shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Blue Custom U-Prong Wedding Set: Glamour shots

Alicia_Diamond_Love

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

This year is mine and my DH's 10 year anniversary. We decided to upgrade my wedding set because of our milestone anniversary but also because I've recently lost 80 lbs and 3.5 ring sizes (YAY!!) and my current set no longer fits me and is unable to be sized.

I ended up going with BGD because of their stellar reviews and I absolutely fell in love with their Blue Signature diamonds. What a cool effect! I really wanted around a 1 carat diamond with the absolute best cut so had to compromise on color. I ended up finding a great K diamond with strong blue florescence. I did have slight reservations due to it being beside their 5 point F/G Signature melee. I wouldn't call myself color sensitive and was hoping due to the excellent cut, clarity, shape and strong blue fluorescence it would face up whiter in most lights.

Now on to the stats:

1.028 ct K VVS2 Brian Gavin Blue Round
Measurements 6.49x6.50x4.00
Depth % 61.5
Table % 56.1
Crown Angle 34.7
Star 51.00
Pavilion Angle 40.8
Crown % 15,2
Lower Girdle % 76.000
Fluorescence: Stong Blue

Now on to the setting lol. I again fell in love when I saw a u-prong 3/4 eternity band at a local jewelry store and just knew thats what I wanted to build my design around. Leslie at BGD was absolutely AWESOME to work with and answered all my questions and concerns. They designed a complete wedding set after their 3/4 U-Prong eternity band with 5 pointers in 18K White Gold. I also had them add in a 1mm spacer band to make sure the rings wouldn't get destroyed being next to each other.

I finally received my glamour shots and they came out exactly as I envisioned in my head!!!! Now I am just un-patiently awaiting their arrival. I live in Texas and decided to have them shipped out-of-state to my Dad to be appraised and they are on their way back to me via USPS priority (what a joke cause its not priority lol) registered mail. There is definitely warmth in the center stone in the pics but Leslie said they look absolutely amazing in person.

Please give me your honest option! Do you think it looks too "warm"? For those of you other warmer diamonds/fluorescence owners, do you find your diamonds looks "warmer" in photos than in real life? What type of lighting do you notice it the most? I also want to say a BIG thanks for this blog and all of you! I've learned so much!

Here are the glamour shots:

_set_1b_.jpeg

_set_2b_.jpeg

_set__3b_.jpeg

_set_4b_jpeg.jpeg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A huge weight loss congratulations along with congrats on your 10th anniversary! 80 lbs is huge!! :appl: Your set looks wonderful & your diamond looks fantastic, you'll have to post some hand shots when you finally get it! You'll be happy you got that spacer, it'll protect your rings over the long run! :love: :love:

Alicia_Diamond_Love

Rough_Rock
Thanks sarahb!! I appreciate your kind words! It's definitely been a journey and so worth it! I will post hand shots once I get them!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set! :love: And congrats on that weight loss! I need to buckle down and work on that myself!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely blingtastic!! Cannot wait to see some hand shots, I'm sure it's going to be stunning! Congratulations on 10 years and losing such a huge amount of weight too! :appl:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! :appl: 80 pounds lost is a tremendous accomplishment, congratulations both for that and your 10 year anniversary. Your new wedding set is lovely, I hope you enjoy it and all it represents for many many years to come!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Blingalicious!!! Really beautiful settings! One of my favorite parts is the delicate sparkle around the stone.

In regards to your question about the K color, I actually didn't see your question initially and wasn't specifically looking at that. So, it didn't come to my mind. However, when I went back and looked, I did see just a very small (and I mean very small) hint of warmth. But... I don't find it distracting in the least. It looks like a gorgeous stone and when I've seen K diamonds IRL, I have always liked them. In fact I may specifically look for a warmer stone if I ever get another one. ;-)

Congrats and enjoy!!! Hope you get it soon. :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats with losing so much weight. What an accomplishment :appl:

You have an amazing ring set! It looks absolutely stunning. The stone looks very white to me with just a hint of warmth. Which I actually prefer compared to icy white stones: I have an U-V OEC diamond myself.

The BGD design is so beautiful and the ring and bands seem to of very high quality.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of congratulations to you for Everything!

Stunning rings - looking forward to hand shots!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I sooooooo love this set!!! Hope you take many many hand shots for us!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think that is a stunning diamond and wedding set!!! And your weight loss is impressive. I know how hard it is.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alicia, your rings and diamond are gorgeous. Congratulations on your weight loss. That is terrific!

Enjoy your beautiful rings.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your accomplishments! :appl: Your wedding set is so beautiful! :love:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations on the weight loss!! I lost 45 pounds two years ago and we celebrated our 10th anniversary with a diamond ring, too! I have since gained back the weight and am tackling it all over again (I'm terrible at maintenance, sigh).

I love warm diamonds! I think you'll really enjoy it. :)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's beautiful!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results