shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD 1.54 ct Novela Patientia

spon88

Rough_Rock
Christmas present for the wife - 1.54 ct Signature H&A in a Novela Patientia setting courtesy of the excellent Brian Gavin Diamonds. Their team was super throughout. Shipped from Houston to the UK for a 9am delivery in 36 hours - impressive!

These are the glamour shots (excuse UK spelling) plus a couple of hand shots on a basic 'phone camera (the latter don't do it justice). This is an H colour VS1 and it faces up very white. In fact from the side you don't see much yellow tint either. I was worried about this but need not have been - unless you are very colour sensitive, I think H is great and also good value. So sparkly! I also had a couple of surprise stones added internally representing the kids birthdays.

I also did a pretty shoddy 'unboxing' video which I'll try to get on YouTube at some point. The thing was flashing like crazy as soon as we opened the box! Really pleased with it. That's two beautiful rings in two months from a couple of excellent suppliers - Brian Gavin and another ring I bought for my mother from his former company, Whiteflash. Couldn't fault either of them and good value too.

hand-bgd2.jpg
hand-bgd.jpg
briangavin_novela_davej3b_121715.jpg
briangavin_novela_davej2b_121715.jpg
briangavin_novela_davej1b_121715.jpg

Cheers and have a great Christmas from the UK!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazingly beautiful!!!
What a super sparkly diamond. The elegant setting makes it shine. And I love the subtle detail of the birthstones. What a beautiful, thoughtful and generous gift. You have made great choices.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks huge on your wife's hand! It's stunning and exudes classy elegance. Hope she looooves it ::) ! :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a gorgeous ring! So elegant!

Well done you! :)

spon88

Rough_Rock
Cheers guys - thanks for your kind words. She loves it!

When I asked her to marry me 25 years ago, we had no money. So the choice was a simple ring or a couple of chairs for the front room. Woman that she is, she chose the chairs. So here we are 25 years later, got some cash now, and I thought it was time to do it right :)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
More Brian Gavin goodness! You are such a great husband and that is one gorgeous ring!!! I really love that setting. It is so classy and elegant - nicely done.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Lucky gal! My hubby wouldn't have a clue...nice choices. 36 hours to UK!!!??? I'm impressed!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a lovely and classic ring. The surprise stones are a very thoughtful touch. Congratulations on 25 years!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! :love: I think you made a great choice in size, color, and clarity of the diamond, too! Merry Christmas!!!

spon88

Rough_Rock
We liked the simpler setting as it kinda keeps the stone prominent. Although the original Novela setting is stunning too.

I just need to find something suitable for men to wear now. I'm getting a bit addicted to the sparkles!

Thanks!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it - so classic and elegant! Good for you for looking for something for yourself - sparklies don't have to be for women only!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Those hidden surprise stones are the best, and the ring is sheer fabulousness! Bet she loves it! :appl:

LateBloomer28

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your 25th!!!! That's such a lovely celebration ring - gorgeous stone and classy, elegant setting. And the surprise children's stones make it perfect! Many best wishes and definitely go for some man-bling!! :wink2: :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! The ring is beautiful & looks perfect on her hand :appl:

Merry Christmas from Cheshire :wavey:

spon88

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the lovely comments. Appreciated. That thread showing the rings suitable for solitaires for men is great and I'm loving those tension settings. My birthday is in March so the search begins again! My insurance guy will be happy too :)

Have a great weekend folks.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you're a great husband. I want one of those for Christmas too. :tongue: It's a beautiful ring and looks perfect on her.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Love it! Now that's a present!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! It's gorgeous! :love: Well done and congratulations on your anniversary! :clap:

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
wow you done good :love:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
well done!!!

enjoy!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Classic and beautiful!

CRYSTAL24K