shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue nuance

Alan86

Rough_Rock
Hello,

First time diamond shopping and trying to find my way through it!

I've actually already purchased a stone and setting through James Allen, thought I had done my research and found a good stone. It wasn't until after that I noticed the blue nuance comment on the cert. Now comparing the stone with others, I can actually see the blue tint to it. Wondering on folks opinion on how this would look in real life? I've found another stone, dimensions almost identical, with no visual or mention of blue nuance on the cert. Would it be worthwhile to change? (slightly larger and more expensive).

Current stone:

Other option:

Thank you in advance!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently it is possible for lab grown diamonds to have the faintest “blue hue”. They are still graded as “colourless” with a notation of “blue nuance”.
This trait is seen by many as desirable and somewhat intriguing as the undertone in most diamonds is to the yellowish / brownish/ greyish tint.
I wouldn’t think it a reason to not like the diamond, James Allen does have a return policy so if you don’t like it in person, send it back.

Lessics

Shiny_Rock
I would order the blue nuance and then check it out in different lighting situations maybe you could even upload some videos here.

I would love to order a lab grown with blue nuance to check it out. Unfortunately I live in Europe and a return would be a huge hassle if I came to the conclusion I don’t prefer the blue.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently it is possible for lab grown diamonds to have the faintest “blue hue”. They are still graded as “colourless” with a notation of “blue nuance”.
This trait is seen by many as desirable and somewhat intriguing as the undertone in most diamonds is to the yellowish / brownish/ greyish tint.
I wouldn’t think it a reason to not like the diamond, James Allen does have a return policy so if you don’t like it in person, send it back.
I am confused how a stone can be graded a colour but also have blue nuance - I think someone posted a J with blue nuance the other day!

I know @Ada Diamonds CEO specifically state they exclude blue nuance stones.

I'd quite like to see one, and would probably try and get one if/when I am in the position to buy something shiny!

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
There was something posted here on PS - not quite sure which forum. But they were called - if I remember correctly - Super D. Reminds me a bit of printer paper. There's white - then there is Super White which has a blue cast to it but it still white.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was something posted here on PS - not quite sure which forum. But they were called - if I remember correctly - Super D. Reminds me a bit of printer paper. There's white - then there is Super White which has a blue cast to it but it still white.
John Pollard has mentioned them a few times but can't give more details due to confidentiality / NDAs! Booo! lol

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.