shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel set 5 stone ring

Shawny

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

Iam new to pricescope, have been reading and researching FOREVER though, and would like some advice.
I was originally going to get an eternity band to wear as an engagement ring, but Iam now leaning more towards a 5 stone, i like the idea of bezel set for added security, as im clumsy and dont want to be too precious hehe.

So my questions are, will bezel set round brilliants still show some great sparkle?
Also i wear a size 6.5 so what carat weight would you all recommend for great finger coverage? (or 7 stone)
im open to all the diamonds being the same size or possibly a slight size difference with a feature in the middle.
I do love the eternity look, so wanting to achieve that.
Anyway thanks in advance for helping out a newbie!

p.s i have emailed IDjewelry after reading such great things here, just waiting to hear back to discuss all my options :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! Just so you know, posts asking questions about settings or stones go in the Rocky Talky part of the forum. Show Me the Bling is where you show pictures of your jewelry! You can click Report Concern and ask the moderator to move your thread to RT.

I love 5 stone bands for an e-ring and think it is a much better choice since you can get 5 larger diamonds! That is what shows anyway! The setting doesn't matter as much as having excellent cut diamonds. They will show well in almost any setting. But if you go with bezels, I would want someone like Caysie van Bebber through Love Affair Diamonds to make that. You want a very high quality setting and the CADs will be important in getting the design right.

I think you need at least .30 each for good finger coverage in a regular setting, but with bezels, you could probably have pretty good coverage at .25. You could probably go up to close to .40 each if you wanted in a regular setting. I just advise you to go with a low setting no matter which style you choose. You can also slightly graduate your stones and have like a .40 in the middle and then go down to something like .33 and .25 on the sides. The ring maker can better advise you on exact sizes for a nice graduation.

Here are some examples of Caysie's bezel bands. You can obviously make them more modern if you don't like antique style, and the options are unlimited for the side designs, etc.

_37268.jpg

cvb3stonebezel.jpg

cvboctagonalbezels1.jpg

cvboctagonalbezels2.jpg

Shawny

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your response, I realised as soon as I posted and put in a request to admin for it to be moved, rookie mistake hehe.
I really appreciate your detailed response, I have learnt so much through reading all the posts on here.

I love the detailed side view of that last photo you shared, gasp worthy!
That's also good info on what sort of carat weight to expect will work, I'm greedy and want the most bling possible : :p

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that last/second to the last ring that Diamond seeker posted! One of my favs...plus you get good finger coverage with
the bezels.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I :love: working with IDJ! Great first step reaching out to IDJ. I would suggest following up with a phone call to Yekutiel as well. For me, I prefer to talk with IDJ on the phone. :dance:

I think it will help to compile some inspiration pictures so that you can get a more accurate quote based on your design ideas.

I have a U-prong 5 stone, and when I bought it, I was 7.75, and right now I am a size 9 - I still have edge to edge coverage on my finger with 0.27x5=1.35 ctw.

Also, if you feel more comfortable getting multiple quotes so you have a means of comparison, CVB is also a good option. I have never owned a CVB goodie, but Diamondseeker's CVB rings are beautiful!

Shawny

Rough_Rock
thanks guys!!!
I have been blown away by IDJ's response time and warm customer service, Iam going to go ahead with a .35 pointer 5 stone in the same style as Bliss (sorry to be a copycat but adore your/her ring). But Iam going to go for 14k rose gold, I made sure to specify I wanted pricescope quality and was assured my stones will be beautiful, so I can't wait to begin the project in June! Yay :dance:
I wanted good finger coverage as this is going to be a standalone, maybe with a thin rose gold wedding band...and I think the .35 will be enough bling :clap:

Shawny

Rough_Rock
I also consulted white flash but wasn't so impressed with their customer service, they were prompt with replying and very informative, but when I started asking questions about seeing pictures of the completed ring BEFORE it is sent out they got quite short with me, stating that they sometimes send photos out as a courtesy to their buyers, but I shouldn't expect to see the ring before it is shipped.

This made me very nervous as I live in Bangkok and am getting a family friend to bring the ring to me from the US, so there is no way for me to return the ring and it won't be at all easy to get fixed or changed. So this is why I went with IDJ, that, and how lovely they are, and you can't beat their incredible pricing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results