shape
carat
color
clarity

BLING Foresight By Proxy

Do you ever just KNOW someone is going to regret their latest project/re-set/purchase?

• MAYBE, Just let me see the results dammmmmit

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've posted not-so-veiled warnings in the past.

It's usually not something to do with matters of style or taste, but rather quality/workmanship/etc. For instance, someone choosing to go with a not-so-highly-regarded vendor for a very intricate piece, I'll offer up the downsides to that decision.

But choosing to create a piece that I may find unattractive? Nah, I usually don't bother to form an opinion on it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 5:47:08 PM
Author: musey
I''ve posted not-so-veiled warnings.
Me too.

Gypsy, thanks.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I think there are people who find the chase of a project more fun than when that project is actually completed and they should be enjoying that piece.

I'm like Maise in that my diamond has been set and reset more times in the last 14 months than any diamond should be. It's been OFF my finger more than it's been ON. I'm not an indecisive person normally so having this many setting changes surprises my husband and a close friend. I don't know if it's me getting older, maturity, or finally realizing that this is one mo'fo expensive hobby
2.gif
and that it needs to stop. And I finally know what I want, what I love, what fits my lifestyle & budget, and will get it and be done with my wedding set. So my chase is over.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 5:43:56 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Ha Deco, that''s probably not a bad idea.

There are some people on PS who genuinely look to others for direction and come up with a great project with all the collaboration. Then there are two other types.

1.) ''What do you think of this idea? But I like this idea! I don''t care what you think, I''m going ahead with this idea! What do you mean I only posted for positive reinforcement? You''re rude!''

2.) ''What do you think of this idea? Really? Yeah, I guess. Ooh, I like that idea too! Oh, and you too, thanks, I like that idea too! What a cool idea, I love that idea! I have no idea WTF I want. And none of you are ever really going to help me, because in reality, I''m kind of like person #1 above.

When people have an itch, they are going to scratch it. And no amount of calamine lotion offered by a kindly person is going to curb it.
Yes! I remember one poster who posted items about their wedding, specifically to get opinions. Not only did she not like the mostly negative opinions that were given to her, but she snubbed the suggestions that were given that were fantastic! She said she was never coming back to PriceScope but was posting again within hours, lol.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remember that too, feb
3.gif
lol (we psers have long memories...
11.gif
9.gif
)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 6:30:39 PM
Author: musey
I remember that too, feb
3.gif
lol (we psers have long memories...
11.gif
9.gif
)

Ah, yes.

I haven''t really hung around RT long enough to really figure out what will work/what won''t. But if I could see something that might go wrong (and if I can see it, I figure most people can) I would try to post it. I''d try to be nice, but I''d say something.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results