shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling Wish List 2020 version

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Inspired by the Bling Compensation thread, in that I have ticked off a few items from my wish list that I had a couple of years ago, so here is the updated version.

In no particular order:

1. A stand of round or semi-round blue Tahitian pearls, 13 to 14mm
2. A blue green Tourmaline in a cushion or rectangular cut
3. A medium blue Sapphire in Jeff White's Asscher cut
4. A Paraiba Tourmaline cabochon
5. A small pair of D-shape huggies with larger diamonds to be worn on their own
6. An eight-station DBTY bracelet
7. A pair of diamond earring jackets for my near 1cttw studs with larger diamonds
8. Set some of my nicer CSs
9. And if I win the lottery, a 4ct+ heart shaped diamond as a pendant!

Below are the ones on the previous wish list that I have ticked off:

1. A diamond tennis bracelet (much as I love my Berricle version, I caved in for the real thing, should be ready in about 3 months)
2. Set my mum's 1.9ct+ MRB in a bangle (should be ready soon)
3. A neon pink Sapphire as the centre stone for a diamond flower cluster ring (it will be a long time before it is set)

What's on your 2020 Bling Wish List?

DK :))

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @dk168 for making me to organize my thoughts and notes finally! We have only less than 6 months left till the beginning of 2021.
So here is the wish list I made today. Will stick to it until everything is done (I hope).

To set what I already have (shown on the picture attached): IMG_1311'.JPG
1 green, smaller - a ring for me;
1 green, bigger - a ring for my daughter;
a pair and a bigger one (greener and very sparkly IRL) - a ring and earrings for my older grand daughter's 2nd Birthday in September. Here is the setting for the ring https://www.etsy.com/listing/647155466/antique-style-semi-mount-diamond-blue?ref=cart I didn't decide on the other settings yet. All stones are Russian demantoids from 0.52 to 0.93cts (hopefully all are untreated, will get AGL briefs for them or pay a visit to our local office http://www.jewelry-appraisal.com/index.htm - Nancy Stacy, later).

To buy one round ~1ct rubellite and several small sparkling Russian demantoids (~0.3ct each) and set them in a flower cluster ring (mine!)

To buy a pair of medium blue round, heat only, Montana sapphires, ~1.2ct total weight, and give them to my daughter (for her studs).

To buy more loose stones: 0.5-1.0cts Russian demantoids (mine!), ~2ct neon yellow chrysoberyl (for younger grand daughter), ~1.5ct medium blue untreated Sri Lankan sapphire (for older grand daughter).

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 you know I'm gonna wait with bated breath for you to win the lottery & buy that heart pendant right?

The reality is more likely to be a Moissy one that I can afford! :lol-2:

However, thanks in advance! :))

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Graff has such a perfect heart pendant (along with other heart jewelry). Sometimes I go online & look & get wistful.
Hey maybe we can both win & go shop together!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I actually just put one together yesterday!

1. DBTY/Diamond Station Necklace in 18K Yellow Gold (TBD on carat)
2. Round Solitaire Pendant Necklace in 18K Yellow Gold (0.5-1ct)
3. Cartier Ballon Bleu Watch with Diamond Bezel
4. Cartier Love Bracelet in 18K Yellow Gold with Diamonds
5. Diamond Tennis Bracelet likely in Platinum unless it's too heavy (7ct+ tw)
6. 3ct tw Diamond Studs in 4-prong Basket setting in Platinum
7. Diamond Pear Drop Earrings in Platinum (could be a jacket to go with my studs, pear to be 2-4ct tw)
8. Marquise and Pear Diamond Cluster Floral Drop Earrings in Platinum
9. 3-5ct Emerald Cut Alternate in Platinum Engagement Ring
10. 3-Stone Cushion with Round Side Stone in 18K Yellow Gold Alternate Engagement Ring (TBD on carat)
11. Vintage-inspired Large Halo Alternate in Yellow or Rose Gold Alternate Engagement Ring
12. 2 Diamonds in an Open Bangle in Yellow Gold (TBD on carat and 14K or 18K for durability)
13. Tassel Necklace in Yellow Gold
14. Diamond Chandelier Earrings in Platinum (maybe the ear hook part is platinum and the rest is 18K white gold to reduce weight if too heavy, TBD on ct tw)
15. Diamond Bangle in Platinum unless it's too heavy
16. Black Opal Oval and Diamond Halo Ring
17. Pink Diamond Ring (TBD on specs)

It'll cost around $300K to buy all that (excluding the pink diamond ring), around $50K for my top items. I probably will never get there, rather continue to invest, donate to worthy causes, and spend on experiences and a few luxury things (fashion and cars).

