shape
carat
color
clarity

Blind Faith

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccost

Rough_Rock
Hi All!
Thank you so much in assisting me during this process - I'm so happy I found this site!!!
Now, I have the following diamond on hold at Blue Nile:
From the GIA cert:
Round Brilliant
Measurement: 7.47-7.53x4.57mm
Weight: 1.55 carat
Depth: 60.9%
Table: 56%
Girdle: Medium, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish/Symmetry: EX/EX
Clarity Grade: VS2
Color: G
Flourescence: None

From the Sarin Report:
depth 61.1 (why is this different than above??)
crown: 34.7
pavil: 40.8
table: 56
culet: .6 (very small)
girdle: 1.3%

The inclusions are a couple of feathers (at the bottom of the stone)and a cloud and crystal (looks like somewhere near the girdle from the picture)
The price is about 13700

I've done a lot of research and tried to maximize cut, and go for the best stone VS2, G or better. I also like blue nile for the same reasons several other readers on this board do - their website is the best 'looking' I've found. I've read that VS2 is usually pretty good - will the fact that the inclusions are where they are make it a 'better' VS2?
How about color - this I'm a little concerned with - are all G's ok to be mounted on platinum?
I guess I would just like some reassurance that the above ring will be good for the money...its difficult buying without seeing!
Thank you all in advance!

ccost

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to bump to see if anyone can offer any advice -not sure how long I can keep this stone on hold.
Thanks so much!

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
Plugged in the numbers to the HCA and got a very nice 1.3.

A VS2 is very respectable and you should not notice any inclusions. No worries there. My VS1 stone has inclustions near the edge, which I'll have placed under a prong when I get it set. So I felt that these type were better, because I could hide them. I'm not big on inclusions in the table, but I wouldn't turn down a stone becaues of it.

G is still a very good color, best of the near colorless. I don't think you should worry about having it set in plat, but some people are sticklers for color. If you are, look for a whiter stone or one with floresence.

The stone does sound nice though.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The diamond sounds like it could be a good deal. I ran a comparison search on Pricescope and found the following three. The first one is cheaper than your stone by $1000 and is a branded H&A SuperbCert so it should be pretty stunning. The other 2 are SuperbCert A Cut Above SuperIdeals which are amazing looking stones. They are inline with the BN pricing.

Blue Nile is a great, very mainstream site but sometimes their pricing can be a little inflated. With a little extra knowledge, if you are interested, you may be able to up the quality of your stone for the same price with one of the SuperbCert stones.

Or if you love the BN stone, sounds like it is inline with regular pricing and the HCA score is very good. They just don't have the type of reporting that some of the other vendors do (e.g. Brilliancescope images, enlarged photos of the stone, etc).

On your comments about the Sarin depth, that is not unusual for the reporting to be off a tad. Don't worry about a G set in platinum, mine is in platinum and it's icy white. G is still very nearly colorless. I posted pix of my stone about a week ago on a thread called 'Pictures of my ring..finally' if you want to take a peek. Many people set H and some I stones in plat with no problems also. So with G you are more than fine.

Good luck whatever you choose!
1.gif

http://search.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1012/v.cgi?stock=289681&_s=1012&_p=sdf348gd743&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=

1.5 G VS2 $12427

SuperbCert Ideal Hearts and Arrows

http://www.whiteflash.com/acut/diamond_details.asp?ItemCode=353542

1.55 G VS2 $13452

SuperbCert A Cut Above SuperIdeal H&A

http://www.whiteflash.com/acut/diamond_details.asp?ItemCode=353544

1.56 G VS2 $13537

SuperbCert A Cut Above SuperIdeal H&A

Sierra Nevada

Rough_Rock
Sounds very nice. If you need reassurance here it is, you are getting a good deal. Yes, there may be a better deal out there but this isn't bad. G is a very good place to be, most mall stores sell H and below. Only you can decide when it's good enough and it is time to do the deed.

Blue Nile has an excellent return policy, so you should see what your own two eyes tell you. If it doesn't meet your expectations, then send it back.

ccost

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the advice! Thats what I needed to hear!
Mara - great pics!!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Sound very, very nice to me! The price is good too!

Giangi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results