shape
carat
color
clarity

Blocked by seller

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am rather disappointed with an ebay seller - and not because of the stones!

A while ago, I got two stones from an ebay seller with good reputation. One of them, however, turned out not to suit my needs (it was just as described, but it didn''t make my heart sing) so I decided to use the return policy and sent it back to the seller (paying rather a lot for shipping, by the way). The other stone was just gorgeous and I kept it. I gave excellent feedback, well deserved.

Some time later, I find out that the seller blocked me. I can only imagine it was because of the return, since payment was prompt and we had no other problems that I know of. I sent the seller a message, asking about it and never got an answer.

Is this normal? I confess I am rather upset that I was blocked without a word from the seller (and my pride is stinging a little as well), specially since I acted within the policies. But the stones are very much what I like so I would certainly buy from them again if everything was cleared. However, I just don''t know what happened!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I have never been blocked or returned a stone on ebay because I didn''t want to go through the trouble. I usually just negotiate with them for a partial refund.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
sounds like they are jerks and you wouldn''t want to buy from them anyway. In this world, reputation is everything.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
weird LD - I guess why ebay is such a crap shoot hey..
I would just msg them again and say what you've said to us - you're confused as to their motivation,
as you like the products and would've purchased again.
If they still don't answer, I guess they are just reactionary jerks and you will have to accept it.
40.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2009 11:51:38 PM
Author: cinnamon013
sounds like they are jerks and you wouldn''t want to buy from them anyway. In this world, reputation is everything.
ditto... Terrible without warning, I''ve blocked non paying bidders before and those that did not adhere to my listing payment and I didn''t give them any warnings but my stuff is random anyways. Your seller is in the business, so thats not professional imo and no communication?

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I talk with lots of other sellers on sellers central on ebay. Pretty much the first rule of thumb with any issues is to block the buyer. it covers all future issuse or problems. Even though your intentions were good and by no means scandalous it''s what a seller does just to "make sure". I am sure he has a BB list thats real long. I instantly block anyone who sends me a weird or odd question or anything out of the ordinary. With so many scammers and ner-do-wells(love that word..spelled right?) the BB is the way to go. Your seller I guess is just more paranoid than the rest. Even though you returned a stone, you also kept one and as a seller I would think he would want you to come back for another purchase. Selling one out of two stones is better than 0 stones. Bad one to keep off you guy''s list 415gemboss rip off..rip off..fakes..fakes..second or third name as the same seller selling fake crap..buyer beware

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Don''t mean to threadjack but checkout the person I said in the above post 415gemboss do you see the tsavorite green chrome diopside..it''s glass..he sells these all day ,long..the tanzanite...iolite..green tourmaline...simulant...I would be willing to bet most of the other stuff is glass or fake or whatever..makes me mad
38.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I think I was blocked by an ebay pearl seller once, reason being my offer was to low. I was quite preeved but got over it, maybe it''s a blessing in disguise?
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is very unusual; I’ve never heard of anyone being blocked for just 1 return.

AmGuy,
That’s terrible about 415gemboss hawking fakes. Can anything be done to get him kicked off or to stop further misrepresented sales?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 12:47:24 AM
Author: amethystguy
Don''t mean to threadjack but checkout the person I said in the above post 415gemboss do you see the tsavorite green chrome diopside..it''s glass..he sells these all day ,long..the tanzanite...iolite..green tourmaline...simulant...I would be willing to bet most of the other stuff is glass or fake or whatever..makes me mad
38.gif
Just checking out 415gemboss. At least he admits his "Extra Fine Quality Natural Libyan Desert Glass" is glass, although one suspects it has never seen the deserts of Libya. Here is his cute little story:

ORIGIN: SCIENTISTS HAVE SEVERAL THEORIES ON ORIGIN OF LIBYAN DESERT GLASS: 1. IT FORMED WHEN A COMET OR ASTEROID HIT THE DESERT IN AFRICA. 2. IT FORMED WHEN MILLION VOLTS LIGHTNING BOLTS STROKED THE SAND 3. IT FORMED BECAUSE OF THE VOLCANIC ACTIVITY. 4. IT WAS MADE BY ANCIENT EGYPTIANS AND THEN WAS INTENDED TO BE DELIVERED TO THE CAPITAL OF ROMAN EMPIRE - ROME BUT CARAVAN WITH EGYPTIAN GLASS WAS DESTROYED BY AN TREMENDOUS SAND STORM AND PRICES OF THESE GLASS ARE STILL SCATTERED ACROSS THE DESERT.

