shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue sapphires.....can I get some feedback and/or advice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
YIKES that was big. Sorry.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
DB:

Last group:

Sunny day. 9 a.m. No flash.

(I can''t believe how different the stone looks in all of the indoor pics in different lighting! Thanks for getting me to do this: I''ve learned a few things too!)
LS

Natural Lighting Sunny Day.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Diana, that picture from your blackberry makes your stone look positively radioactive - was it humming on the back of your hand?

I hope you learn to love it, I think it looks beautiful and I don''t normally get moved by blue sapphires much.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dayumm LS, all those BLUEBERRY shots are gorgeous! My sapphires do the same thing. I think it''s just the nature of sapphires.

Here''s an inside shot, dark lighting.......

cmsblusapphirebrac1.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Outside sun shot..........

DB, I love the color of your sapphire and hope to see alot more pics!

cmsblusapphirebrac13.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Holee BUNCH OF BLUEBERRIES CatMom!

LS

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 11:51:09 AM
Author: Catmom
Dayumm LS, all those BLUEBERRY shots are gorgeous! My sapphires do the same thing. I think it's just the nature of sapphires.

Here's an inside shot, dark lighting.......
Ditto Catmom and LS herre - great shots ladies! i have a five stone band that is remarkably different in all lighting. I would say though, it's only dark-ish A LITTLE bit of the time, and the rest of the time it's pretty bright blue. I think that really is the nature of the sapphire, even the great colored, well cut ones. But i love them soooo....

I adore your new stone and missrocks's ring is one of my (and my mom's) favorite rings i've ever seen!!!!!!!

I'll attach some of my pics so you can see....

1. WITH FLASH

mybdayring978700.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2. WITH FLASH AGAIN...keep in mind, i think mine are more in the purple family than your new one is...and possibly a little lighter...

newpicbirthdayring79002.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3. NO FLASH, BATHROOM LIGHTING (would you call that incandescent????) this is the darkest it ever looks, but i understand what you are saying bout yours.

bdayringnoflash.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4. OUTSIDE, NO FLASH.

at least with mine, i think they respond really well to light. It only really looks dark inside at night, and even then it still looks blue to me and i like the color of it.

LS is right too about combining it with the diamonds - it really sets off the color and brightens the stone up in any lighting!

I think your's is beautiful!!!! I originally wanted a cushion cut sapphire just like that with some diamond half moons on it for my ering - someday....
30.gif

bdayringoutside2noflash.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 12:26:43 AM
Author: DianaBanana

Date: 4/10/2009 6:41:53 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
Sapphires are called ''day stones'' for a reason. They look best in brighter/outdoor lighting. My sapphire tends to take on a dull appearance inside my house at certain times. It drives me nuts, but when I go outdoors, or am driving in my car, or sitting in a restaurant, it looks gorgeous! Your sapphire is gorgeous!!! Move around in different lighting before you express too much disappointment. You will realize in different lighting situations that you may have judged it too quickly. I guarantee you will find yourself falling in love with it many times over.
Thank you for this comment...you''re absolutely right, here is a terrible blackberry photo taken at about 6pm outdoors in overcast weather....it''s got that beautiful Kashmir/Burma glow in this light....quite a personality this little stone has, what should I call him/her??

ETA - sorry for the HUGE blackberry pic....argh.
40.gif

It just glows in your blackberry picture! I think it will be heavenly in anyone of those setting ideas you chose! Honestly, you picked a real winner for a stone and the fact that Jeff White did a remarkable re-cut to it, it doesn''t get much better than that! Just beautiful!!! I am glad you are coming to your senses and seeing that it really is a STUNNER!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
This has been such an informative thread....LS, thank you so much for taking the time to do those collages and thanks to all who posted their shots. I''ve got to run and pick up hubby from the airport but here is a quick collage that I did this morning.

sapphire natural light collage.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely sapphire, and it looks like Jeff did a nice job cutting it while retaining as much weight as possible.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 2:31:07 PM
This has been such an informative thread....LS, thank you so much for taking the time to do those collages and thanks to all who posted their shots. I''ve got to run and pick up hubby from the airport but here is a quick collage that I did this morning.
I think this looks incredible in every single picture - what a gorgeous color!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
POSITIVELY SWOONWORTHY!!

It''s going to be spectacular. I can hardly wait!

LS

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh DB, it''s a gorgeous sapphire!!

LS, gotta love them blueberries!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 4:06:07 PM
Author: LostSapphire

POSITIVELY SWOONWORTHY!!

It''s going to be spectacular. I can hardly wait!

LS
Absolutely! So glad you''re falling in love with your moody sapphire
30.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Wow... I think the color is spactacular! The blue on the last picture is very pretty.

Many of my stones that I love was a puzzle when I first saw it because it was different from the vendor''s pictures. But I always try to keep a open mind and just take multiple pictures (as you all are know
emembarrassed.gif
) and go from there.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, I think that you are going to love that stone. The color is great. Sapphires do not do well in all light sources, as many have said.

I wanted to echo what Lost Sapphire said. My sapphire lights up like crazy on an overcast or rainy day. I have never gotten a picture in that lighting, but it is unreal.

I also tend to get my colored stones at night, and don''t get the best view of them. I have been on here before second guessing myself before I have seen a stone in natural light. I have to learn not to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results