shape
carat
color
clarity

Birthday Emerald... now to decide on setting it

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I've been following a few different sellers on IG for the longest time to find *the* emerald for my birthday. Not a landmark birthday this year but I figured why not treat myself :lol: After hemming and hawing, having a reputable IG seller scoff at my budget, and getting ghosted by another seller, I finally found my emerald! :kiss2: I think a few PS-ers have purchased from this seller and they carry a wide range of emeralds. At first I had my eye set on a bigger emerald, changed my mind and asked for a deeper green emerald I had asked about years ago that had already sold, and then Natalie showed me an emerald that was similar to it but smaller. I swear I must have asked her to show me comparison videos of 12371093 emeralds. But I kept going back to the one she showed me that was similar to the original emerald I liked years ago, and I finally pulled the trigger. It's not the biggest emerald out there but it is glowy as heck indoors without artificial light, and even under the awful orangey light I have. Haven't taken it outside as my neighbor is cutting his yard and it's allergy season here in Texas (well it's always allergy season in this city anyway).

Lots of photos ahead! Indoors (daytime) without the orangey overhead light.
460FBB78-CE80-47C0-835C-EA90D4169B83.jpeg

Indoors again (only diffused daylight). I stuck the emerald on a bit of white putty to see how it'll look like on my finger.
450CB930-AC88-4B3E-826D-AFAC0DF42F06.jpeg

Now some orangey light shots
43B89528-D664-4FA7-85F3-E35F6B7F8F3C.jpeg 784D7A71-CE30-4910-AC86-F2FA143D0D04.jpeg 27BFA49E-A5BB-4FC0-927A-149AA274840F.jpeg

Finally a group shot of the emerald ring I got from xobijoux (that I'm selling), a small but glowy emerald from Mastercut Gems, and my new emerald from JR Colombian
3CA936C9-FC20-495F-8FD9-035A4A0BF19F.jpeg EB3BC818-4828-464E-8F48-6471D4CFCE74.jpeg

Can't wait to set it. I'm undecided between a 3-stone set up like this design from CVB or this other design from CVB. Or put it in a halo setting so i get more finger coverage (i'm a size queen). I'm definitely all for any suggestions on how to set this!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I've been following a few different sellers on IG for the longest time to find *the* emerald for my birthday. Not a landmark birthday this year but I figured why not treat myself :lol: After hemming and hawing, having a reputable IG seller scoff at my budget, and getting ghosted by another seller, I finally found my emerald! :kiss2: I think a few PS-ers have purchased from this seller and they carry a wide range of emeralds. At first I had my eye set on a bigger emerald, changed my mind and asked for a deeper green emerald I had asked about years ago that had already sold, and then Natalie showed me an emerald that was similar to it but smaller. I swear I must have asked her to show me comparison videos of 12371093 emeralds. But I kept going back to the one she showed me that was similar to the original emerald I liked years ago, and I finally pulled the trigger. It's not the biggest emerald out there but it is glowy as heck indoors without artificial light, and even under the awful orangey light I have. Haven't taken it outside as my neighbor is cutting his yard and it's allergy season here in Texas (well it's always allergy season in this city anyway).

Indoors again (only diffused daylight). I stuck the emerald on a bit of white putty to see how it'll look like on my finger.

43B89528-D664-4FA7-85F3-E35F6B7F8F3C.jpeg 784D7A71-CE30-4910-AC86-F2FA143D0D04.jpeg 27BFA49E-A5BB-4FC0-927A-149AA274840F.jpeg

Finally a group shot of the emerald ring I got from xobijoux (that I'm selling), a small but glowy emerald from Mastercut Gems, and my new emerald from JR Colombian
3CA936C9-FC20-495F-8FD9-035A4A0BF19F.jpeg EB3BC818-4828-464E-8F48-6471D4CFCE74.jpeg

Can't wait to set it. I'm undecided between a 3-stone set up like this design from CVB or this other design from CVB. Or put it in a halo setting so i get more finger coverage (i'm a size queen). I'm definitely all for any suggestions on how to set this!

Beautiful stone, may I ask what IG seller, I am looking as well?

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stone, may I ask what IG seller, I am looking as well?

Of course! JR Colombian on IG (https://www.instagram.com/colombianemeralds/). Good luck! They've been posting prices on their IG stories which I appreciate since I hate asking about prices from IG sellers generally and getting a mini heart attack sometimes. They offered to set it for me too (they have diamond side stones which was nice) but I like seeing a stone in person first to get a feel of how I'd like to set it.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
That’s a tough one!! I love the first one. But if you want more coverage (and that’s why you’re selling the oval correct?) then a halo seems the way to go. DK is doing a three stone emerald for me right now and I’m excited!!

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
That’s a tough one!! I love the first one. But if you want more coverage (and that’s why you’re selling the oval correct?) then a halo seems the way to go. DK is doing a three stone emerald for me right now and I’m excited!!

Great point about the finger coverage and the oval halo. Thinking about it now, I realize I like non-halo settings better. The biggest thing about the oval was that the band was too dainty for me. I have fat fingers and realized that thicker or tapered bands work best.

p/s is that your kitty in your profile pic? i love tuxedo kitties! reminds me of my first cat who really wasn't my cat but the neighbor's. he'd spend most of the afternoons at ours then head off home in the evenings.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Great point about the finger coverage and the oval halo. Thinking about it now, I realize I like non-halo settings better. The biggest thing about the oval was that the band was too dainty for me. I have fat fingers and realized that thicker or tapered bands work best.

p/s is that your kitty in your profile pic? i love tuxedo kitties! reminds me of my first cat who really wasn't my cat but the neighbor's. he'd spend most of the afternoons at ours then head off home in the evenings.

Yes I have two cats and the tuxedo is one of them :)

Well I don’t think you can go wrong with the CVB setting.

Wow what a gorgeous shade of green. And how amazing that it holds it color so well in all kinds of lighting :kiss2: Definitely made a great choice there, OP! I am no help with settng ideas. Obviously I love me a 3-stone. But I also think a cluster of chunky white diamonds surrounding a green emerald is one of the prettiest combos ever.

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I'm just going to echo everyone else's comments and recommend that chunkier design over the 3 stone. It's a unique design and I don't see it often

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
I have chubby fingers and have a “bigger the better” metality, too. I like the Sierra by CvB — a three stone with some chunky metal can give it more finger presence, and the wider shank and band will feel more substantial. I know halos help take up more real estate but your new stone is such a nice, glowy color that I think you should let it shine with a classic design. Plus, an emerald encased in yellow gold is just to die for. Maybe she can do a wide, brushed bezel of high-karat yellow gold around the center stone to give it a few more mm of coverage in each direction.

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
I have chubby fingers and have a “bigger the better” metality, too. I like the Sierra by CvB — a three stone with some chunky metal can give it more finger presence, and the wider shank and band will feel more substantial. I know halos help take up more real estate but your new stone is such a nice, glowy color that I think you should let it shine with a classic design. Plus, an emerald encased in yellow gold is just to die for. Maybe she can do a wide, brushed bezel of high-karat yellow gold around the center stone to give it a few more mm of coverage in each direction.

Yes, yes, yes 1,000,000 times yes. High karat yellow gold against emerald is just the best contrast. It's timeless and reminds me of Milan high fashion. It works with other green stones, too, like these malachites,
1620501427051.png will

but the grass green of @fantapanda 's emerald with that extra rich yellow gold would be to die for!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results