shape
carat
color
clarity

BGI Cert

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

damo

Rough_Rock
Is a BGI cert well respected? As good as GIA?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Never heard of them!!? Stick with GIA, AGS, HRD or IGI Antwerp for strict grading...
1.gif

damo

Rough_Rock
Its the British Gemological Institute.

bgiuk

Rough_Rock
BGI certificates: The GIA was founded in 1931 and so is still the best known certificate. The BGI certificates are based on a set of GIA reference Master Stones graded by Lazare Kaplan and GIA in New York, and so are now well recognised and you may find one of the many thousands in existence.

The BGI PRECISION DIAMOND GRADING SYSTEM is the only one in the world to split each colour into one hundred parts, which greatly increases the accuracy of grades. Founded in response to some members of the World Federation of Diamond Bourses, the BGI has accreditation from the UK government Department of Trade & Industry (DTI). The BGI also developed a new coloured diamond grading system and have patented the world''s first global anti-fraud system to combat crime.

The BGI are well respected and have a rapidly growing client base, see more on WWW.BGIUK.COM

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good Morning bguik,

Welcome to Pricescope.

I''m assembling a list of labs that issue diamond grading reports and I''m happy to include yours. Please send me a copy of the front and back (if there''s anything printed on the back) of each variety of report that you make. If you care to read about it, the discussion thread about this is project is here.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results