Thanks for the heads'' up, Amguy.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/22/2009 10:25:21 AM
Author: Fly Girl

Just checking out 415gemboss. At least he admits his ''Extra Fine Quality Natural Libyan Desert Glass'' is glass, although one suspects it has never seen the deserts of Libya. Here is his cute little story:

ORIGIN: SCIENTISTS HAVE SEVERAL THEORIES ON ORIGIN OF LIBYAN DESERT GLASS: 1. IT FORMED WHEN A COMET OR ASTEROID HIT THE DESERT IN AFRICA. 2. IT FORMED WHEN MILLION VOLTS LIGHTNING BOLTS STROKED THE SAND 3. IT FORMED BECAUSE OF THE VOLCANIC ACTIVITY. 4. IT WAS MADE BY ANCIENT EGYPTIANS AND THEN WAS INTENDED TO BE DELIVERED TO THE CAPITAL OF ROMAN EMPIRE - ROME BUT CARAVAN WITH EGYPTIAN GLASS WAS DESTROYED BY AN TREMENDOUS SAND STORM AND PRICES OF THESE GLASS ARE STILL SCATTERED ACROSS THE DESERT.

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Well, at least he left out the part where aliens brought it to Earth!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 1:19:03 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 6/22/2009 10:25:21 AM
Author: Fly Girl

Just checking out 415gemboss. At least he admits his ''Extra Fine Quality Natural Libyan Desert Glass'' is glass, although one suspects it has never seen the deserts of Libya. Here is his cute little story:

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Well, at least he left out the part where aliens brought it to Earth!
LOL!!! That would be the Extra Fine Quality Unnatural Libyan Desert Glass.
20.gif

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I guess you have to look at it from the seller''s point of view. What if he sold you another gem and then you were to return it again? It''s his perogative who he blocks and you never know he could have a list a mile long of people who have cost him money and now he just takes precautionary methods.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
LOL I saw the libyan glass thing but didn''t read the description. That is the same guy but a different name that has been selling this crap. He is using the same paraiba rough pics as somebody else was using under a different name. You know it''s trouble when in the desription it says "(PLEASE, NOTE THAT THE PICTURE SHOWS AN AVERAGE CRYSTAL)". He sells a few different type gemstones on there and I would hate for anybody on here to make the mistake of getting something from him. Thats why it is important to read feedback from other buyers..out of say 60 people that purchased his tsavorite green chrome diopside someone actually had there tested and found out it was glass..those other poor 59 people don''t have the means or the way to test there stones so they think they have something that is not what it is. It''s one thing if you unknowingly sell something that turns out to be fake but I am almost positive that he knows what he has. The reason I found him is I just ordered some real deal paraiba rough I plan on selling and wanted to check out the competition. This thread had to do with ebay so I threw this in just to add a little something.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I had a pretty nasty experience with an Ebay seller recently, I wouldn''t take it personally. I bet the seller is just afraid that your tastes are too discerning for his merchandise, and worried that you might return or leave negative feedback for a future item. Don''t worry about it; that''s not the kind of customer service you want to deal with anyway!

In general, I think Ebay''s feedback system is kind of..messed up. People don''t leave bad feedback for fear of getting bad feedback back or being blocked or suffering some other sort of retribution; so then, the next buyer falls for the same scam as a previous buyer. I love reading ratings on Amazon and other sites where people give honest reviews so you know what you are getting into. On Ebay, I''ve seen sellers with perfect feedback post the same exact picture of a strand of pearls and call it akoya in one listing, freshwater in another, and baby southseas in another!
20.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes I can be a jackass. You can say I like to stoke the fire or poke the bear. I had written buddy before I ever posted about it on here. I got a reply last night...in a nutshell I had said..."I was interested in your tanzanite rough and chrome diopdise but I se they have both turned out to be fakes. How can you guarantee that what I purchase won''t be fake. Do you knowingly sell these as fakes or are you ill-informed?"(in a nut-shell) Here was my response
"I have no intentions of misleading my customers. Please don''t accuse me based on those who are not satisfied with the items. Thank you for writing to me!"[endquote] I know, I know, it''s not my place to go harrassing folks but I like to consider myself the batman or spiderman of the gem world...crusader of justice, fighter of crime, he who squashes ner-do-wells(love that word again). As you can see I have lots of time on my hands especially since my camera broke last week. Damn, I gotta get out more
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Love your passion, Amguy! Troublemakers like you are great to have on our side!
9.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The Amethyst Cruzader - the new vigillante in town
3.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Defender of justice, freedom, and little old ladies with big colorful rocks on their hands......as you can see I don''t get out much anymore..it''s sad
8.gif
hey Lady I just love your avatar...did I hear someone say "Pink"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/22/2009 6:42:12 PM
Author: szh07
I had a pretty nasty experience with an Ebay seller recently, I wouldn''t take it personally. I bet the seller is just afraid that your tastes are too discerning for his merchandise, and worried that you might return or leave negative feedback for a future item. Don''t worry about it; that''s not the kind of customer service you want to deal with anyway!

