shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Melissa with Truth head glamour shots

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My ring is on its way, somewhere between Houston and Chicago!

It is set with a 1.56 8.03x6.06mm H VS1 Emerald cut diamond (re-cut by BGD and then purchased by us on the secondary market)
My ring size is 4.5
The setting is unplated 14k white gold

So, I made a silly, dumb mistake. I accidentally ordered the Melissa (a half-round shank) when all along, I wanted the Melanie (knife edge shank!) So, so dumb. Its getting sent back before I see it to get knife edged, and then I won't see it again until he decides i get to ::)

BrianGavin_FancyTruthfacedownc.jpg

BrianGavin_FancyTruthProfile.jpg

BrianGavin_FancyTruthtilted.jpg

BrianGavin_FancyTruthfaceforward.jpg

Reactions: AV_

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous stone and setting!!! :love: I love it as it is, so I know it will be gorgeous with the other shank, too! That is a really beautiful EC diamond! :appl:

(I feel like I need to add one thought, though. When BG set my diamond into a milgrain bezel pendant, I requested inside-only milgrain. When they sent me the pictures, it showed full milgrain. It was unfortunately on the way. So they said to take a look at it and send it back if I still didn't like it. Well, I opened the box and I LOVED the way they did the milgrain!!! So I think it is not a bad idea to see it as it is before you send it back. Then when it is redone, you'll know for sure that you made the right decision.)

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1318995270|3043219 said:
Wow, gorgeous stone and setting!!! :love: I love it as it is, so I know it will be gorgeous with the other shank, too! That is a really beautiful EC diamond! :appl:

(I feel like I need to add one thought, though. When BG set my diamond into a milgrain bezel pendant, I requested inside-only milgrain. When they sent me the pictures, it showed full milgrain. It was unfortunately on the way. So they said to take a look at it and send it back if I still didn't like it. Well, I opened the box and I LOVED the way they did the milgrain!!! So I think it is not a bad idea to see it as it is before you send it back. Then when it is redone, you'll know for sure that you made the right decision.)
It's so funny you say that... Mr. Gavin himself talked me down off the roof tonight. Between my own error and another issue, I had got myself wound up into quite the bratty tizzy. He said stop, look, see what you think, then we will always be here if you still feel the same. But, for the knife-edge, I just think it doesn't... match. My architectural, geometric EC doesn't get on with the rounded, feminine band.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is funny! I totally get what you are thinking, but the ring is going to be feminine no matter what! I understand the knife edge with the step cut. But that ring does look gorgeous as it is. If Brian said that, I would at least look at it before sending it back. he sees a LOT of rings and he does have an eye for symmetry and design as a gifted diamond cutter. :))

You're going to kill me, but that really doesn't look like unplated white gold to me, either. Did you verify that it is? Maybe it is X1 or one of the other whiter ones?

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
First, I think BG agreed with me about the knife-edge. It was the other thing he wanted me to re-think.

Second, well, the invoice definitely said unplated, and the way the photos are done, it's probably hard to tell, but I guess we'll see soon!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous ring! so many new blings out today :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! When you said this: "He said stop, look, see what you think, then we will always be here if you still feel the same. But, for the knife-edge, I just think it doesn't... match. " I thought you meant He was saying the knife-edge didn't match!

Sorry for the confusion!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the setting as is. Give it a shot.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous :love: cant wait to see IRL pics =)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I also love the setting as is...it's gorgeous!!!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006 said:

I agree with Diamondseeker: you could fall in love with the mistake!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I think the stone looks fabulous in that band!! But, it's your ring, and you should get what you really want. I'm sure it will look beautiful either way!

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
The stone is very pretty. It looks beautiful in the setting it is in right now and I bet it will be just as beautiful in the knife edge setting.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my favorite EC... it's a beautiful stone and looks so CLASSIC on the setting you choose... enjoy!!! :love:

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Your EC is stunning, and you were very savvy to find it on the secondary market :appl:

I too love the setting as is. Try it on and see what you think. I love the look of a knife-edge band but found it very uncomfortable between my fingers.

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
Wow! No matter what setting you decide on, it will look stunning with a beautiful stone like that!! :love:

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS!!! I love it as is. Knife edges are too harsh looking IMO and also uncomfortable for me to wear. I also think they make my fingers look fat. . . and my fingers are NOT fat. lol. You might really like it this way. It sure looks very feminine and delicate and GORGEOUS. Oh wait I said GORGEOUS already. . . .

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG - perfect in every way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous, congrats!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats lovely...Congratulations!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
it's gorgeous, I actually prefer the half round :Up_to_something:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella_mezzo|1319043532|3043564 said:
it's gorgeous, I actually prefer the half round :Up_to_something:

Me too, it's very pretty!!

I don't find knife edges comfortable though.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning! Congrats on a beautiful ring :)

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you MinMin!

Thanks Gypsy, I hope you like the knife edged version too :)

Thank you SLG… maybe Jamie did it on purpose, since so many people seem to like it?

Maaaybe purplesilk, but SO doesn't want me to adjust it after he proposed

Thanks moosemom :D

Mayk, that means more than you know.

Littleriver, I always knew I wanted to find something on the 2ndary market but I was absolutely DELIGHTED to find a BGD recut that way!

catwalk, I am glad you like it! ECs are so fussy :)

hoofbeats, see below about knife edges, I hope you'll like that too

motownmama, thanks! you are so sweet

skippy, thank you! I hope i love it in real life too

tyty thank you!

Laila, thank you! Below I talk about knife edge comfort

amy, thank you!!! i am ecstatic

My thoughts about knife-edge: I have a rounded shank Daniel M ring, and a knife-edge antique ring, and while it is true that the knife-edge bothered me initially, I got used to it quickly and now it doesn't bother me in the least. I don't think it makes my fingers look fatter at all, but rather the opposite: I think it makes them look daintier. It is something we wanted from the very first iterations of the ring and both my future FI and I agree that it's something we want to have done.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well if your future FI and you both want the knife-edge...then I see no reason not to get it. your ring is beautiful now but I am sure it will also look beautiful with the knife edge.

I think your emerald is the /perfect/ ratio...so classic and gorgeous. I can't wait for more pictures!!!

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Man, oh man, that's a beauty!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I think it's perfection :love:

Blue-Seeker

Shiny_Rock
rosetta|1319142225|3044388 said:

Me, too.
Will we get to see hand shots after you receive it?

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Blue-Seeker|1319142430|3044391 said:
rosetta|1319142225|3044388 said:

Me, too.
Will we get to see hand shots after you receive it?
Not of the current shank, but I wanted to share this version too, since I know that I have leaned heavily on PS to help me imagine what my ring was going to look like :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results