shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA Question...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nobel

Rough_Rock
Hey y''all. Can anyone tell me what''s the real world difference between an HCA rating of 2.5 and .9? Is this something that''s easily noticeable to the average person? With thanks in advance!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Nobel. Well you will get varying reactions from people on this question. In my opinion, there would be a visual difference between one that is .9 and one that is 2.5. I would most likely go for the one that is .9 unless it was exhorbitantly more pricey or similar. If there wasn't a difference at all between something that was under 1 and something that was over 2...why would there even BE a differentiation between stones under 2.0 (excellent) and stones above? Obviously there is a difference between 1 and 2 and 2.5 and 3...thats why the HCA is setup that way.

Maybe that is too cut and dry when really diamonds and visual beauty are a preference (it is)...but that is how I view it. When comparing you need to look at all things. What does the 2.5 stone have that leads you to even ask this question? If they were entirely similar in everything else (e.g. ctw, price, color, clarity) then you would take the .9 hands down. So is the 2.5 bigger or cheaper or ?

Sorry to ramble...I think there is a difference, it may not be night and day...but it will be the difference between a stone that really lights up the room and one that merely winks a little from across a room.

Post more data on the stones you are comparing and people will give you their two cents...if you want it.
wacko.gif

Good luck!!

Nobel

Rough_Rock
Mara, yes there are other reasons. Namely, the HCA 2.5 is slightly smaller and approximately 5% cheaper. Plus, using Atlas' ratings, the crown angle is rated slightly lower (1B) on the .9 rated HCA stone versus a score of 1A on the HCA 2.5 stone (every other measurement being the same).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results