shape
carat
color
clarity

Blood in urine

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Begonia, I’m so glad you are passed the biopsy. Waiting for biopsy results isdifficult. Hopefully you will get good news soon on the results. Hang in there. You have lots of people here to support you if you feel anxious.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
@Begonia, I’m so glad you are passed the biopsy. Waiting for biopsy results isdifficult. Hopefully you will get good news soon on the results. Hang in there. You have lots of people here to support you if you feel anxious.

I do get really anxious at times and am stress buying houseplants, about 6 in the past 4 days! There. Aren't. Enough. Windows and that's stressing me out LOL.

I used to Google the crap out of everything and find out way too much info which would make this anxious begonia just wilt. I'm not gonna do that. I'm plant puttering, drinking tea, and praying along with planning a meal for my older baby's birthday tomorrow. He's 23. He's the older one of these 2... 20190409_091340.jpg

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Happy birthday to your son! We are rooting for you!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your kids are adorable. Where did all those years go? Happy Birthday to your son! I hope you have a wonderful birthday dinner tomorrow.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, I'm still touched reading all of the support you gave me last year. It was so very helpful as I don't have a lot of family, and the menfolk in my life mean well, but...

It's coming up to my urologist clearance visit on August 9th, and...
I have blood in my urine again today, almost 16 months later. It went on for about 2 hours. Slight burning in the bladder but not bad.

Wth???

I've been dealing with some abdominal pain this past week that seems to be stomach and upper intestinal. It seems I'm suffering from depression and my counselor felt it might be related to that, but just to be cautious, I've booked in to see my doctor about it and the depression. Then the blood in my urine today. Sigh. Guess I'm not getting a clearance from the urologist on August 9th?

I'm so scared, but the depression is messing up my ability to cope. It helps to write this a little.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, I'm still touched reading all of the support you gave me last year. It was so very helpful as I don't have a lot of family, and the menfolk in my life mean well, but...

It's coming up to my urologist clearance visit on August 9th, and...
I have blood in my urine again today, almost 16 months later. It went on for about 2 hours. Slight burning in the bladder but not bad.

Wth???

I've been dealing with some abdominal pain this past week that seems to be stomach and upper intestinal. It seems I'm suffering from depression and my counselor felt it might be related to that, but just to be cautious, I've booked in to see my doctor about it and the depression. Then the blood in my urine today. Sigh. Guess I'm not getting a clearance from the urologist on August 9th?

I'm so scared, but the depression is messing up my ability to cope. It helps to write this a little.

oh dear Begonia this is no good at all
wishing you improvement
we are all here for you if it helps to talk about it

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost the thread after you had your biopsy. Can you share what (or even where) was biopsied and what was found? They went all the way up your ureter to biopsy something in the upper ureter or right at the level of the kidney?

For blood in the urine, the standard is to look for common causes and potentially alarming causes -- GU tract (most worrisome being cancer) or certain types of kidney disease. If (good) imaging tests are negative, and the cystoscopy is negative, and the kidney function is normal and there is no protein in the urine, there may not be much more to say or do. Sometimes blood in the urine remains unexplained forever -- it could be an AVM or recurrent tiny kidney stones or even episodic bleeding from the kidneys' tiny filtering units themselves.

Alert your urologist. I don't think it's a cause for panic. I'm sorry you are going through this again.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Begonia I am so sorry you are going through this and while I don't have any advice to offer but to have your urologist evaluate you I do have something to share that I hope will help you. I am dealing with numerous medical issues some of them mysteries. The unknown is scary. And I am learning a new technique to deal with my anxiety and stress which is helping. It is called Heart Math. It involves deep breathing and positive visualization (while you are hooked up to biofeedback but you can do it without the biofeedback hookup).

There are things we cannot control but we can control how we feel about them and in a stressful uncertain world add medical issues and sometimes things are overwhelming. This might help you deal with your depression, anxiety and stress. I will link this for you and if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them. I have had one session with an NP who administers this but I ordered the home heart math which should be arriving next week and even without that you do the daily breathing and visualization 5 minutes a day twice a day, Very manageable and IMO worth a try. Sending you healing vibes and gentle hugs.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
oh dear Begonia this is no good at all
wishing you improvement
we are all here for you if it helps to talk about it

Thanks Daisy. I have anxiety as well so you can imagine my runaway brain. Counselor is suggesting a stress leave from work. My workplace is so so toxic, leaving will be hard, but going back even harder. Not too sure why I'm thinking about that, should be focusing on my health. Conditioned to be part of the matrix I guess.

I called the urologist, left a message. I guess we'll do some testing again? Maybe a scope again, or new ones.