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

7. Diamond Pear Drop Earrings in Platinum (could be a jacket to go with my studs, pear to be 2-4ct tw)
10. 3-Stone Cushion with Round Side Stone in 18K Yellow Gold Alternate Engagement Ring (TBD on carat)
11. Vintage-inspired Large Halo Alternate in Yellow or Rose Gold Alternate Engagement Ring
12. 2 Diamonds in an Open Bangle in Yellow Gold (TBD on carat and 14K or 18K for durability)
14. Diamond Chandelier Earrings in Platinum (maybe the ear hook part is platinum and the rest is 18K white gold to reduce weight if too heavy, TBD on ct tw)

It'll cost around $300K to buy all that (excluding the pink diamond ring), around $50K for my top items. I probably will never get there, rather continue to invest, donate to worthy causes, and spend on experiences and a few luxury things (fashion and cars).

That's a sizable list!

And I hope you will tick off some of these items in the not to distant future!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

This list is so well thought out and amazing. I only put the things I was working on for immediate future. Now I must go refine my list lol

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s my forever list.
1. 2 diamond oval shaped bangles 5 ctw each.
2. Rose Gold AP Watch 33mm or RG Balloon Watch 36mm.
3.VCA RG perlee Bracelet
4. Anitako diamond leaf necklace RG
5. Diamond Riveria necklace
6. 4 cttw pear solitaire
7.2 VCA 5 motif Alhambra bracelets

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I have just gotten a dedicated bling account and am super excited to get started on some things to fill my new wall jewelry cabinet. The bling account came to be after reading another PSers guilt over buying herself jewelry in secret. While I run finances at our house and have no problem buying for our home or kids I had a mental block when purchasing anything pricey for just myself. Since I am a SAHM I would ask my DH when I wanted to purchase something for myself other than costume jewelry - it didn't happen very often and he always said yes but I realized I would like to be able to get things when I wanted to without having to ask. DH has a discretionary spending account with a weekly deposit - this keeps it to a reasonable amount that we have agreed to so that free spending on non-essentials doesn't get out of hand. I didn't have one for myself since I deem what I purchase as essential and am the more mindful of budget between us. Having my own account dedicated to spending on frivolity is a real treat after many years of being very budget minded. It feels lavish and I am grateful for the ability to do so. The following would be in fine jewelry metal but likely won't all be diamonds - I'm ok with fine CZ jewelry.

I like vintage Edwardian or Art Deco style so that is what most of these will be

1)Reset for my engagement diamond (this has just happened and I will be starting a thread once I take some nice photos)
2)Alternate engagement ring with emerald accents (working on it now)
3)Ruby and diamond earrings
4)August Vintage Moissanite Antique Emerald 8+ carats
5)Eternity band
6)Siberian Amethyst ring
7)Opal Ring
8)Yellow gold set - I only have white now - to switch it up
9)Cognac Moissanite in yellow gold
10)Pear drop earrings (like Oprah)
11)Solitaire pendent necklace to replace one that was lost
12)Art Deco onyx and diamond ring
13)Replacement center stone for my anniversary ring probably yellow sapphire since I now have too many red rings

That's just to start - I have a healthy budget and a bargain hunters mindset but I'm guessing that list will take more than a year to fulfill. There will always be things that I see and go - I want that! But this is my current list of what I am actively looking to purchase.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This is a fun thread, I was thinking about this as I was lying in bed at night (was I dreaming? LOL) . Some of these projects I expect will definitely be 2021 and beyond, since I replaced my e-ring entirely this year...although I know I will be desperate for a stacking band or two!

I will keep this to the things I know I want to complete my jewelry "basics" and everyday pieces, no clue what order this will be in. Will depend on life's twists and turns!

1. Two toned platinum / 18k YG stacking band with a floral motif, inspired loosely by this van craynest orange blossom band
1599233458970.png
2. Art nouveau inspired 18k YG setting for my lovely vibrant blue sapphire for my RHR! I love this one from Dolly - except I will probably set mine EW and it will be far smaller!

