shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel Set Diamond Earrings - Tiffany or WF?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mayflower25

Rough_Rock
I''m looking into buying a small pair of bezel set diamond earrings for everyday wear (~.50 tcw / 18k, yellow gold). I love the way bezels help make smaller diamonds "pop" and want something that can be dressed up or down easily. Now, I''ve seen the bezels in real life at Tiffanys, and I''m a big fan of their craftmanship and thin bezel. And while I''m more than willing to $$ for their trademark designs, I''m hesitant to spend for simple bezel earrings. I recently checked out WhiteFlash for a price comparison, and found that I can save >50% by going with them. My largest concern, however, is the styling of their bezels. Can anyone comment or provide photos on the difference in settings? Its difficult for me to tell based on the website photos.

FYI, here are the specs:

Tiffany DBTY / 18K YG / I Color / VVS1-VVS2 Clarity / $2320

White Flash Ready-Set-Go / 18K YG / H-I Color / SI Clarity / $895

Note: I plan on buying a pair of larger (>1.5 tcw) diamond earrings in the future (~2 yrs from now), but they will be prong-set in platinum.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mayflower25

Rough_Rock
Thanks Chrono, these look great! With regards to upgrading, I don''t plan on doing so. These will be my earrings for my YG jewelry (a collection that seems to keep growing
2.gif
) !

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, lots of earrings of various sizes! How fun! You''re welcome.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
WF hands down. Can''t wait to see!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 3:55:39 PM
Author: coatimundi
WF hands down. Can''t wait to see!
Me too! Me too! And I''d totally go with WF.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d go with WF, but I might choose my own stones from their inventory and then have them set in their bezel setting.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 6:11:17 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I''d go with WF, but I might choose my own stones from their inventory and then have them set in their bezel setting.

Also what I would do. The RSG earrings are not upgradable (just in case you change your mind) so it would be nice to have that option.

I have very small Tiffany bezel set earrings and while beautiful, are nothing special IMO.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash. I can''t wait to see them.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 6:22:21 PM
Author: neatfreak

Also what I would do. The RSG earrings are not upgradable (just in case you change your mind) so it would be nice to have that option.

I have very small Tiffany bezel set earrings and while beautiful, are nothing special IMO.
Ditto. WF and pick your own stones.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 9:38:57 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 1/22/2009 6:22:21 PM
Author: neatfreak

I'd go with WF, but I might choose my own stones from their inventory and then have them set in their bezel setting.

Ditto. WF and pick your own stones.
Thritto!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price difference is too great for me, almost two and half times more! I''d go with WF and put the other $1,425 toward getting the larger earrings in a couple of years.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mayflower, I purchased WF''s handmade bezels about a year ago and I am still in love with them. The quality is awesome, the bezels are really thin and the craftsmanship is perfect IMHO. I picked out my stones seperatly, I think each one is .31 (J & K VS1) ACA so if I ever want to upgrade I can. I doubt I will, they fit my lobes perfectly
1.gif
But I like having the option.

So another vote for WF all the way!!! BTW - I heard they are getting a new shipment in soon of freshly cut ACA''s. You may find a sweet deal on some .30''s ( I think that''s as small as their ACA''s will go) in I or J color.

Here''s a link to my bezels:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yay-i-ordered-wf-bezel-earrings.80947/

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results