Blue-green Lagoon Tourmaline hunting

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The colour is so beautiful.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love big stones, but if you don’t and won’t wear it then send it back. What do you think about the color? If that particular shade is your sweet spot then you may have to be patient on your hunt for the exact same color in a smaller size and a shape you like.

UO here, I don’t have an issue with surface reaching inclusions. I have heard from two trusted sources that polishing is very tough on a stone and if the gem survives that then the inclusion shouldn’t present a problem as long as you treat it like any other CS - no gardening, dishes, etc.

polarisfire

Rough_Rock
I really like the color (though it's not like I've seen a lot in this shade so who knows, there may be something even glowier out there) in terms of blue/green mix. My concern with the surface inclusion is not due to the stone breaking risk, but more that there's an actual tiny cavity on the surface for oil and dirt to build up in, and I'm afraid to be scrubbing a tourmaline too hard on a regular basis in order to keep the inclusion clean. Is that a problem anyone has experience with?

To clarify, it's bigger than I'd feel comfortable wearing outside of a dress-up occasion or e-ring (and I'm not married yet), and my ring finger's about a size 5.5. Maybe my tastes in stone to finger proportion just hasn't been PS-ified enough yet HAHA.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous color :love: .

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if it’s clarity enhanced.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous colour and size!
But if you will not wear it regularly, I would send it back

polarisfire

Rough_Rock
So I’m wondering if you guys with more experience think this color is super rare? Afraid to pass up on something and then regret it later because I can’t find anything the same color.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you pay the $2000 asking price on the website?

For a stone you're not mad about, it feels like a lot of money! Plus that inclusion as well....

It's pretty but it's still tourmaline and you should love it at that price! Otherwise you can just get a smaller one and invest less in a stone as you don't want a huge one anyway.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you think you’ll find something better - and your mind is already wandering around about that - don’t keep it. Keep it because you love it, not because someone here tells you the color is rare, to answer your question.
I wonder if it’s clarity enhanced.
Is this due to something you see in the photos or because of the list price to carat weight? Just curious.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As nice as the color is, I don’t think this stone is a unicorn. How long is the return period? Perhaps contact YR, and another vendor or two you like, and see if she can source anything similar to that color.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you think you’ll find something better - and your mind is already wandering around about that - don’t keep it. Keep it because you love it, not because someone here tells you the color is rare, to answer your question.

Is this due to something you see in the photos or because of the list price to carat weight? Just curious.
Tourmaline is commonly clarity enhanced these days, especially included stones and those with surface reaching inclusions.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Overpriced at 500 usd per carat for this colour. I buy tourmalines. I love tourmalines.

I mean well. But if you love, well hey, I have also over paid for what I love. Been there done that learned huge lesson never again.

Last edited:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here’s another from Aurelia Gems that looks pretty. Sukrita will send videos and check her inventory for other options too. I find photos hard to read, so a video comparing a couple/few stones together is always helpful.
D6E75A3A-BA16-4297-8834-94A80B5FFD4D.jpeg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue green tourmaline are not mainly found in Namibia, but Brazil, Afghanistan, Nigeria, Mozambique, and I’m sure I’m missing a few places.

Just thought that was an incorrect remark, although the stone is very pretty. These gems are moody though, so various light photos are important.

VCJL

Rough_Rock
So did you receive your gem from finestonepk? Was is up to expectations?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes why are the prices so high!!! $1000 a carat is crazy!

I bought this one, a little over 6 carats for $675 in 2018.

20180518_131414.jpg 20180518_131418.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha whoops old thread! Still overpriced lol!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results