shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel or Prong on this WF ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Do you prefer the Bezel or Prong Setting?

bezel or prong.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think the poll is working, so if you can give me your opinions, that would be fantastic!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are the center diamonds the same ct. wt? If equal, the one on the right looks larger to me. I''m sure that the stone would be raised off of the halo to give it some depth. I''d say I prefer the one on the right. I do like bezels though, but for a larger look, the 4 prong does it for me.

Judy
:)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The bezel one seems to give the diamond more definition. With the prong style, the diamond almost blends into the pave.

Both are gorgeous, though
1.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I love the bezel one!
1.gif

Very smooth and clean look. And as MC said better defined.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
These images were sent to me from WF and I do not have all the specs. I told Bob I was looking at 1 carat, so i imagine they are in the same ballpark, but not sure if they are infact the same size. I agree the one appears bigger in this photo.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like bezel halos. Even more when it is milgrained
18.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I vote prong set. The bezel seems "heavier", the prong more delicate.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the bezel better...actually A LOT better, for some reason! GO BEZEL!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the bezel.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I''m a bezel girl!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prong, I like to see more of the diamond.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like prong set the best. A little too much metal on the other one.

nsaids_nurse420

Shiny_Rock
i prefer prong if the diamonds are the same size. prong diamond looks bigger in my opinion...

sera

Ideal_Rock
They are both beautiful.

The bezel seems to define the center diamond- making it stand out more.
The prong appears more delicate- the center and halo blend and give the illusion of being bigger.

I think with a round I would most likely go with the prong... with a cut cornered square I might go with the bezel to make the unusual shape show up more.

yamsicle

Rough_Rock
I vote Bezel. Hands down. To me the bezel is more harmonious looking. I think it's because the bezel references, or "echos" the metal edge around the circumference.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I remember when these 2 styles 1st appeared, what was that about 2 yrs ago?? Do we have any pics of the side profiles? I wonder if AL or Mara tried these on when they went to visit WF. I do agree the bezel does define the stone, but I''m wondering if the prong set were set a bit higher so in real life it wasnt sitting on top of the halo, would you be able to see it better? Al or Mara, you got any pics of these ones? I swear I''m not lazy to go looking, but after 1 glass of vino & I''m having a bit of trouble typing. LOL I am SO easy!

Judy

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Man, but do I have too much time on my hands, OR WHAT - I just pulled out my micrometer to measure the two on the screen. They''re the same size, stone and halo ... and, while I agree that the prong-set one looks bigger, I have to say that the bezel-set one looks more cohesive, elegant, and overall, beautiful. Put me down for the one on the left!

P.S. - Also, consider the side profile ... this is just my completely subjective opinion, but I think the profile of the bezel would be far lovelier.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 3:35:23 AM
Author: Circe
Man, but do I have too much time on my hands, OR WHAT - I just pulled out my micrometer to measure the two on the screen. They're the same size, stone and halo ... and, while I agree that the prong-set one looks bigger, I have to say that the bezel-set one looks more cohesive, elegant, and overall, beautiful. Put me down for the one on the left!

P.S. - Also, consider the side profile ... this is just my completely subjective opinion, but I think the profile of the bezel would be far lovelier.
I agree that the 3 d aspects of the rings must be taken into account!!! Its not likely that anyone would get a view like that one for long periods. Sometimes I fall in love with a design from the top view, only to then get a shock when I see the profile.

But, from the top view, I vote.....prongs, even though its a tough call as they are both lovely. If the diamonds are sparkly, I dont think either design will matter as the diamonds would take all the attension, bezel or not.
36.gif

ps. am I imagining that the diamonds in the halo of the prong design look more recessed?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
bezel set hands down even if it looks smaller it looks finished and elegant
26.gif

To me the prong set with those particular prongs (I love prongs) looks unfinished. I spent more time looking at to me what seemed to be the out of place prongs (IMO) then I did the beautiful diamonds and halo. I love the idea of the halo with a prong set (it is usually one of my fave looks) just not with those particular prongs (maybe thinner ones, possibly with a sharper point?) it could be a bad photo though.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely, positively bezel.

jfus

Shiny_Rock
Bezel with milgraining!
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for bezel (with milgrain). Yes, the prong set diamond sure looks bigger, but somehow, the bezeled stone looks very elegant and defined. Sideviews will help cement the "deal".

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
wow, you all make such good points! And thanks for the measurements. I am leaning toward bezel, but its a good idea to see if smaller prongs can be used!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I am bias, but I vote prong all the way.

The light coming into the pavillion does wonders to the performance of the diamond, and I personally love the depth/height that the prong gives to the profile.

To each thier own.

Have you asked WF for profile pics? That may sway votes as well
2.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the prong profile. Now that I see it, I think I prefer the bezel setting on this particular ring. Thanks for having me look!

profile of prong.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 1:10:35 AM
Author: ccuheartnurse
I remember when these 2 styles 1st appeared, what was that about 2 yrs ago?? Do we have any pics of the side profiles? I wonder if AL or Mara tried these on when they went to visit WF. I do agree the bezel does define the stone, but I'm wondering if the prong set were set a bit higher so in real life it wasnt sitting on top of the halo, would you be able to see it better? Al or Mara, you got any pics of these ones? I swear I'm not lazy to go looking, but after 1 glass of vino & I'm having a bit of trouble typing. LOL I am SO easy!

Judy
Judy - AWESOME memory - yes, Mara and I did try on these rings during our first trip to WF. Funny - I preferred the prong-set version, and Mara preferred the bezel!

If you are going bezel, though, I think the bezel looks much better when it's milligrained (along with the outer edge, too). That might be a great compromise. I think it keeps the bezel from overwhelming the diamond and looks more delicate.

Here are the shots I took while we were there - profile on the bottom.

twohalos.JPG

Bezel on the left; prong set on the right.
haloparty2.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Here is a ring where the bezel is milligrained......looks more delicate and less ''intrusive'' to me.

eli.JPG

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the bezel set ring, myself.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prong, hands down! I feel that the bezel setting makes the diamond look smaller in this sort of case (not just in this particular example, because I don't know the size of the diamonds in the pic), probably because the bezel defines where the diamond stops and the halo begins. For this reason I prefer prong set stones with halos.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results