shape
carat
color
clarity

Big orange perfection! My massive orange sapphire ring

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been enjoying this stunner for a few weeks now but I keep forgetting to post a SMTB. DK just posted a video of her that reminded me.

You can read a bit more about my journey in the colored gemstone forum Thread 'Is this big enough? (New sapphire)’

Stats: 13.82 ct yellowish orange sapphire with 2ctw G color vs clarity old european cut diamond halo. Crafted in solid platinum with 18k yellow gold prongs by the talented David Klass. She’s a hefty 16.7 grams of perfection on my size 5.25 finger

There is a bit of a backstory about the sapphire which you can read about in my other thread. To summarize: I was initially concerned that the sapphire might be diffused. I sent it to GIA and thankfully got the results I was hoping for! No diffusion! I’m absolutely thrilled with the finished ring! It took my breath away when I opened it and I’ve pretty much been wearing it non stop ever since. I did notice that one of the OEC diamonds has a larger culet than the others. I thought for a split second to ask DK to switch it out but I quickly dismissed that thought. It’s my favorite one and it adds character. I also was nervous about the weight when designing this ring and I’m happy to report that I LOVE the weight of the ring. It’s heavy in a good way and I feel like a million bucks when I’m wearing it. I absolutely adore this ring. It will become a cherished family heirloom.

DK’s video
I haven’t taken a ton of good pictures because I’ve been to busy but I’ll attach a few that I do have including DK’s glamour shots.
1E969B1D-CD62-47BA-AA77-ECB8289B20D0.jpeg

What a stunning, sun shiny, museum worthy ring!!! Wow!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results