3. Bright cut pave platinum stacking band with single cuts, OEC melee, or this one with unheated sapphires from Enhoerning
1599236996797.png

4. OEC platinum bezel studs, ~1tcw, F-H color

5. Recut my original 2ct early round brilliant into an OEC (it is not the best cut, the clarity isn't great it is somewhat lifeless) - and set in a milgrained bezel pendant

6. These small YG huggie hoops from Studio metals just like my palladium ones for my "yellow" set!

7. A platinum french cut eternity - approx 2ctw, 2.2-2.4 wide :kiss2:

Future "dream" projects:
  • Gift sapphire (or some other gemstone pendants) to my mom and sister, my mom when she retires, my sister likely for a milestone bday or engagement gift
  • I would love to own a red stone RHR alternate, like a gorgeous sleepy ruby or neon reddish spinel
  • have a modest pile of engraved vintage gold and platinum stacking bands
  • a pair of bezel set sapphire studs
  • set my chrysoprase with brown diamond halo, or something "funky" and inspired by the American west, where it came from
  • Something with an ouroborous - the snake eating its tail has always mystified me as a symbol, perhaps a band or something I would incorporate into my "red stone RHR" project...;)2
  • Lagoon tourmaline earrings that match my soul-cat's eyes - I know she will pass eventually, I would love to have her "looking back at me" when i see my face in the mirror when she is gone - i suspect this will be a commemoration project when that day comes, hopefully eons from now

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My list is simple and may not be realized because I have so much bling I cannot wear most of it.

1. Diamond Tennis necklace. 15" and delicate with 4 pointers. Platinum.
I literally have more than 20 beautiful necklaces. Ask when I wear necklaces. Hardly ever. Ask me why I want a tennis necklace. IDK. :lol:

2. Diamond studs. I am a dangly earring girl. Mainly antique earrings. I already have MRB studs from BN. They are just over 8mm in diameter with the diamond micropave halo. BN does not make these earrings anymore. I love them. But for some reason I have an urge for bigger diamond studs. Though I wear my dangles way more than I wear studs. Though with the mask wearing studs are easier. Anyway the heart wants what the heart wants for now at least. And if bigger diamond studs come my way who am I to complain? ;-)
As for OEC vs MRB studs I have not decided. I want bright and beautiful so whichever fits that criteria. For OEC studs I would need large to appeciate the facets and my budget might not allow for that so I am open to whichever I can get that are large and white and bright. For studs and a tennis necklace I need white.

That's it. That is all that is on my wishlist for the next year or so. Somewhere past that timeframe I also want to reset Bubbalah but further down the road when life calms down re the pandemic at least.

Happy bling hunting lovelies. Enjoy and please share the fruits of your blingy labor. :)

Here are my inspiration photos.

diamondtennisnecklaceonneck.png

My studs are really beautiful and white and bright but for some reason I have an urge for larger. Not sure how long that urge will last but time will tell.
Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 6.42.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 6.42.38 AM.png

ean

Brilliant_Rock
My list is simple and may not be realized because I have so much bling I cannot wear most of it.

1. Diamond Tennis necklace. 15" and delicate with 4 pointers. Platinum.
I literally have more than 20 beautiful necklaces. Ask when I wear necklaces. Hardly ever. Ask me why I want a tennis necklace. IDK. :lol:

2. Diamond studs. I am a dangly earring girl. Mainly antique earrings. I already have MRB studs from BN. They are just over 8mm in diameter with the diamond micropave halo. BN does not make these earrings anymore. I love them. But for some reason I have an urge for bigger diamond studs. Though I wear my dangles way more than I wear studs. Though with the mask wearing studs are easier. Anyway the heart wants what the heart wants for now at least. And if bigger diamond studs come my way who am I to complain? ;-)
As for OEC vs MRB studs I have not decided. I want bright and beautiful so whichever fits that criteria. For OEC studs I would need large to appeciate the facets and my budget might not allow for that so I am open to whichever I can get that are large and white and bright. For studs and a tennis necklace I need white.

That's it. That is all that is on my wishlist for the next year or so. Somewhere past that timeframe I also want to reset Bubbalah but further down the road when life calms down re the pandemic at least.

