shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile - Best Value For Quality?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stanford

Rough_Rock
Hi! I''m a newbie here. I''m looking for an engagement ring for my fiancé. I heard so much about Blue Nile. Is it legitimate? I compared the diamond prices to a local jeweler and there''s a huge difference. Are the diamonds real? If not, what other places have good diamonds for a reasonable price in the Bay Area?

Thanks in advance!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
In general, buying diamonds from an reputable internet vendor can be a great way to go. I've done it, as have many others here. BN is well respcted. Some think their prices are higher for what you are getting. Read the tutorial here and at some other sites (www.goodoldgold.com, www.niceice.com are both good ones) and check out various vendors sites to find what you are looking for. The Pricescope search engines is a good place to start to see what's out there in your price range and to suggest some vendors to look at in more detail.

Basically to purchase safely from the internet, you should know the basics. You should go look at some well cut stones to understand how the different colors look to your eyes. You can come back there for opinions and advice. Use an independent apprasier to make sure you are getting what you pay for, and you are in pretty darn good shape. Lots of people have done it. The benefits are typically that you get access to a much broader range of higher quality stones at better prices. Hard to beat! Do some searches here on the various vendors to see what people say about them. You'll also get some good Bay Area recommendations (but I don't know how the prices compare) if you do some searches on that.

Good luck!

kitkat5

Rough_Rock
We bought our idamond from blue nile. Extremely professional, great to work with, hassle free service. I love love love
love.gif
my diamond and have yet to find any other comparable diamond for the a comparable price. I highly recommend them!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My best friend's husband bought hers through Blue Nile and was able to get insurance through Chubb on it instantly. When they got it appraised, they ended up raising their insurance policy because it appraised for almost 3x what they paid for it.

Her stone is absolutely gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results