shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Barry Bridgestock Tourmaline Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I would like to quote all the previous posters, but this ring made me literally catch my breath...

wow

WOW

The shank design is very feminine, yet modern as well and the stones--hubba hubba!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
One of the most beautiful rings I have seen on PS. Amazing. I love the Tourmaline, but the setting is divine!! There is no question that I will turn to BGD when it''s time for my ring creations. It''s simply beautiful on your hand.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Holy WOW!! Phenomenal!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gahhhhhhhhhhh. Wow. That is absolutely breathtaking. I adore it. It''s just a piece of art-- the whole thing. Wear it in the best of health.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning
30.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Holy Smokes!

Brian has certainly upped the anty for all the other jewelers out there - it is gorgeous.

Congrats on a beautiful ring and kudos to Brian as well.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
The ring has such a beautiful, intricate design.. love the tourmaline too!

Lesley Harris

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/27/2009 9:31:51 PM
Author: thing2of2
Wow, what a GORGEOUS and unique ring! I love it! The stone is just stunning and so is the setting! And that ring has some PRESENCE on your hand! Just beautiful-wear it in good health!

P.S. I have to ask about the prongs-I've never seen prongs like that before! Any particular reason for their shape? Just curious!

Hi All,

Thanks for all the wonderful reactions to this masterpiece. It was hard to part with it when we put it into the FedEx box!

We thought this was an important question and wanted to explain the reason for the prong design.

The prongs are "Bauhaus"-style: i.e. " form follows function".

a. It is very difficult to tighten prongs on a stone with a steep crown, steep pavilion and a very thick & faceted girdle. It is even more difficult when the gem is soft.
b. It is very tricky (and a little unnerving) to work with a customer's colored stones when they are soft and of brittle nature.
c. With soft gems every finishing/shaping step beyond what is absolutely necessary is a gamble with the stone's integrity.

It took almost 4 hours to set this stone. So once all the prongs were finally touching and holding the stone securely and all looked smooth and even and the stone had no scratches, our job was done.

Hope this helps.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
What a fantastic ring!!! I literally let out an "ooooooooo" when I saw the first picture
30.gif
30.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Largosmom, Miracles, Kelli, Gypsy, risingsun, bebe, virgoruby and poshpepper for your kind words, and thanks to Lesley for better explaining the logic behind the prongs
9.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I have a few more photos, which aren''t significantly, better, but they''re a little better
3.gif

BGDBBTourm_leaf1.JPG

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Eta. oops this might be the same as above.

BGDBBTourm_white1.JPG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bling Addict - your new ring is so uniquely gorgeous!!! I adore the leafy, bezel shank, and I adore the colour and cut of that tourmaline - just perfection all around!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Did you have some inspiration for this ring? I''m just in love with the amazingly organic setting.
30.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks LTP, I sent through quite a few designs that had leaf like details on them that I liked, and quite a few designs that had bezels (which I love) and when I discussed it with Brian, he already had sketches of this design - and I loved how it incorporated things I liked, and was a feminine design so we went with this
1.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
WOW! What a stunner!
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really is a beautiful work of art.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness but that is gorgeous! I love love love Brian and Lesley''s work. Their pieces never fail to impress me!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much chiquitapet, gem girl and loves to sparkle - I feel exactly the same way about it gemgirl
1.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! The setting is beautiful and so unique--it sets off your lovely stone so well. Enjoy wearing that beauty!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness! It''s stunning! Absolutely beautiful.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing ring! Enjoy.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
That is such a uniquely colored stone! I love it!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much kitty bean, SDL, Mayachel, MC and EHR2009 for your kind words
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Holy Moly!!!! First of all, Holy Gorgeous Tourmaline Batman! Secondly - I ADORE the alternating bezeled marquise and rounds! Brilliant! And gorgeous!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
A spectacular stone with a truly fitting setting Bling Addict. Just wonderful. I never get tired looking at pictures of this one. Thank you so much for sharing!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much geckodani and mariedtiger!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results