shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel repair?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Manmountain

Rough_Rock
From the pics, I can''t really see what any of the problems are. If it needs a new bezel, I would think that it can be rebuilt for anywhere from $250-400.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Hi Bruce: from what I was told, there was major structural damage..now, another question: would that type of major damage be visible to the naked eye? The diamond is loose, so, I am not wearing the ring at this time. Thank you for all of your responses. I honestly can't believe how upset I am over this whole experience, I feel like I am bashing my head against a brick wall. I don't know if it is lack of skilled jewellers(maybe the task is too daunting, or they don't have the right equipment?) in this part of Canada, or sales people trying to upsell, or maybe both.? I find it hard to believe that I might likely have to send it to the States or further to get it assessed to see if I can get it repaired.

I found this https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/loose-bezel-set.51608/ while doing a search for bezels, and that is what it had when it came back from the Birks comissioned jeweller, the first time..a little ripple on the back of the bezel, left side. I wear it sapphire side out. The second time, he took the diamond right out and did what he could to fix it , got rid of the ripple, but now, it looks like a little piece of platinum is missing. I was not happy with the result, so my sales person at Birks felt it was best to go back to Montreal, where the piece was created. They were un-able to fix it.

My pictures aren't super clear, I will fiddle around with my camera a bit more tomorrow.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m in the UK - but my ring was made by Wink Jones who is based in Idaho.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
ok, I just got an error when trying to upload more pics, is anyone else having trouble?

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
ok! I know what I did! I needed to rename my files, without the comma!

this is the bezel from the top view

Nick 057.jpg

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
the nick is on the left hand bezel, look closely and you should see it

nick 056.jpg

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
left hand side..

Nick 049.jpg

Cathers

Shiny_Rock

Nick in the bezel.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

David Keeling (the doctor) posted earlier in your thread--why do you not send the ring to him for an estimate of repair? Or drive to Edmonton and see him in person? He has done both repairs and custom work for me, and I can attest to his high standard and ability.

cheers--Sharon

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
HI CG! I am considering doing that! We have company here now from Edmonton, and I might send the ring back with them. Thank you for your input, I appreciate that very much! I must have a look at his page.

where are you from CG?

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
CG! Thanks so much for pointing that out, silly me, I read David''s post, but didn''t even think to click on his link. I just spoke with him, in depth, and I will likely be shipping it out within the next day or so. David answered all of my questions, and I felt extremely comfortable speaking with him.

Thanks CanuckGirl and David, there IS hope!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m afraid I can''t help you with advice for the repair, but I just wanted to say good luck and that you have a beautiful ring! I really love your ring!!! Some people don''t like bezels, but I really adore them. They are modern and clean.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much! . I really like it as well. I am also quite busy with a 2 year old who doesn''t stop ever, so I wanted something that wouldn''t hurt her, and that I could wear always. The fact that it came from Mum made it that much more perfect a ring for me :) It sits quite flat, but yet sparkles like mad!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2007 5:22:18 PM
Author: Çã†hër§
CG! Thanks so much for pointing that out, silly me, I read David''s post, but didn''t even think to click on his link. I just spoke with him, in depth, and I will likely be shipping it out within the next day or so. David answered all of my questions, and I felt extremely comfortable speaking with him.

Thanks CanuckGirl and David, there IS hope!
HI:

Glad to hear it. And BTW, I live in Calgary but grew up in Edmonton.

cheers--Sharon

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Manmountain

Rough_Rock
A good quality new bezel on this repair, I would suspect can run from $150-400. A lot of jewelers would just form an oval loop of platinum wire and solder it on top of the original bezel. Either way, there is no reason that I can justify charging the kind of money that you were quoted. I see no reason what-so-ever for you to be forced into buying a whole new ring. Maybe there is a problem that I can''t see.

Keep looking for another jeweler.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Bruce for your response! Thanks to CanukGal, I think that will be happening in the next day or two
36.gif

on a side note, I should have used some lotion!! My hands look so rough! holysmokes! and I chew my nails! argh!!
9.gif
2.gif

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Update! we are going to Edmonton this weekend to pick up my ring!!! woot woot! I am so thrilled! I am really looking forward to meeting David Keeling and getting my ring back. It has been quite a journey. Thank you all so much for your advice, specifically canuk-gal, who pointed me in the right direction, when I was too upset and shaken up to see what was right in front of me. I will post pictures of my repaired ring when I return home. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I thought this was a hopeless situation, and it turns out, with some time, and tlc, the repair was possible.
36.gif

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I''m so glad you were able to get this resolved. I can''t wait to see the pics.
1.gif

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
thank you :)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kicken!
36.gif
36.gif

What did he find when he saw it?

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
we haven''t had much of a chance to get into the discussion of diagnosis. David has been swamped with work, but I will fill you in when I get back from Edmonton! : )))))))))))))))))) holy cow, I woke up at 0545 this morning, I am so excited, I couldn''t even sleep! crazy eh???? I have butterflies!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2007 11:50:54 AM
we haven't had much of a chance to get into the discussion of diagnosis. David has been swamped with work, but I will fill you in when I get back from Edmonton! : )))))))))))))))))) holy cow, I woke up at 0545 this morning, I am so excited, I couldn't even sleep! crazy eh???? I have butterflies!
no not crazy at all your getting your bling bling back!
Looking forward too hearing what he found and a report on dealing with him.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
thank you strm! excited and mixed feelings. It is the first time I have left my baby for an overnight, ever. She is 28 months old, and she is excited to be spending the night at her Nanna''s but..but...but.. Mommy has almost changed her mind a few times, but Nanna is threatening death! LOL! it is our first night as a couple, in over 3 years. We booked a night at Hotel MacDonald. Google it and check it out. My beloved is making my dreams come true! I have always wanted to stay there!
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2007 12:21:35 PM
thank you strm! excited and mixed feelings. It is the first time I have left my baby for an overnight, ever. She is 28 months old, and she is excited to be spending the night at her Nanna''s but..but...but.. Mommy has almost changed her mind a few times, but Nanna is threatening death! LOL! it is our first night as a couple, in over 3 years. We booked a night at Hotel MacDonald. Google it and check it out. My beloved is making my dreams come true! I have always wanted to stay there!
36.gif
ah I see, have a great time!!!!
The baby will be fine! Nanna will spoil her rotten just like she is spose too!!

Cathers

Shiny_Rock

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
*sigh*
36.gif

David Keeling miracle 019.jpg

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
oh yah!

trying to get the perfect shot of my ring 092.jpg

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
31.gif

trying to get the perfect shot of my ring  084.jpg

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
30.gif

trying to get the perfect shot of my ring 100.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results