Guess the abdominal pain may not have been just stomach and abdomen.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I lost the thread after you had your biopsy. Can you share what (or even where) was biopsied and what was found? They went all the way up your ureter to biopsy something in the upper ureter or right at the level of the kidney?

For blood in the urine, the standard is to look for common causes and potentially alarming causes -- GU tract (most worrisome being cancer) or certain types of kidney disease. If (good) imaging tests are negative, and the cystoscopy is negative, and the kidney function is normal and there is no protein in the urine, there may not be much more to say or do. Sometimes blood in the urine remains unexplained forever -- it could be an AVM or recurrent tiny kidney stones or even episodic bleeding from the kidneys' tiny filtering units themselves.

Alert your urologist. I don't think it's a cause for panic. I'm sorry you are going through this again.

Hi, thank you for coming back!

She felt anomaly with kidney and ureter but scope showed normal. Slight pink area on wall of bladder but nothing she was concerned about. Bloodwork and urine were normal. I then submitted urine to the lab for her (the urologist) every 6 months and did that 2 months ago in preparation for our visit August 9th, where I go see her "with a comfortably full bladder".

I have had some abdominal cramps and pain this past week. Same lead up to the blood in urine: very stressed, hot outside so I'm feeling very sweaty (normal for me), and feeling dehydrated altho upped fluid intake. Then the blood. Slightly burny bladder but nothing like a uti burny. I was a bit hotter and colder last week and this, but not abnormal when my bowels aren't normal. They've been a bit off, and counselor suggested it was related to my mental health, but get it checked. I'm booked in to see the doc.

What is an AVM?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
@Begonia I am so sorry you are going through this and while I don't have any advice to offer but to have your urologist evaluate you I do have something to share that I hope will help you. I am dealing with numerous medical issues some of them mysteries. The unknown is scary. And I am learning a new technique to deal with my anxiety and stress which is helping. It is called Heart Math. It involves deep breathing and positive visualization (while you are hooked up to biofeedback but you can do it without the biofeedback hookup).

There are things we cannot control but we can control how we feel about them and in a stressful uncertain world add medical issues and sometimes things are overwhelming. This might help you deal with your depression, anxiety and stress. I will link this for you and if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them. I have had one session with an NP who administers this but I ordered the home heart math which should be arriving next week and even without that you do the daily breathing and visualization 5 minutes a day twice a day, Very manageable and IMO worth a try. Sending you healing vibes and gentle hugs.

Hi missy, thank you for the reminder to meditate. I've fallen off the wagon.

I started cardiac coherence meditation years ago with panic attacks, before it became so mainstream. It stopped the pain attacks (breathing issues and hyoerventilating) very effectively.

I'll go do that right now.

Thank you missy.

Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, thank you for coming back!

What is an AVM?

Sounds like you are getting good care. Not a ton to go on -- pretty "non-specific" symptoms that could be related or unrelated. Could see/feel that with passage of small stones -- especially in hot weather -- although your prior event was in spring, not summer. There are some chronic kidney diseases that stay pretty quiet and flare up periodically -- like if you get a virus. It is possible to look closely at the blood cells (in the urine) under the microscope and sort-of see if they came from the kidney filtering units ("glomerular bleeding") or from the ureter/bladder/urethra. Some labs do it; some don't. Also, red/pink urine or blood clots in the urine suggest the blood is not coming from the kidney glomeruli whereas more brownish or Coca-Cola-colored urine suggests it could be. The longer you go without a diagnosis, the better, imo (I mean assuming that you are getting appropriate follow-up, etc.)

AVM was correctly defined above by @pearlsngems -- just a sometimes-troublesome abnormal connection between an artery (carrying high-pressure blood) and a vein (carrying low-pressure blood) that can cause occasional bleeding. It is one of the more common causes of bleeding in the GI tract. (GI bleeding is very different because you can lose a lot of blood, whereas it takes only the minutest amount of blood to turn urine scary-red.)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing to offer in the way of help, but just wanted you to know I’m thinking of you and sending lots of positive, healing thoughts your way @Begonia.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you are getting good care. Not a ton to go on -- pretty "non-specific" symptoms that could be related or unrelated. Could see/feel that with passage of small stones -- especially in hot weather -- although your prior event was in spring, not summer. There are some chronic kidney diseases that stay pretty quiet and flare up periodically -- like if you get a virus. It is possible to look closely at the blood cells (in the urine) under the microscope and sort-of see if they came from the kidney filtering units ("glomerular bleeding") or from the ureter/bladder/urethra. Some labs do it; some don't. Also, red/pink urine or blood clots in the urine suggest the blood is not coming from the kidney glomeruli whereas more brownish or Coca-Cola-colored urine suggests it could be. The longer you go without a diagnosis, the better, imo (I mean assuming that you are getting appropriate follow-up, etc.)

