shape
carat
color
clarity

Blonde Hair v. Brown Hair

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
You look great either way, so I can see how this has become such a decision. My personal preference is you with dark hair. I think your eyes look much more hazel when you have brown hair and brown when you have blonde hair. Plus, I always want chocolate blonde hair in December, so that might be weighing my decision, too.

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
I really think the blond is the most flattering.
Please don''t tell anyone I''ve said that, I''ll be booted from the "brunettes only" club...

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
me too, me too! I love the second photo.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
As someone who changes her hair color with the weather, I can understand where you''re coming from.

The brown makes your eyes pop, but I thought you looked most radiant in the first picture (close to what my color is right now, BTW).

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Like you, I change colors all the time.

Since you don''t really have a strong preference at the moment & going blond entails "some" risk & FI likes brown, & you will have more contrast on wedding day with brown, I''m going to vote brown for the wedding.

After the honeymoon you can start putting in some blond highlights gradually. If you start to get damage, no biggie, just stay brown. I don''t think I''d try for a major highlight job just before a wedding?

Besides why not give FI his hearts desire on the wedding day? You don''t really care, and he does
30.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
You are beautiful!

I like blonde on you. I would go for the colour in the second pic. If you don''t mind me saying, I find the colour in the first pic is age-ing on you

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
You''re so cute!! I think all of the hair colors look nice, but my suggestion is to go with something near your natural color. Since you said your hair is naturally kind of greyish, I''d do a darkish blonde but with some highlights and lowlights to spice it up and keep it from looking mousy. Really, you can''t go wrong though.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Six weeks from my wedding I decided to go from a level 4 brown to blond (2 weeks ago)! I did a full head of heavy highlights and chopped three inches off to stave off the damage. I will need to have another full head in a couple of weeks to get to the blond I want, but right now it looks really nice too!

I say GO FOR IT!!! (#2 is my fave)

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I agree that you can rock all of them.

Personally, I liked # 2 the best. Maybe it''s just the picture but I think your hair looks great and it really suits your complexion.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
I really love the colour of your hair in the second picture you posted! FWIW, I think that shade of blond is super flattering!

niccia

Shiny_Rock
I vote the blonde in the second picture too. You are gorgeous and look great as either, and I would normally prefer brown too, but you just look more natural and radiant as a blonde.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza. Thanks for the suggestions and input, everyone!! Rather than go through each reply individually....

It seems that there were more votes for blonde than brown, but similarly, nice to know that there wasn''t an overwhelming majority that thought brown looked awful (Nice to know, but not so helpful
3.gif
)

I still can''t make up my mind. Even though it''s not good for my hair, I''m realllly thinking I''ll get some highlights put in- maybe just a partial/crown highlight, and if I''m not a fan, then I''ll throw in some lowlights a few months later to bring it back to a darker level. An expensive and damaging plan, but I don''t want to postpone the "blonding" process too long, or it won''t reach the blonde in the photos (in the case that I really do decide to go with blonde)

FI does like me dark, but likes me blonde, as well. He just has a thing for brunettes
20.gif

But thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks for weighing in, all! So appreciated, as always!
16.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 1:40:31 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
As someone who changes her hair color with the weather, I can understand where you''re coming from.

The brown makes your eyes pop, but I thought you looked most radiant in the first picture (close to what my color is right now, BTW).

Hehe... Winks, I just had to comment on this, because it reminds me of myself and I got a good laugh.

Your avitar is a brunette, so I envision you that way
1.gif
Now I''m trying to think of you as a blondie!!

If I ever have a photo posted of myself somehwere... Facebook, another photo hosting website, etc... inevitably there''s a friend who says, "Oh! You''re blonde now?!" or "Oh, you''re a brunette?!" And I usually have to say, "No, no... that photo was from two months ago. I''m the same as the last time you saw me"

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh, honey! I''ve had my hair all different shades! This is me a few years back as a strawberry blonde with baby blond highlights (one of my favs!)

smaller_blonde.JPG

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
And then there''s how dark it gets the first time you dye it back to "medium brown" after bleaching it out all summer...(taken back when Kim was only 4 or 5 years old...she''s almost nine now).

Trick or Treat! 009.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
You look great either way. Whatever is the easiest to maintain!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results