Happy bling hunting lovelies. Enjoy and please share the fruits of your blingy labor. :)

Here are my inspiration photos.

diamondtennisnecklaceonneck.png

My studs are really beautiful and white and bright but for some reason I have an urge for larger. Not sure how long that urge will last but time will tell.
Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 6.42.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 6.42.38 AM.png

Those earrings look perfect on you! :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reactions: Kya

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy how about studs with interchangeable jackets, like halos with or without drops, or halos jackets with detachable drops?

DK :Up_to_something:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy how about studs with interchangeable jackets, like halos with or without drops, or halos jackets with detachable drops?

DK :Up_to_something:

Thanks for the suggestion DK. First things first. Gotta find some beautiful bright white studs I can afford. :kiss:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the suggestion DK. First things first. Gotta find some beautiful bright white studs I can afford. :kiss:

Lab ones?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lab ones?

Thinking about it but not sure. It’s a mind clean thing but I could get over that if the price was right ;-)

Though for 2 plus carat weight total the price isn’t as amazing as one might think.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Thinking about it but not sure. It’s a mind clean thing but I could get over that if the price was right ;-)

Though for 2 plus carat weight total the price isn’t as amazing as one might think.

Larger studs will be so versatile and classic! In these COVID times, treat yourself!!

With recent world events and global warming, I've thought a lot more about earth mined vs. lab diamonds. Even though I prefer earth mined, I'm considering going lab only moving forward due to the environmental impact of earth mined. Just something to consider, lab mined could be more mind clean!!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@missy i hope you find the perfect tennis necklace, it is such a gorgeous look!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a simple list as I am pretty happy with what I have now!
1. A 16 inch DBTY necklace in white gold or platinum with at least 5 stations and 20 point or larger stones.
I have my eye on a pre loved one but the price is a little high.
2. A 1 carat or larger OEC or transitional solitaire diamond pendant. I am enjoying the search!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
1. I need to set a loose opal that I have in a nice pendant setting
2. Tennis bracelet in platinum

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@missy reset bubbalah?! Ho? I'm a bit in shock bec she seems so fabulous as is. I'm curious what you have in mind as a reset.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have ticked off No. 2 a blue green Tourmaline in an emerald cut off the list, only started to pay for it in installment as I still have other stones to pay for in the queue.

Given the astronomical gold prices currently I don’t think I can justify any bling purchases this year. Maybe I’ll do two next year to make up for it :D

I think my next goal would be some cool colored stone earrings, or a daily pendant - I wasn’t really a pendant/necklace person, but I’m coming around to it - since it’s such a classic, but I might wait a little longer for that one. I’d also like something fun and “casual-statement” - either a bracelet or a multi-finger ring, nothing too expensive, but that’s just something that I’ll buy when I see it and not something I plan to commission because it’s really supposed to be a “cafe with my friends” piece.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a very simple list...
1. I would like to upgrade my ACA from an I to G early next year.
2. Set the upgraded ACA into a tbd setting by DK...possibly making the same setting Libby is in now...and resetting my 2.03 (Libby) into something else. She’s perfect to me now so not sure I should do that. I like small diamond solitaire pendants so that’s out. It would be too big for me...
3. Making a solitaire bangle with my 1 carat lab diamond.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Love love love bling wish lists!!! So interesting to read. Here goes:

An 18kt band to go with my AVR ring. Something with milgrain.

I've always wanted a slender carved band as a pinky ring in platinum. Beautiful carving/engraving.

A pair of wee diamond studs to go in some of the piercings.

I'll likely just do the wedding band for financial reasons tho :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been working very hard on making conscious spending choices instead of going for the greatest next thing or best deal of the moment.

My wishes:

-reset two diamonds: ring and solitaire necklace
-gold chain bracelet (push present?)
-1ctw lab studs (November birthday?)
-pearl studs (Xmas?)

This is a far cry from the “gotta have it all” assortment I used to go for!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
My wish list:
BGD Dream eternity band
HPD tennis bracelet 5-10 carats (quite a range but I really haven't figured what size I'd like :lol:)
Upsize ering to 1.8 ct F/G, current ering is 1.17 G BGD

The eternity band might happen this year, but I have a feeling the tennis bracelet and upsize diamond will take a few years and that is ok. I am very grateful for everything and this year has been quite blingy for me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results