b/c it''s a mite ironic/sad/funny. So....in the five minutes I was engaged, one of my best friends took me dress-shopping. I''m pretty sure I posted about it, but not the outcome. I found a dress--the first one I tried on. I tried on four dresses, including my mom''s 1968 dress--which was really the only competition! It''s Demetrio''s, from a trunk show, so already in my size/color/off the rack, from the current year and over 1/2 off...I think we got it for$599? It''s like a beigy-champagne which worked on my albino-esque pallor. Anyway, we went back and got it (with my mom, sister, older nephew, and another friend/BM) 4 days later. It went to live in that latter friend''s house so it wouldn''t stick around with the ex-FI around. Welll.....we broke up, of course, so my dress kept living in her guest room closet. I''d go up to see her and her husband for dinner...and to "visit my dress." And I think I had a sense in my gut about things even when I BOUGHT the dress, so I somehow don''t associate it with him--it''s just MINE, you know? BUT. Now this sweet wonderful friend is getting a divorce after only four years of marriage...her butthead of a husband practically woke up one day and didn''t want to be married anymore. SO the issue is:

1) My dress (for if/when/years from now) has to find a new home
2) Is the dress cursed? Did it doom her marriage?? (The dress had been living in that guest room closet next to HER wedding dress, so....)
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

Anyway. I can post some full pics of it another time, but this was just me being cheeky in the salon next to the "no photos" sign. (The gal helping us let us take a ton, actually.) So silly.

2006dress.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Blue!

Croi stops by from time to time. I think she was the only PSer I PMed with before it went bye bye.

Glad to hear you are well even though things didn''t turn out the way you had hoped. From the pic, I can certainly say you are a beautiful woman who only deserves the best!

Freaky story about the dress, btw.

Lovey, nice to see you too. Your ring is still one of my PS faves!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow, I''m so glad that allycat is doing well.

Blueroses - Are you playing Belle..Kate..Mrs Cratchit? I love holiday shows - We just got tickets to see the Nutcracker ballet.
Btw I''m loving the gown. So sad that it is homeless. Get a gown bag and stick it in your closet?

Mrs. Salvo and LaurenthePartier - heeellllllo! Thanks for the shout out. I''d almost forgotten how much I heart the PS community.

Curlygirl- who are those cuties in your avatar? :) Married life is good! We are living in NYC and expecting our first (and last) baby in July. After we got married, I went back to school for another degree and didn''t have much time to post on PS. It''s good to be back! I missed everyone. :)

TravelingGal - thanks! I can''t believe you even remember my ring.. how nice!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Lovey!!

I always loved your ring. There is a preggo thread here in Family Home and Health in case you didn''t know. Congrats on your pregnancy, it''s been a PS baby boom here for sure. Great to see you posting again...
35.gif
Lisa

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Happy almost New Year, my friends. I went MIA again, and probably will again with my rehearsal schedule. Miss you.

Lovey, I was Christmas Past, Martha Cratchit, and some others. Such fun--we closed Sunday.

Hugs and kisses to all.

I think I met someone--or rather, I''ve known this guy for a good year and a half, but....I dunno, we''ll see. I think there might be something brewing. Excited for new things in a new year!!

HAPPY 2009!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovey- congrats on your pregnancy.

blue- just a note about the dress. I don''t think it''s cursed and if you love your dress, get a nice bag and keep it stored. My sister was engaged and my grandmother bought her her wedding dress. It was my sister''s dream dress. Well, she and her FI broke up and my sister tucked the dress away. Fastforward a few years, new guy and a proposal. My sister went dress shopping again but still loved the first, already paid for, gorgeous dress. She talked to her FI and told him (he knew her ex) and he was totally fine with her wearing it. So she did. They have been married 4 years and have an 8 month old and are doing great. If you want to get another dress when the time comes than do it, but I don''t think dresses or diamonds etc. are cursed, just pre-loved
2.gif
you look gorgeous in it too by the way!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Hey Blueroses!
35.gif
A lot of us wondered about you when you stopped posting. I''m glad to hear things are going well for you, I wish you nothing but the best.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hi friends,

Again, I so appreciate all the warm fuzzies and good wishes. Maybe there is something to Ally's theory about PS being good luck--I wanted to post an update after my message from New Year's Eve day last week...

