shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shappy

Rough_Rock
Played bridge with a friend today and admired her ring. It is a blue diamond center with side white radiants set in platinum. It''s really pretty, she bought it at a consignment store. It has major large inclusions but since it''s been colored blue they aren''t instantly obvious. She said she paid $3,000 but when she had it appraised they said it wasn''t worth that but she didn''t care she just liked it. My question is--what is this process? Is it permanent?
Just curious if anyone knows.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4.gif

Professional Jeweler/ 2002

The article does not discuss pricing though... It would be interesting to hear more about it on this thread. Treated yellows seem to be the more expensive treated color, but I could be very wrong (and never seen these reds either).
read.gif

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
Here's a link to a .38ct color enhanced red diamond that just sold on ebay for $351. I thought the final price was a bit high for a color enhanced diamond, but I guess the owner did end up with a real "red" diamond.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2694412395&category=10216

Joker....

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 3/10/2004 8:20:37 AM The Joker wrote:

I guess the owner did end up with a real 'red' diamond.

----------------

Actually, nope... Even the seller states that's a dark 'cognac' color and uses an Argile grade for reference. The stone looks like some dark brown with orange and/or redish flash. A far cry from anything I'd call red, including among diamonds.

Red (by a more mainstream definition of this color) color enhanced diamonds are not very easy to find. I would like to see a larger one
sad.gif
... And there should be a few artificial red diamonds around by now (according to Takara)
1.gif

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
" I would like to see a larger one "

Say no more, The Smithsonian calls this one "RED" (by the way GIA calls this a "Fancy Dark reddish Brown")

Joker....

Pick 008.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results