shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling Wish List 2020 version

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
****adding another entry****

a step cut bracelet (carre, emerald, square emerald) french cut or peruzzi cut would be great!!!

****amending previous post***

corundum can also be green in addition to the medium blue and red, mentioned previously

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, apologies to @Daisys and Diamonds as I believe I might have made a mistake about your location.

DK :oops2:

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
The only project really calling to me right now is a St. Christopher medallion, but I can’t decide quite what direction I want to go with it.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Im wanting an eternity band. Thinking the BGD Bezel Band or the WF Danielle Jazz Band. I’m inclined to go with BGD because they are 1.5 pointers vs 1 pointers in WF but need to wait and see if Brian Gavin has another sale to justify the price difference!

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
What a fun thread.

Finding what I like has been somewhat challenging during this time.

A quirky animal motif Boucheron pendant was only available in Paris. Only one piece left world wide and I needed to make a quick decision and have it shipped to me outside EU. I had only seen pictures of it and decided not to pull the trigger.

A few VCA pieces cathed my interest but needed to be special ordered and I wasn't sure if the premium and waiting time was worth it.

I was looking for a 4 carat DEF VS1 diamond and my great vendor wasn't able to find exactly what I was looking for in my set budget.

It looks like I will save quite a bit this year instead of spending it on on jewelry, handbags or RTW.

LIGemzGal

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmm, here I go for 2021. Not sure how much of this is a reality but hoping to do 1 and 2 for sure.

1. Custom cut 12 mm round black spinel halo earrings set in 18K yg (changed this from onyx I was previously considering);
2. Custom cut 7 mm pear shaped black spinel ring in bypass style w/ halo set in 18K yg. An off-shape accompaniment to the above earrings.
3. Eight separate eternity stacking rings in sapphire (pink, yellow, blue and orange) emerald, ruby and two diamond. Using 5 or 10 point size stones in each ring. All rings in 18K yg w/ u or shared prong setting.

If I hit the lottery tomorrow, this list is done within the week!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been working very hard on making conscious spending choices instead of going for the greatest next thing or best deal of the moment.

My wishes:

-reset two diamonds: ring and solitaire necklace
-gold chain bracelet (push present?)
-1ctw lab studs (November birthday?)
-pearl studs (Xmas?)

This is a far cry from the “gotta have it all” assortment I used to go for!

So I reset the diamonds. Not sure if I love the result; may be selling.

Gold chain bracelet I have decided against.

Lab diamond studs I have decided against. I’m happy with my cz.

Pearl studs: still considering. May buy after I finish my free online Pearls course :)

To add to my list: considering a lab diamond pinky ring. Oo lala!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have an ongoing wish list and a bling fund I pay into monthly. However I’m struggling to make a decision on what to buy. Did start a thread trying to decide between a pair of Tiffany earrings and vca bracelet but now I don’t know if I want either. I think this pandemic has given me analysis paralysis. I make a decision one day and change my mind the next. :cry::doh::wall:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
This will take longer than just the rest of 2020 and probably longer than 2021 too. But it's a great thread for organizing my thoughts so thank you!

1) right hand ring- lab stones (in the works)

2) sterling silver and CZ tennis necklace, possibly as a trial for a white gold and diamond one

3) lab diamond stud earrings, 2 carats total

4) jackets for above earrings

5) dangles for above earrings

6) upgrade white freshwater pearls to one top quality rope strand of small pearls and one princess length of large pearls.

7) earrings or pearl dangles to match pearl strands above

8 ) possible new setting for e-ring

9) possibly have other diamond set into bangle bracelet

10) one or more additional colored stone rings, pendants etc., lab or natural stones

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and

11) small Tahitian pearl stud earrings.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently got bit by the pearl bug so my current wishlist in pearl-centric:
1. Gem akoyas for a bubble bracelet and maybe a tin cup style chain or choker
2. More gem level Tahitian accent pearls in different colors
3. A larger Tahitian pendant. I have my eye on this one to be exact...
2022BA4C-2BEC-4812-A808-8B036A8D04AB.jpeg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Ah, I want to edit my list, deleting no. 6, 7, and 8 above. After checking my jewelry box, I decided I like what I already have better than I thought I did so no need for those upgrades.

Updated list:

1) right hand ring w/ lab stones (in the works)

2) sterling silver and CZ tennis necklace, possibly as a trial for a white gold and diamond one

6) possibly have smaller diamond re-set into bangle bracelet or RHR.

7) one or more additional colored stone rings, pendants etc., lab or natural stones

8 ) small pair of Tahitian stud earrings.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Inspired by the Bling Compensation thread, in that I have ticked off a few items from my wish list that I had a couple of years ago, so here is the updated version.

In no particular order:

1. A stand of round or semi-round blue Tahitian pearls, 13 to 14mm
2. A blue green Tourmaline in a cushion or rectangular cut
3. A medium blue Sapphire in Jeff White's Asscher cut
4. A Paraiba Tourmaline cabochon
5. A small pair of D-shape huggies with larger diamonds to be worn on their own
6. An eight-station DBTY bracelet
7. A pair of diamond earring jackets for my near 1cttw studs with larger diamonds
8. Set some of my nicer CSs
9. And if I win the lottery, a 4ct+ heart shaped diamond as a pendant!

