shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel Studs with Milgrain Glamor Shots

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
So I received glamor shots of my handmade BGD bezel studs with milgrain in platinum. They look good but I am worried that the bezels are not perfectly round. And it is bothering me. Please weigh in and let me know if this would bother you. I am receiving them tomorrow so I will know how they look IRL. Here are the glamor shots...

BrianGavin_BezelEar4b_050211.jpg

BrianGavin_BezelEar3b_050211.jpg

BrianGavin_BezelEar2b_050211.jpg

BrianGavin_BezelEar1b_050211.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look fabulous.....

slg47

Ideal_Rock
they look perfectly round to me! I think they're gorgeous :)

ETA I think I see what you are seeing...looks like a gap? I'm assuming it's just photography reflection, should be nothing to worry about. I have bezel studs from BGD and love them :)

yiska

Shiny_Rock
They look beautiful!!! What are the specs? I really hope to own a pair of these one day.
I sort of see what you mean in the last picture... hopefully it's just a photography trick. Why don't you call them to double check, the other one looks perfect!
Can't wait to see more photos :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think you'll see anything in real life. These magnified pictures are good and bad because they sometimes cause unwarranted panic!

They look beautiful and I can't wait to see the ear shots! :appl:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
they are gorgeous!!! I think they'll be perffectly round IRL, but if not BGD has great customer service:)

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're fabulous-- I love bezels with millegrain. I do see something "funny" on that left one but I think it's just reflection and it will look fine IRL. Looking forward to your pictures and impressions!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty! And they look perfect to me :)) It's a pretty common question around here, I think sometimes all the reflections and high-contrast that make the piece look so dramatic in glamour pics also do - strange - things w/ reflections & shadows. Wait until you see them in-person to judge ;))

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They do look a little off to me, but I am sure it is just a trick of photography. I would bet they will be perfect when you get them.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
oh.... those are beautiful indeed. I'd love to have a pair myself~ :bigsmile:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
The one on the left looks a bit off, but I'm sure BGD won't send you crooked earrings. It must be the lighting or something. Can't wait to see them on your ears!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
In the face on picture, the left earring looks lopsided but that's only because of the bright highlight between 3 and 4 o'clock and the darker contrast the rest of the way around.

Those are about as perfect as you're going to get with handmade settings.. which, I believe, is the charm.

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all for weighing in. I did ask Jamie about this and her reply was- "Due to the angle of the pictures, what you're actually seeing is the arms from the back as they come up on the diamonds. I personally saw them today and they truly look gorgeous. In the image where the one looks like one is smaller, it is slightly pushed back so they are not exactly side by side. I can assure you they are a dead match in size"

So I will have to see it for myself tomorrow when I get them. Also I feel like, the bezel itself seems a lot thicker than I expected.

For all those who are wondering about the size of these studs. They are 0.52 H SI1 and 0.53 I SI2 H&A's from BGD for a total of 1.05 ctw.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
PP, I wouldn't worry about it. When I got the glamor shots of my BGD Barbara pendant, I remember thinking that the bezel didn't look perfectly round in at least one of the photos. When I got the pendant, the bezel looked nice and thin and perfectly round IRL. I think that the lighting, angles, and extreme magnification in some of these photos can distort the image of the object, making it look kind of "off." I'm sure you'll find them to be lovely and as round as can be once you receive them. Can't wait to see more photos!

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Kittybean for your comforting words. This is my first experience with BGD and even though Pricescopers speak highly of them, until I see them for myself I am just going to be a little skeptical I think. Hopefully tomorrow I will be jumping with joy. I also went with BGD because of the milgrain studs so I just hope I am not dissapointed because the setting itself is not refundable if I don't like it for any reason.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, enjoy them!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
perfection!

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
So I finally received them today and I wore them to work today and have been examining the studs and noticed that the issue I saw in the glamor shots with one of the studs is still noticeable to me. I don't know how to explain it but the diamond looks a little crooked in the bezel I think and may be also that the diamond is not as sparkly as the other one. I believe the diamond stud I am not in love with has the H SI1 diamond. Does anything in the ASET/Idealscope/Hearts images look weird about this stone -

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104049771032

:???:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
pinkprashu|1304437917|2911153 said:
So I finally received them today and I wore them to work today and have been examining the studs and noticed that the issue I saw in the glamor shots with one of the studs is still noticeable to me. I don't know how to explain it but the diamond looks a little crooked in the bezel I think and may be also that the diamond is not as sparkly as the other one. I believe the diamond stud I am not in love with has the H SI1 diamond. Does anything in the ASET/Idealscope/Hearts images look weird about this stone -

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104049771032

:???:

that diamond looks pretty perfect to me. do you have any pics showing the 'crookedness' that you are seeing?

also did you maybe get some hairspray or hand lotion or something on the diamond that would cause it to be less sparkly?

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
I have taken some pictures but can only upload the pics tonight. I will try to post some pics after I go home this evening.

Edit- I picked them up on my way to work so I did not get any hair spray on it but I did not how else to wear them without touching the diamonds so lotion from my hands may have gotten on the diamonds. I just don't understand how one of them looks perfect to me and the other doesn't.

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Here is a quick pic I took with my iphone. I think they are decent size on the ear.

Studsontheear.jpg

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
See the pics below. The culet of one of the diamonds is touching the metal portion of the stud in one of the pics and in the other the culet is not touching the metal portion. Can people who already have BGD bezel studs weigh in and let me know if the culet is supposed to touch the metal portion? I am just worried that it will damage the diamond and it looks a bit off when compared to the other one when side by side.

IMG_0749_0.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
hmm...I just took a pic of mine...looks like the culet is almost touching the metal portion. not the best pic, but hopefully you can get an idea.

(note to others...do not take pics using orange background if you want your stones to look whiter!)

bgdstuds.jpg

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
slg47, thanks for letting me know how yours are set. What I am seeing is that one of the diamonds IS TOUCHING the metal and the other is not at all. I am worried that it may damage the diamond and it is bothering me that it is not consistent. See the enlarged pics below -

IMG_0748-1.jpg

IMG_0749-1.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yeah I jsut realized that picture is pretty un-clear and useless. I can try to take a better one. I also noticed that it seems to be 'closer' or 'farther' away from the metal depending on the angle. do they look like the bezels are set at the same place along the girdle?

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
do they look like the bezels are set at the same place along the girdle?
Actually, that is the first thing that caught my eye, the one whose culet is touching the metal just seems a little off when you see it from the front. The other one looks perfect. But it is hard to take pictures to show you what I am seeing. The I colored diamond just looks to have more life the way it is set I think(since both of them are ideal cut H&A's diamonds). I am just worried that may be because of the culet touching the metal and the way it sits in the bezel makes it look a little bit dull.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you link the other stone? The third picture down from the top of the thread almost looks like there are clouds in that stone, yet that stone looks slightly whiter to me than the other, so I would think it is the H. I was just wondering if there were clouds in either one of them.

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
So I spoke to Jamie yesterday and sent her the pics that I posted and she arranged for Brian to speak with me today. Brian was super nice on the phone and obviously was very proud of his product. He said that if the culet is in fact touching the metal, the diamond may look grayish and he said that it should not be touching. He wanted me to send the earring that I am not in love with back(also sent me a fedex overnight shipping label) and he will redo the earring. He said that each diamond is different and does not believe that the diamond I got is a dud but if he thinks that the diamond will not meet my needs in anyway they can certainly change the diamond. I hope they make it right.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results