shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue zircon vs. blue topaz?

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You might try looking on Loupe Troop. @Desertrose is selling off some things now, including a nice oval violet spinel. You might also look at CDGemstone Etsy shop. I think she may have something the right color for you.

Quartz has a Mohs of 7 and a lot of house dust is basically quartz. You might find that facet abrasions are not that big of a deal.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
Totally zircon. They are much better sparkler, better color, and only heated as opposed to radiated topaz. You can even find light blue-green OZ zircon in unheated state. But Cambodian zircons are terrific.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Howdy y'all - I appreciate all of your suggestions so far.
That Jeff Davies' zircon shown by 2Neezers is gorgeous - I keep looking at it, again and again. However, I believe I am going to go with a lab-created blue spinel and have reached out to a couple of cutters to see what they can offer. I'm just too afraid I would ruin a nice $800+ zircon with an everyday-wear ring. I'm not particularly soft with my hands and don't want to have to worry about damaging a stone. I have posted over on the Fashion Jewelry sub-forum for pictures, but have only received a few responses so far. I will keep y'all informed of how things turn out and post pictures (somewhere) of what I end up doing.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy y'all - I appreciate all of your suggestions so far.
That Jeff Davies' zircon shown by 2Neezers is gorgeous - I keep looking at it, again and again. However, I believe I am going to go with a lab-created blue spinel and have reached out to a couple of cutters to see what they can offer. I'm just too afraid I would ruin a nice $800+ zircon with an everyday-wear ring. I'm not particularly soft with my hands and don't want to have to worry about damaging a stone. I have posted over on the Fashion Jewelry sub-forum for pictures, but have only received a few responses so far. I will keep y'all informed of how things turn out and post pictures (somewhere) of what I end up doing.
Jeff Davies recently started a new Facebook auction page and the zircon you like is up for auction at a much lower price than originally listed! I’m not sure if you are still considering zircon, but thought I’d pass it on in case you are :).
The auction page is called Jeff Davies & Friends Fine Gemstone Auctions and it’s a closed group so you just have send a request to join.
9F8E6AC7-74A0-4119-B786-038372C627DB.jpeg

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
@2Neezers - Thanks, but I've decided that I'm going to have to go with a much smaller stone and one in an emerald cut in order to get the look I want. I will keep an eye on his auctions, though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results