shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue nile?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ezwinner701

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 5:43:39 PM
Author: belle

Date: 2/2/2007 5:38:32 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 2/2/2007 5:27:04 PM
Author: ezwinner701
Sorry, Ellen. English is my 2nd language so I may not be able to articulate myself as well as others. Please accept my apologizes on that to everyone if I come off as too blunt.

What I was trying to say is that for the stone that I posted the link for. F/vs2 2.13RB AGS 000. There are no other PS vendors that have anything like that in that price range. some of them don''t even have that price range for GIA triple EX stone that size as well so Bluenile for THAT stone doesn''t seem to be overpriced.
No need to apologize, I didn''t think you were being blunt, I just didn''t understand what you were saying.
1.gif

Now, if I''ve got it right, I DO understand what you''re saying. No, at the moment, there are no other stones in that size with those specs graded by AGS in any other inventory. So, of course that isn''t a bad price, we have nothing to compare it to.
9.gif

If we did though, I doubt there would be much difference, one way or the other. And as I said in my original post, ocassionally BN does have the better price. But it''s so infrequent, that I don''t look there much when trying to help a poster.
2.gif
ageed ellen. i did a search for the same specs. there are only gia graded diamonds available with those exact specs (f/vs) but they are all around 1k less.
i have found the same thing, for the most part, bn prices are higher. are there exceptions? probably..but they are very infrequent.
Belle, where do you see the F color around 2.10 in the Triple EX GIA with no floro with the other PS vendors for 1k less?? I would consider those actually. thanks

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
That''s cool. I was taking my information about HCA from this post:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hca-question.9987/

Date: 2/2/2007 9:41:13 PM
Author: :)

Date: 2/2/2007 9:35:38 PM
Author: ebonykawai
I''ll add my experiences from both companies, as I''ve dealt with both in the past month.

My BN experience was wonderful, I got an beautiful 0.55ct H VS2, GIA excellent cut for a very good price, in a setting that I am thrilled with. According to the Holloway Cut Adviser, it rates a 0.5, and that is very apparent. It''s full of fire! The buying experience was very easy, even though I changed my stone the day after I placed my order. BN was extremely flexible and helpful.

I''m waiting on the arrival of a .808 H VVS1 ACA H&A from WF (and before anyone asks, NO, I didn''t choose it because it''s a VVS1, LOL. I was searching the VS2s and this came up by accident, but it turned out to be exactly what I was looking for in all other respects so the clarity rating was just icing on the cake). This buying experience was a little more...challenging. I made a few changes, mainly to the setting, because of misinformation. But overall, everything went just fine. I think I was a little more nervous because I was spending quite a lot more on this stone. Anyway, the Holloway Cut Adviser rates this stone a 1.5. I was pretty surprised that the BN stone rated better, but I''m cool with it. :))

So which did I prefer? Neither, really, or I could say both. I''m thrilled with my 0.55 stone, because it''s a very late ering and because of that, it''s close to my heart. The other is a RHR that I see more as a work of art that I wanted to own. Anyway, both companies are extremely professional and my experiences with both have been very positive. HOWEVER: If my daughter were getting engaged and her BF was on a budget, I would send them to BN first. If they had a little more $$ to play with, I''d send them to WF.

Just my own personal opinion from my personal experiences with both companies. :)
Ebonykawai, just to clarify for you, the Holloway does not ''rate'' stones as one better than the other - it is used to discard poor performers. Generally a score less than 2 is what you are looking for. Actually most will tell you that they prefer stones with a 1-2 as opposed to quote]

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 9:26:53 PM
Author: kathleen
Cehrabehra-

That''s the EXACT problem I''m having. WF and GOG don''t seem to have exactly what I''m looking for right now. BN does. But, like you, I want to get it from a vendor that all the PS''ers love. I''m struggling with this!!
20.gif
I think I may just order the stone from BN, and maybe when I see it my doubts will be gone!! I hope!!
if you don''t mind doing your own analysis - using an IS or ASET or hiring an appraiser or just trusting your eyes.... then there is no difference. Oh except one. Upgrades. That wasn''t an issue for me so it didn''t make a difference, but for many it is a deal breaker.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ebony - I was just looking for pics of your rings (there are none???!!! lol) and saw you asking if anyone else waited *forever* for their e-ring and I had to raise my hand lol I told my dh when we were getting married he couldn''t afford what I really wanted and we''d wait and well we waited and waited and waited and finally for the 15th he gave me a green light LOL By the ime it''s done though It''ll be more like 16th LOL!!!

MerLine

Rough_Rock

Hi Varshini,

I am also from Canada, Alberta and I''ve had experience with BlueNile.ca. What i would say is that they have a very wide selection of diamonds to choose from. I found that the diamonds i have bought from BlueNile.ca are quite cheaper than other online vendors. I''m quite happy with the results of the stud diamond earrings i have purchased through Blue Nile''s "build your own earrings" which i had the option to choose loose diamonds and i had chosen 2 H&A diamonds. They have good service, and provide good advice and reply quickly to emails i have sent. It is also easy due to the fact that they only charge a small amount of tax payment than purchasing the diamond(s) in the USA.
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 9:57:33 PM
That''s cool. I was taking my information about HCA from this post:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hca-question.9987/

Date: 2/2/2007 9:41:13 PM
Author: :)

Date: 2/2/2007 9:35:38 PM
I''ll add my experiences from both companies, as I''ve dealt with both in the past month.

My BN experience was wonderful, I got an beautiful 0.55ct H VS2, GIA excellent cut for a very good price, in a setting that I am thrilled with. According to the Holloway Cut Adviser, it rates a 0.5, and that is very apparent. It''s full of fire! The buying experience was very easy, even though I changed my stone the day after I placed my order. BN was extremely flexible and helpful.

