Barry Bridgestock
Baguette
1.9ct

Silver topaz
Barry Bridgestock
Supernova
7.41ct
10.2x12.2

Silver setting, custom made by Silver Owl in Albuquerque NM.

All of the pictures of the two rings were taken on my phone. I can't locate my camera cords, BUT as soon as I do, more pics!

Edit: fixing spacing.

_3553.jpg

_3554.jpg

_3555.jpg

big_blue2.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pics!

big_blue3.jpg

big_blue4.jpg

big_blue5.jpg

big_blue8.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Guest star: Nambian tourmaline, also from Barry.

Not necessarily fair to pair these two for pics, as the eye is just automatically drawn to the tourmaline, but I love them both very much, and was admiring them both in the sun... (Yes, the camera is doing crazy stuff!)

big_blue9.jpg

big_blue10.jpg

big_blue11.jpg

big_blue12.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
More normal lighting...but the spinel isn't this dark!

big_blue13.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS.....Big Blue looks so amazing!!!!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
You found your sapphire band!

Lori

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sapphire time!

sapph_fluor.jpg

sapph_nat.jpg

sapph_nat2.jpg

sapph_nat3.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sapphire with a guest star by Big Blue - both stones are color shifters, looking remarkably different in natural lighting, but quite similar color under fluorescent lighting.

_3556.jpg

_3557.jpg

_3558.jpg

_3559.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to admit, the sapphire is a touch darker in real life than in these pictures. Sometimes when the lighting is just right, it's the most beautiful violet-y color, but it can't be captured by the camera on my phone. I hope to try with my cameras when I find the cords!

_3560.jpg

sapphire6.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The necklace. The largest stone was my very first colored stone - I started out the WRONG way, let me tell you! BIG at 7.41cts, cut beautifully by Barry Bridgestock, and cheap! I was instantly spoiled.

Anyway, I set these stones with funds started in a piggy bank given to me by my brother when I was a baby. He passed away when I was 2. My mom continued to add to the piggy bank, and then I did too when I was old enough. I wanted something I could pass down.

wedding_necklace.jpg

wedding_necklace2.jpg

wedding_necklace3.jpg

wedding_necklace4.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Barry cut the 4.45ct topaz for me to go with the 7.41ct. I was going to put them by themselves for a long time, and then my jeweler convinced me to add the baguette when we were playing with my stones and design ideas one day.

Hope you enjoyed!

wedding_necklace5.jpg

wedding_necklace6.jpg

freke_wedding_necklace.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Re: Blue Spinel, Blue Sapphire & an Oldie

Amazing! I completely love each piece. The story of the wedding necklace made me misty eyed. What a wonderful piece to be able to hand down someday.

I love Big Blue's new look. Also I'm completely taken with your baguette band - could you share where you got it?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new setting for big blue is well suited and classic. Hmmm....I'm seeing a trend here. All round stones of about the same size. :cheeky:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
My eyes melted from all the gorgeous sparklies. Big Blue looks amazing. I also lust for the sapphire & Namibian tourm. You do smart buying, Freke. Yum yum yum!! Thanks for sharing!

--- Laurie

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1360145466|3373432 said:
Amazing! I completely love each piece. The story of the wedding necklace made me misty eyed. What a wonderful piece to be able to hand down someday.

I love Big Blue's new look. Also I'm completely taken with your baguette band - could you share where you got it?
Yeah, I really hope my daughter appreciates it some day. Plus its 13.76ctw!

eBay. It was custom made by someone in NYC. I lucked the heck out, because it's amazing, and I didn't have to get it made! I'm sorry I don't have more information to give you!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1360148748|3373445 said:
The new setting for big blue is well suited and classic. Hmmm....I'm seeing a trend here. All round stones of about the same size. :cheeky:
Lol. Round, same size, similar color...classic setting styles.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1360156029|3373471 said:
My eyes melted from all the gorgeous sparklies. Big Blue looks amazing. I also lust for the sapphire & Namibian tourm. You do smart buying, Freke. Yum yum yum!! Thanks for sharing!

--- Laurie
Thanks Laurie! I'm trying my hardest to stop buying willy nilly and buy with more purpose. I wish I knew where my camera cords were...