Below are the ones on the previous wish list that I have ticked off:

1. A diamond tennis bracelet (much as I love my Berricle version, I caved in for the real thing, should be ready in about 3 months)
2. Set my mum's 1.9ct+ MRB in a bangle (should be ready soon)
3. A neon pink Sapphire as the centre stone for a diamond flower cluster ring (it will be a long time before it is set)

What's on your 2020 Bling Wish List?

DK :))

Looking back at my first post in this thread, I have completed the following:

No. 2 - a blue green Tourmaline will be cut by Jeff W, hopefully before the year is out
No. 3 - sort of completed, in that Gary at Finewater Gems has cut a beautiful Asscher cut lab Sapphire for me
No. 5 - I am hoping to have a small pair of D-shaped huggies with larger (2.5mm) Moissys made before the year is out
No. 8 - my 9mm Rubellite Tourmaline is in its final design phase, and I believe it will be set before the year is out. The next one to be set would be the blue OEC 8mm Zircon. There will be other lesser CSs to be set using Rhodium-plated Silver and Moissys.

I have purchased other blings this year not on the list, hey ho! I shall be good next year, she says! :lol-2:

LIGemzGal

Shiny_Rock
Ah, I want to edit my list, deleting no. 6, 7, and 8 above. After checking my jewelry box, I decided I like what I already have better than I thought I did so no need for those upgrades.

Updated list:

7) one or more additional colored stone rings, pendants etc., lab or natural stones

Tahitian studs are always trendy!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Updated list:

I love my berricle cz tennis bracelet. I bet their tennis necklaces are nice!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I only have a wishlist for the next 20 years:

- 4 ctw. colorless Ideal Cut Diamond Studs set into an Erika Winters Stud setting
- a pair of pear lab emeralds to have drop of the studs for special occasions - a pair of pear lab sapphires in a light color to have drop of the studs for special occasions
- 6-7 carat Antique Emerald MMD cut by Yoram with a very slight pinkish or blueish hue. Set with step cut bullet sidestones from Steven Kirsch or VC.
- an old mine lab ruby with a diamond halo of small old mine cut diamonds - not sure whom to set it with yet
- a slim (2mm) Victor Canera French pavé diamond eternity band - not sure if single cut or brilliant cut
- a 5 stone lab AVC diamond Band 2.5 ctw. Set by David Klaas
- a 5-6 carat MMD AVC with a slight pinkish brownish hue set in a white diamond Victor Canera Emilya (which isn’t possible as VC doesn’t work on AVCs :( )
- 3 carat light green diamond or probably gemstone (mint garnet) -
Cut in the old mine style - set into a VC Emilya
- anything that JAR has made

That would be all :)

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I love this list idea so thanks again, dk. Much better to consider the gaps in what I already have etc. than just grab whatever pretty candy catches my eye.

On further reflection, I'd be happy with 2 ct. moissanite studs rather than lab diamonds, which reduces the cost from about $2,000 to $600.

I also resolved a jewelry issue for now, about an important occasion that might be coming up. I realized (duh) that I need to first know what I'll be wearing, so whatever I buy (or already have) will go with the neckline and color of my dress and etc.

I just might get through my whole list by the end of 2021. :)

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Tahitian studs are always trendy!

Definitely. I have a couple of pairs of them (greedy sea urchin!) but the small ones were my everyday casual go-to pair, until I lost one of them. Which is also why I'm also thinking that moissanite stud earrings will be better for me than mined or lab diamonds. I should not spend too much because I lose things.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pictures! :kiss2:

I can't view the pics without creating an account! :confused2:

I have seen their pieces featured in auctions, definitely drool worthy!

Anyone else trawl the auction sites for bling drooling and inspirations?

I love trawling through the catalogues of Christie's, and had been to two of their pre-sale exhibitions of their Magnificent Jewels sales in HK in November, to ogle as well as to try on pieces that were beyond my wildest dreams!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@dk168 I shared photos in that thread from the JAR exhibit. If you scroll down the thread you can see them.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 I shared photos in that thread from the JAR exhibit. If you scroll down the thread you can see them.

Ooo, thanks for that, going back to look.

LIGemzGal

Shiny_Rock

I have seen their pieces featured in auctions, definitely drool worthy!

Anyone else trawl the auction sites for bling drooling and inspirations?

I love trawling through the catalogues of Christie's, and had been to two of their pre-sale exhibitions of their Magnificent Jewels sales in HK in November, to ogle as well as to try on pieces that were beyond my wildest dreams!

I troll the Christies auction site quite frequently. I also keep going back and looking at Liz Taylor's jewels!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I troll the Christies auction site quite frequently. I also keep going back and looking at Liz Taylor's jewels!

Her collection was one of the best ever, along with the one that belonged to the Duchess of Windsor IMHO.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I would like to put the upgraded white pearls back onto my 2020 wish list because I just accidentally bought some. Can't wait! I (accidentally!) ordered a strand of 10-11mm white metallic Edison pearls. And white metallic Edison drop pearl earrings of the same size. Whoopsie! (Or is it "Whoopie?")

Anyway, if anyone needs me, now I'll remain in jewelry jail 'til Easter.

Sorry no photos until they arrive because the listings are automatically removed from the site when purchased. But they are from Pearlescence in the UK.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results