shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Sapphire Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pinkdreamer

Rough_Rock
I agree! I am actually looking for something very similar to what your photocopy shows (from what I can tell
2.gif
) and have really found the Natural Sapphire Company to have the best selection of color. They also have some mountings that they fit to whichever stone you choose, so you might want to check them out! They have several that are pave set with halos, in varying thicknesses. Good luck!!

vanman73

Rough_Rock
Hi Pink,

Dont ya love the photocopy? It was all they would give me. They being Bailey, Banks and Biddle.

It broke my heart though, when she tried that ring on, it was like the magic slipper. The ring fit her like a glove, too bad the price tag didnt fit mine and after I did some research online, it was apparent that the ring we saw was way overpriced. Which led me to seek out someone to re-create it for me, which has proved a daunting task, since I have been unable to find the same setting anywhere online. Some similar, but not exact and I''m a perfectionist, so of course I am probably being too anal about everything. I only expect to get married once, so I want it to be perfect.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/30/2007 8:38:17 AM
Author: Chrono
Not the best colour, but the best one I''ve found considering your budget and size requirements:
http://www.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=1444

Gypsy,
I had suggested that earlier but I guess it''s not what Vanman is looking for since he did not comment on it. I thought it looked well cut even though it''s a wee bit on the dark side. Barbara''s gemstones have never failed to please my eyes so far.

vanman73

Rough_Rock
Hi Chrono,

The reason I didn''t comment about that stone was because I was a little weary about that site. It doesn''t say if the stone is treated, there is only 1 pic of the stone. I was just being a cautious buyer.

I will email Barbara on that stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vanman,

Are you specifically looking for unheated sapphires? With your budget, a heat treated stone opens up your options and there is nothing wrong with heated sapphires as long as it isn't be-treated or glass filled etc. My 2 side sapphires for my RHR are heat treated and they are gorgeous. In fact, normal heat treatment for blue sapphires is a very accepted practice (and almost expected). However, if you are looking for an unheated stone, I can understand that too, just note that your choices then becomes more limited.

I trust Barbara 100% from my prior dealings with her. I've spent thousands of dollars on her stones (mostly red spinels and a few tourmalines and am currently awaiting my order of a pair of moonstone earrings) over the past 3 years. If you don't like the gemstone, returns are quick and easy.

StonesRock07

Rough_Rock
Did you try looking for the ring on there website so you have a better image??? I am so glad guys are thinking out side of the diamond box for e-rings. color is where its at. I have personally used NSC for my jewelry purchases and have loved everything. You can call them and they have a great sales guy Steve he will work with you and your budget to get you the stone you want and they have awsome cad designers that can design the exact ring you want if you show them a pic (in your case photocopy) or you can explain what you want. Hope the ring you get is the "glass slipper" for your wallet and especially your girls finger. Congratulations on the big step, good luck with everything. Let us know how it turns out. NSC''s number is 212 869 1165. check out some sapphires http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/nscnet/stones.aspx?stonecategory=Blue

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results