shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile - Reason for concern?

JVH

Rough_Rock
Good morning all,

Long time lurker (3 years), first time poster.

I'm in the midst of an upgrade with Blue Nile with this particular stone: www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD07245766.. After browsing RockyTalk this morning and reading GearGirly's thread (www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/blue-nile-help-t225029.html), I noticed the options provided by ac117 and spotted a diamond that looked oddly familiar in the recommended list - http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD07453046

So, two different stock numbers and two different prices, but the same GIA report number. My ring is expected to be returned with the new stone (LD07245766) on August 30th, one week from today. I've confirmed with Blue Nile that if it's not what I'm expecting I can return it and exchange it for a different upgraded stone. So, my questions are; is there something shady going on? Do I need to call Blue Nile with pitchfork in hand? Should I continue with the order and once received take to an independent appraiser?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

-Jen

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi JVH! I would definitely recommend calling BN and bringing this to their attention. I would give them both SKU numbers and ask them to triple check the availability of the stone you chose since the link I posted is still showing as available. I don't think anything deliberately shady is going on - remember, they are a drop shipper and the majority of their inventory is virtual so I'm not surprised if this happens from time to time. I see inconsistencies in James Allen videos/certs/sorting from time to time, as well.

po720

Rough_Rock
this is.. terrifying!! :errrr: Please keep us posted on what happens!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No - it's really not terrifying. It's a glitch and a clerical error. Sometimes stones are listed by more than one dealer; there's various reasons this can happen, but there's only one stone. Call them and they'll sort it out. I've done a lot of business with BN, and I occasionally see this with their virtual inventory. I suspect if someone actually tried to buy the other listing of the same stone, even tho it says it's available, they'd get a fairly prompt email from BN saying the stone was gone. And yes, this occasionally happens with online retailers.

ETA Both listings now say the stone is unavailable. I suspect when the order went through on one listing, it knocked out the second one as well.

JVH

Rough_Rock
So I took ac117's advice and called BN. I spoke with Lexy who stated since the stone had changed vaults (it's from a NY vendor but the stone was overseas) it created a new stock number and listing. However, she assured me the stone was not actually available to anyone else and the listing is now reflecting as unavailable, as mrs-blop confirmed. Phew! I feel a whole lot better! :D

Thanks to everyone for your input!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great! Now since the cat's out of the bag, please remember to come back and post hand shots! :D

JVH

Rough_Rock
ac117|1471968840|4069040 said:
Great! Now since the cat's out of the bag, please remember to come back and post hand shots! :D

Will do! :D

JVH

Rough_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results