shape
carat
color
clarity

Biggest size for daily wear?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean true friends wouldn’t judge you. Or you should just ignore it. If you want to continue being friends with them, maybe you will just need to accept that they will judge but not let that deter you from doing what you want, which is WEAR your gorgeous bling. I think some of my friends do judge me. I don’t care. Just don’t say it to my face. I don’t want to hear it. One of my very close girlfriends thinks that I am being materialistic when I spend money on bling. She still loves me and cares about me. But nothing she says or thinks will change what I do. And she’s respectful of me. She doesn’t intrude or tell me her opinions on a regular basis. She just rolls her eyes when she knows I spend time and money looking at and buying bling. That’s fine. I can live with an eye roll. I think she’s crazy for sky diving.
It jut makes me sad you aren’t living authentically around them by repressing your own desires. These are supposed to be your friends.
Thanks..I know I’m wrong but I’m almost embarrassed that I want more bling when I already have a lot. My husband finds it comical when I pull out my jewelry roll and I play with my jewelry trying to decide what to wear that day. My friends would see that as greedy I think..or entitled..

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks..I know I’m wrong but I’m almost embarrassed that I want more bling when I already have a lot. My husband finds it comical when I pull out my jewelry roll and I play with my jewelry trying to decide what to wear that day. My friends would see that as greedy I think..or entitled..

Eh. People who think that of you arent really friends. My friends might tease me for how much I spend on jewelery but I can always argue that I don’t spend money on clothes, shoes, cars, electronics or brand name anything else! And the money I put towards gems at least holds values much better than those items. :p many of my friends buy 4$ Starbucks, eat out daily, or Uber everywhere. I drink water, meal prep, and walk or take the public transit anytime I can. I have about 10 outfits I wear per season and go clothes shopping maybe twice a year. My frugal lifestyle I think sort of protects me from my friends reading my as “privileged”. Also I’m generous with my money in terms of picking up tabs, which never hurts ;-)

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
I’ve had my 3 carat for over a year now and while I do love my diamond, I am embarrassed by its size sometimes. I think it is big enough that I will never want to upgrade it but sometimes it’s just too big.
I notice in my social circle no one has a larger solitaire. I have rarely even seen anything that looks bigger than one carat and many of them have been diamond halo settings. I also think it doesn’t help that I have a metal silhouette around my diamond so it looks even bigger than it really is.
I’ll probably go back to a simple solitaire eventually.
It’s weird bc I wanted a 3 carat and now that I have one I don’t wear it as much as I thought I would.
Oh! So to answer your question. I would say the largest would be around 9 mm for me on a daily basis.

oh no! I do hope you start to wear it more regularly. You will get used to the size soon that way too I think. You may feel embarrassed but by hiding it away you are only confirming in your head that you should be embarrassed....so id think the more you act against the feeling Of embarrassment the less embarrassed you will feel eventually!! I do hope that makes sense , I am super tired haha!!

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
Snobs can be both ways I guess...snob you that what you have is not enough...or snob you that what you have is too much! I am getting too old to care

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results