...so, I think I have a new boyfriend. It's totally crazy and is a whirlwind, but I've been through enough to be cautious. But it's kind of amazing. I've known him peripherally from work for around a year and a half. He saw my show closing day just under 2 weeks ago, we started e-mailing like wildfire and had a date on New Year's Day that turned into a 15 hour marathon and we've been talking and seeing each other pretty much ever since. Turns out he has had a huge crush on me the whole time we've known each other, though I never knew that. He's 5 1/2 years younger (!) and this amazing, romantic, smart, funny dude. He's a cancer survivor--just this year--so he's incredibly mature and wise for 29. Great communicator. He's kind of the antithesis of what I'm usually drawn to and not at all my "type" which I think is a good thing, as those of you with me at the end of my long 10+ year roller coaster can attest. He's not a super-model, but he's cute. But it feels scarily easy and right. And he makes me laugh. So...we'll see. It's been two years since I've been in a relationship, and I only just within maybe the last year kind of got ok with MYSELF and content with where I am, so of course I have flashes of being scared. But I think it's good. Don't hold your breath for me over on LIW, but....it's nice to be happy and not feel fraught all the time about a boy.

So there you go. News as it happens. Miss you guys, but my schedule is nuts. Two more consecutive shows, so finally in April I will have gone 3 shows in a row (which will even out to Oct-Apr) without a break. So I'm sorry to not hang out here so much.

Anyway...hugs to ALL, and Lovey, keep us posted on BABY news!!

2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 5:48:25 PM
Author: blueroses
Hi friends,

Again, I so appreciate all the warm fuzzies and good wishes. Maybe there is something to Ally''s theory about PS being good luck--I wanted to post an update after my message from New Year''s Eve day last week...

...so, I think I have a new boyfriend. It''s totally crazy and is a whirlwind, but I''ve been through enough to be cautious. But it''s kind of amazing. I''ve known him peripherally from work for around a year and a half. He saw my show closing day just under 2 weeks ago, we started e-mailing like wildfire and had a date on New Year''s Day that turned into a 15 hour marathon and we''ve been talking and seeing each other pretty much ever since. Turns out he has had a huge crush on me the whole time we''ve known each other, though I never knew that. He''s 5 1/2 years younger (!) and this amazing, romantic, smart, funny dude. He''s a cancer survivor--just this year--so he''s incredibly mature and wise for 29. Great communicator. He''s kind of the antithesis of what I''m usually drawn to and not at all my ''type'' which I think is a good thing, as those of you with me at the end of my long 10+ year roller coaster can attest. He''s not a super-model, but he''s cute. But it feels scarily easy and right. And he makes me laugh. So...we''ll see. It''s been two years since I''ve been in a relationship, and I only just within maybe the last year kind of got ok with MYSELF and content with where I am, so of course I have flashes of being scared. But I think it''s good. Don''t hold your breath for me over on LIW, but....it''s nice to be happy and not feel fraught all the time about a boy.

So there you go. News as it happens. Miss you guys, but my schedule is nuts. Two more consecutive shows, so finally in April I will have gone 3 shows in a row (which will even out to Oct-Apr) without a break. So I''m sorry to not hang out here so much.

Anyway...hugs to ALL, and Lovey, keep us posted on BABY news!!

2.gif
Woo hoo...now dats what Ima talkin about!!

I wish you all the happiness! And a bit of PS dust your way just because.
1.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
p.s. I had spent part of New Year''s Eve day helping pack up boxes with my dear friend who''s going through a divorce....and took back the wedding dress that''s been living in her guest closet for two years. So--it was in my car the next day when I met up with him! So ridiculous, I mean, come on! Doesn''t *everyone* go to a first date with a wedding dress in their car? Sheesh.
38.gif
38.gif
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results