AVM was correctly defined above by @pearlsngems -- just a sometimes-troublesome abnormal connection between an artery (carrying high-pressure blood) and a vein (carrying low-pressure blood) that can cause occasional bleeding. It is one of the more common causes of bleeding in the GI tract. (GI bleeding is very different because you can lose a lot of blood, whereas it takes only the minutest amount of blood to turn urine scary-red.)

Thanks for replying! It helps to read all this, as my mind is all over the place. Seeing a pink bowl as you pee over a 2 hour period is really frightening. I have anterior kidneys, so I'm wondering if some of this abdominal pain is them. I dunno.

The urologist didn't call today so I'm guessing unless something drastic happens, I'll likely just wait til August 9th. See my GP on Wednesday, so I'm seeing someone soonish over this.

I was in a very hot environment with the spring episode and again now...things I tell myself for reassurance, but not necessarily pertinent.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Nothing to offer in the way of help, but just wanted you to know I’m thinking of you and sending lots of positive, healing thoughts your way @Begonia.

Thank you!!!
That's so kind - I appreciate your warm fuzzies!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Daisy. I have anxiety as well so you can imagine my runaway brain. Counselor is suggesting a stress leave from work. My workplace is so so toxic, leaving will be hard, but going back even harder. Not too sure why I'm thinking about that, should be focusing on my health. Conditioned to be part of the matrix I guess.

I called the urologist, left a message. I guess we'll do some testing again? Maybe a scope again, or new ones.

Guess the abdominal pain may not have been just stomach and abdomen.

oh sh*t Begonia
i know all about toxic work places
if that isnt causing 70% of your ills it certainly wont be helping either
take the leave and start looking for a new job
my present job doesn't use my brain lile my last one and i miss that, but the people i work for and with are so much nicer, more genuine, no alterier motives or jealousy - no gaslighting

it's made a huge difference to how i feel

kah42

Shiny_Rock
Just popping in to say I've been thinking about you. I hope the no news approach from your doc is indicative of good news, and that you feel better (mentally and physically) very soon.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Just popping in to say I've been thinking about you. I hope the no news approach from your doc is indicative of good news, and that you feel better (mentally and physically) very soon.

Oh thank you!!!
Blood has stopped, so that's good. Off to see urologist in 8 days. Fingers crossed.
Drinking water like a fish LOL. Seems to help, as no abdominal pain or blood.
Thank you again!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thank you!!!
Blood has stopped, so that's good. Off to see urologist in 8 days. Fingers crossed.
Thank you again!

Let us know how it goes with the FU with Urology. Rooting for your good bill of health!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh thank you!!!
Thank you again!

what was the weather like there when the problems reappaired ?
could you just be prone to dehydration ?

just hoping its something simple and eaisely managed

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
what was the weather like there when the problems reappaired ?
could you just be prone to dehydration ?

just hoping its something simple and eaisely managed

It was hot, I was dehydrated and really stressed. Same as last time? My work environment was hot as Hades the last time. This time work is hot again, and we're in a heat wave. I'm wondering too??

Let's have cake D. Please say yes.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was hot, I was dehydrated and really stressed. Same as last time? My work environment was hot as Hades the last time. This time work is hot again, and we're in a heat wave. I'm wondering too??

Let's have cake D. Please say yes.

well
ok
this tastes better than it sounds
i have a victoria sponge (jamef and creamed) in the freezer

at work all our 'creams' go to the piggies at the end of the day so we can have what we want
our store mamager and a customer told me they freeze really well
im planning on serving it with a side of timned berries (its winter here)

as an aside if im ever grumpy or loosing the plot its usually because im thirsty (like a grumpy little kid)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Good luck! Glad to hear it went quiet for you again.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Good luck! Glad to hear it went quiet for you again.

Hey!
Off to the urologist on Tuesday. Urine 'seems' clear? Sigh...it's always something it seems.
Trying to stay positive and just live my life, whilst swilling water LOL. And peeing...lots of peeing. Sorry, I'm sharing a lot aren't I?
Hope your Sunday is groovy. I have pulled pork in my future, so that helps.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey!
Off to the urologist on Tuesday. Urine 'seems' clear? Sigh...it's always something it seems.
Trying to stay positive and just live my life, whilst swilling water LOL. And peeing...lots of peeing. Sorry, I'm sharing a lot aren't I?

take care Begonia
thinking of you tomorrow +1

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hey!

That water will keep you going! Can't hurt to be well hydrated.
Hope the pork was good.
Finger crossed for you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How are you friend?

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results