shape
carat
color
clarity

bill bray - and anyone else...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/4/2007 3:01:21 PM
Author: strmrdr

If AGS goes too tight on what a great stone is then yea it might somewhat happen.
If they do that at least one person will reject the grading (me).

They have stated that a wide range of looks will be allowed to get the top grade so time will tell.
There will also always be a small market for the traditional antique style asschers.
Not sure what you might have heard to make you think that this is in the works, but as of last I heard the square emerald cuts have already been decided and there are a large number of options that make the grade, including that beauty with the 45% table that I posted last year. It was cut by an Indian company to one of those weird combinations that don''t exist much in the real world because of the loss of weight in cutting them.

Posted again for your viewing pleasure, I wish I had been offered the oportunity to buy this stone, it is SUCH a beauty. Actual photo, no photoshopping to show the incredible dispersion of this gem of an asscher.

Wink

Emerald_Pic_1-resized.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is the ASET 30 and 40 degree obstruction with the fire metric face up and at a 5 degree tilt.

Wink

emerald-45-table30_40.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 1:45:23 PM
Author: Wink

Date: 2/4/2007 3:01:21 PM
Author: strmrdr

If AGS goes too tight on what a great stone is then yea it might somewhat happen.
If they do that at least one person will reject the grading (me).

They have stated that a wide range of looks will be allowed to get the top grade so time will tell.
There will also always be a small market for the traditional antique style asschers.
Not sure what you might have heard to make you think that this is in the works, but as of last I heard the square emerald cuts have already been decided and there are a large number of options that make the grade, including that beauty with the 45% table that I posted last year. It was cut by an Indian company to one of those weird combinations that don''t exist much in the real world because of the loss of weight in cutting them.

Posted again for your viewing pleasure, I wish I had been offered the oportunity to buy this stone, it is SUCH a beauty. Actual photo, no photoshopping to show the incredible dispersion of this gem of an asscher.

Wink
wow wink, that is truly stupendous!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results