I''m waiting on the arrival of a .808 H VVS1 ACA H&A from WF (and before anyone asks, NO, I didn''t choose it because it''s a VVS1, LOL. I was searching the VS2s and this came up by accident, but it turned out to be exactly what I was looking for in all other respects so the clarity rating was just icing on the cake). This buying experience was a little more...challenging. I made a few changes, mainly to the setting, because of misinformation. But overall, everything went just fine. I think I was a little more nervous because I was spending quite a lot more on this stone. Anyway, the Holloway Cut Adviser rates this stone a 1.5. I was pretty surprised that the BN stone rated better, but I''m cool with it. :))

So which did I prefer? Neither, really, or I could say both. I''m thrilled with my 0.55 stone, because it''s a very late ering and because of that, it''s close to my heart. The other is a RHR that I see more as a work of art that I wanted to own. Anyway, both companies are extremely professional and my experiences with both have been very positive. HOWEVER: If my daughter were getting engaged and her BF was on a budget, I would send them to BN first. If they had a little more $$ to play with, I''d send them to WF.

Just my own personal opinion from my personal experiences with both companies. :)
Ebonykawai, just to clarify for you, the Holloway does not ''rate'' stones as one better than the other - it is used to discard poor performers. Generally a score less than 2 is what you are looking for. Actually most will tell you that they prefer stones with a 1-2 as opposed to quote]
Ahha - That thread compared two stones, the one had a 2.5 score which is > the usual 2 cutoff, hence the comments that the lower one would be preferred. May have been better worded to weed out the 2.5 one. Obviously if you see a stone with your eyes (in numerous lighting situations, etc, etc) and love it, that trumps everything!

I copied this section out of the PS tutorial, and below is also a link to a thread that may help some.

"Diamonds that rate below 2 (red on the chart) are unlikely to show too much leakage darkness, overly thin or thick girdles, or fish-eyes. But there are other negatives that HCA can''t predict. Additionally, if you examine diamonds from closer up than 10 inches (25cm) in your selection process, you will probably prefer diamonds with proportions that fall in the “Young Peoples Rings” area that is marked on the chart below in the upper right of the red zone.
...Stones near the center of the red region (the lowest scores) are least affected by symmetry variations. Alternatively hearts and arrows diamonds, which have excellent optical symmetry, but often HCA scores around 2, may out-perform diamonds with lesser symmetry and lower HCA scores."

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/trying-to-understand-the-hca-just-a-little-better.29193/

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 10:37:24 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
Ebony - I was just looking for pics of your rings (there are none???!!! lol) and saw you asking if anyone else waited *forever* for their e-ring and I had to raise my hand lol I told my dh when we were getting married he couldn''t afford what I really wanted and we''d wait and well we waited and waited and waited and finally for the 15th he gave me a green light LOL By the ime it''s done though It''ll be more like 16th LOL!!!
LOL, I can''t figure out how to post them!!!!! It keeps saying they have too many KBs!! Let me try here and if it works, it''ll be a miracle!

I''m glad you got the green light, too!!
36.gif

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 1:43:03 PM

Ebony - I was just looking for pics of your rings (there are none???!!! lol) and saw you asking if anyone else waited *forever* for their e-ring and I had to raise my hand lol I told my dh when we were getting married he couldn't afford what I really wanted and we'd wait and well we waited and waited and waited and finally for the 15th he gave me a green light LOL By the ime it's done though It'll be more like 16th LOL!!!
LOL, I can't figure out how to post them!!!!! It keeps saying they have too many KBs!! Let me try here and if it works, it'll be a miracle!

I'm glad you got the green light, too!!
36.gif
Sorry, I don't mean to hijack!!! Yay, it worked!

Lisaringbling.jpg

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Before I came to know this forum we made a search on the Internet and we found BN. We were pleased with their site and so we had purchased from BN in summer 2004 earring studs with their "build your own earrings" feature. We chose 2 stones of .33 each E and D VVS2 ideal cut (if I had been more diamond educated at that time I would have chosen bigger stones of lesser colour and clarity
23.gif

The earrings were beautiful (four prongs basket setting in platinum) and the diamonds very sparkley ! However, their lack of trade up policy is a real downside for us since we recently contacted them to upgrage and they told us it was impossible.

Since I know this forum, I made some comparisons about prices and I found that in bigger ct range, GOG, WF are generally more competitive. GOG, especially when considering their upgrade policy and when comparing their stones to the BN Signature collection which bears quite a premium, although it seems that their requirements for their Signature are less tight than the ones GOG or WF set for their H&A. Of course, with GOG or WF you get a lot more information about each stone which is very reassuring especially if you go up in carat and $$
9.gif

So if you are short of time and/or need a wider choice for certain specs you are looking for and if you look in smaller ct range and more importantly if you don''t consider a future upgrade, then you can go with BN. For myself, we are considering buying a diamond solitaire and my preference is clearly for GOG
30.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 1:44:23 PM

Date: 2/3/2007 1:43:03 PM

LOL, I can''t figure out how to post them!!!!! It keeps saying they have too many KBs!! Let me try here and if it works, it''ll be a miracle!

I''m glad you got the green light, too!!
36.gif
Sorry, I don''t mean to hijack!!! Yay, it worked!
oooh that belongs in the fire thread!!!! beautious!!

ezwinner701

Rough_Rock
ageed ellen. i did a search for the same specs. there are only gia graded diamonds available with those exact specs (f/vs) but they are all around 1k less.
i have found the same thing, for the most part, bn prices are higher. are there exceptions? probably..but they are very infrequent.

Belle, where do you see the F color around 2.10 in the Triple EX GIA with no floro with the other PS vendors for 1k less?? I would consider those actually. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results