In general, I think Ebay''s feedback system is kind of..messed up. People don''t leave bad feedback for fear of getting bad feedback back or being blocked or suffering some other sort of retribution; so then, the next buyer falls for the same scam as a previous buyer. I love reading ratings on Amazon and other sites where people give honest reviews so you know what you are getting into. On Ebay, I''ve seen sellers with perfect feedback post the same exact picture of a strand of pearls and call it akoya in one listing, freshwater in another, and baby southseas in another!
20.gif
I think they fixed the feedback system so that the seller is unable to leave the buyer negative feedback.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, no, Amethystguy, eBay needs you once again!

Natural Uncut Color change Garnet Loose Gemstone

Displays a medium dark vivid purplish red change to dark violetish purple color, natural strong color change

The stone weights :15.50 carats can yeild to about 10+carat
Our Price :$ 6,452.00 per ct.
Total Price : $100,000.00

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I am on the way...swoosh...
32.gif
..color change hmm..from purple to purple LOL....heck I will just by-pass that 12ct tsavorite I was looking at for this awesome color..um..change..um..garnet..just look at that saturation..so much color it almost looks black
9.gif
I will drop this person a line and get the skinney...who should I be this time as my alter-ego..the dubai business man looking for a gift for his saudi princess or maybe the Disney CEO wanting to give his daughter a graduation present...do you take american express...black card? I will have to ask if it comes with a lab reprt...LOL

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady D,
That''s a really nice colour changer - purple to purple is very rare, hence the $100K price tag.
20.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock

Here is the reply I got...

The color on this garnet is very saturated like you see in the picture and even better. The truth this stone is really unbelievable nothing can describe the unique beauty of this Garnet. You have to see it in person,if you like to see it we are located in Michigan. It does have a lab report right now but we can do that if you are really interested, . The price is negotiable."

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 1:35:17 PM

Here is the reply I got...

The color on this garnet is very saturated like you see in the picture and even better. The truth this stone is really unbelievable nothing can describe the unique beauty of this Garnet. You have to see it in person,if you like to see it we are located in Michigan. It does have a lab report right now but we can do that if you are really interested, . The price is negotiable.''

LOL! You can''t make this stuff up, can you? Better than late-night TV!

Thanks for getting the dope on that stone, Super Crusader Amethyst Guy! I think you can safely skip the trip to Michigan to check out that very saturated uniquely beautiful unbelievable Garnet.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
So your telling me I have to return my plane ticket???? damn, already did a car title loan too. Crap thats like 300% interest...the ad specifically says they will not ship and you have to pick up in person....what?? are they scared someone will buy it and not pay them 100K for it? i am going to write them back and get some more dirt...yes I am bored...

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/26/2009 11:49:04 PM
So your telling me I have to return my plane ticket???? damn, already did a car title loan too. Crap thats like 300% interest...the ad specifically says they will not ship and you have to pick up in person....what?? are they scared someone will buy it and not pay them 100K for it? i am going to write them back and get some more dirt...yes I am bored...
I would really like to see what they do if you insist on a cert. I vote for faux lab results printed on fancy paper.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 10:34:05 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 6/22/2009 6:42:12 PM

Author: szh07

20.gif

I think they fixed the feedback system so that the seller is unable to leave the buyer negative feedback.

Ahh thanks Tourmaline Lover! My foray into Ebay was brief; I thought that because after I left negative feedback for a seller, she left me a ''positive'' but wrote nasty things underneath. I assumed it was because she wanted to make it look like she leaves positives for everyone. It makes a little more sense now though.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock

Here is another reply I got back..."Hey Jason,

Welcome back.We are not going to say any thing but with all respect we do not know if your friend knows what he is talking about(note: I wrote and said my friend said it was worth like 100 dollars..I am confused as to why this cost 100,000 thousand..please help inform me as I am woefully uninformed). This Garnet is a very unique Gem, this stone is not a regular garnet we have garnets for five dollars per carat.We want you to check this website http://www.africagems.com/reg-colorchangegarnet-100.html
which we do think with all the Gem quality Garnet they carry is not close to this uncut no (facets)garnet"

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2009 10:37:37 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain

Oh, no, Amethystguy, eBay needs you once again!

Natural Uncut Color change Garnet Loose Gemstone

Displays a medium dark vivid purplish red change to dark violetish purple color, natural strong color change

The stone weights :15.50 carats can yeild to about 10+carat
Our Price :$ 6,452.00 per ct.
Total Price : $100,000.00

That''s more like a color shift, NOT a color change. A color change occurs when the color goes from one very distinct color to a very different color (like red to green). Vivid purplish red to violetish purple?? Too close in color to be a color changer in my estimation. That price is nuts!! What wool are they trying to pull over who''s eyes??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results