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
That blue spinel is stunning and I love the way the cut looks in your pictures. Such pure, geometric beauty. ((swoons))

Thanks so much for sharing.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I love all of these pieces! But that's not surprising because I love everything you have!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I love them all, but that Namibian tourmaline... :love: :love: ...it's like stepping into facets of warm Caribbean waters!!

Great job on all the new additions, I love the color on Big Blue, so rich and majestic with awesome cutting.

And what a wonderful pic of you and your hubby! :))

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, those pictures are giving me heart palpitations! This is is what my dream rings are made of! Gorgeous.

( You see, I need a spinel or sapphire to set into my original ering setting, much like the setting of your sapphire. You see, my 5th anny band has lovely blue sapphires. I reset the diamond from the ering into white gold, and now the original yellow setting is sadly waiting for it's replacement, for nearly four years! I 'just' have to find the right stone to compliment the band.)

Did I mention your rings and necklace are beautiful?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
royalstarrynight|1360306922|3375039 said:
Gorgeous!!! I love your stones as always!! :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :love: :love:

Big blue looks much more at home in his new home!!

Which of your stones looks like more the one you have in preloved here?
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/2-61ct-color-shift-blue-spinel-cushion-t184207.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/2-61ct-color-shift-blue-spinel-cushion-t184207.html[/URL]
Definitely Big Blue, but all three are so different. I was tempted to set the cushion in a necklace, but I've found I just want to see them on my hands, and I really don't need 3 big blue rings. Lol.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsBlue|1360326055|3375109 said:
That blue spinel is stunning and I love the way the cut looks in your pictures. Such pure, geometric beauty. ((swoons))

Thanks so much for sharing.
Thanks MrsBlue! That Barry...he cuts a mean round!

I love the ring in your avatar - such a cool center stone!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
jstarfireb|1360465600|3376469 said:
I love all of these pieces! But that's not surprising because I love everything you have!
Awwww!!!! Thanks JStar!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
platinumrock|1360472876|3376528 said:
I love them all, but that Namibian tourmaline... :love: :love: ...it's like stepping into facets of warm Caribbean waters!!

Great job on all the new additions, I love the color on Big Blue, so rich and majestic with awesome cutting.

And what a wonderful pic of you and your hubby! :))
I know, I know. It always steals the dang show. I need to go get a safe deposit box and stash it in there so it stops upstaging everyone else. Lol.

Thanks! I need to take more pics with a camera that isn't my phone!

I figured I'd throw the pic in of us since that's one of the two times I've worn it, and the only time I've gotten professional pictures wearing it!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
KaeKae|1360473836|3376534 said:
OMG, those pictures are giving me heart palpitations! This is is what my dream rings are made of! Gorgeous.

( You see, I need a spinel or sapphire to set into my original ering setting, much like the setting of your sapphire. You see, my 5th anny band has lovely blue sapphires. I reset the diamond from the ering into white gold, and now the original yellow setting is sadly waiting for it's replacement, for nearly four years! I 'just' have to find the right stone to compliment the band.)

Did I mention your rings and necklace are beautiful?
Thanks KaeKae! Can you tell my favorite color is blue?

You should hurry up and set a sapphire in that ring! Have you posted a thread? Some of my favorite threads in CS are "the hunt" threads. My all time favorite thread in PS was my ering stone thread, but obviously for a specific reason! Another favorite was searching for "The Blueberry" and then the setting thread for that. LostSapphire was the poster's name.

Again, my favorite color miiiiight just be blue. Lol!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mmmm...I figured I'd throw in a few more. Of something I got in the mail yesterday.

bb_ring.jpg

sapphire_band.jpg

sapphire_band2.jpg

sapphire_band3.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Light violet-blue sapphire and diamond band. Palladium. WhiteFlash. Pre-owned.

Guest starring my ering, Big Blue spinel, and a bunch of diamond bands.

sapphire_band4.jpg

sapphire_band5.jpg

sapphire_band6.jpg

sapphire_band7.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!! I had thought about buying the sapphire/diamond eternity but it definitely goes better with your more extensive collection of gorgeous blue stones!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results